PDA

View Full Version : Hockey East Semis: UHN vs. Providence

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

cavbim
03-20-2014, 07:17 PM
I do not know who told me this...think it was another fan at the UNH v NU game on Sun...but "rumor" has it they (Gilles and DeSmith) have each other's numbers on their helmets...can anyone verify that? Either way...guess I'll admit it here that IF PC wins :p I will be pulling for them the rest of the way...something about the Leaman presence, I dunno. However...I staunchly remain...a Wildcat fan!!! :D

Bring it 'Cats!!

Yes we talked about that on PC thread

cavbim
03-20-2014, 07:19 PM
Watch video attached Gillies tells what is on his mask

http://coxsportsonline.com/2014/02/pc-goalies-nick-ellis-and-jon-gillies-unmasked-on-friars-all-access/

HockeyRef
03-20-2014, 08:13 PM
Yes we talked about that on PC thread

Ok maybe that's where I read that will check out that link thanks for posting it!

Bring It 'Cats!!

The Freds
03-20-2014, 09:14 PM
You just can't get analysis like mine anywhere else. Not for free anyway. :)

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Hopefully the Friars get past UNH, I don't get loaded again and babble at Murray for several hours and hopefully I see a number of you BC and BU fans this weekend cause it will be weird if I don't.

Brilliant!

Friar Away
03-20-2014, 09:43 PM
I consider myself one of the ten or so PC die hards, but after careful soul searching I've decided to skip the short red line trip and stay at home Friday night. I was a freshman last time the friars made it to the big dance and I don't want to miss the "bouncy ball" game. The way I look at it is 7:20 bball game starts, halftime will be right around the beginning of the hockey game, I'll switch back to watch the end of bball, then I'll catch at least the last period of hockey. Seems like I'll get the most bang for my buck by staying at home with remote in hand. Not to mention the beer in my fridge is a little cheaper than the garden. I guess they are having a watch party at hurricane O'reilleys for the basketball/hockey game, but I envision 99% of the tvs will be on bball. It also looks like barstool sports is having a party there that day, so it may not be prime viewing. Hopefully it will be the right decision, and I'll be buying my tickets for Saturday...

It sucks that the basketball game was scheduled the same night. As a fan of both teams my plan is watch the first half of basketball at Hurricane O'Reily's and go to the hockey game and try to watch the rest of the basketball game on the CBS app. Tough breaks for hockey scheduling, Maine series winds up being the same time as the Big East Tourney games and now the Hockey East semis fall on the same night as PC's first NCAA Basketball Tournament game in 10 years. As if we didn't have a small fan base to begin with. Also what is the barstool event you're talking about because that may cause me to change where I hit pregame, don't really feel like dealing with the barstool crowd.

HockeyRef
03-20-2014, 10:05 PM
It sucks that the basketball game was scheduled the same night. As a fan of both teams my plan is watch the first half of basketball at Hurricane O'Reily's and go to the hockey game and try to watch the rest of the basketball game on the CBS app. Tough breaks for hockey scheduling, Maine series winds up being the same time as the Big East Tourney games and now the Hockey East semis fall on the same night as PC's first NCAA Basketball Tournament game in 10 years. As if we didn't have a small fan base to begin with. Also what is the barstool event you're talking about because that may cause me to change where I hit pregame, don't really feel like dealing with the barstool crowd.

Read on Twitter that PC has 250 kids coming (don't know if it's by bus or not) UNH...on the other hand didn't get a bus together but think we'll have some fans just from the outlying areas of Boston! Good luck to all tomorrow night...

Friar Away
03-20-2014, 10:41 PM
Read on Twitter that PC has 250 kids coming (don't know if it's by bus or not) UNH...on the other hand didn't get a bus together but think we'll have some fans just from the outlying areas of Boston! Good luck to all tomorrow night...

PC did get a student bus. I'm surprised that many students are going with the basketball viewing party going on at Alumni Hall on campus. Hopefully that number is accurate.

unh1982
03-20-2014, 10:56 PM
PC did get a student bus. I'm surprised that many students are going with the basketball viewing party going on at Alumni Hall on campus. Hopefully that number is accurate.

that's one more bus than UNH

squidjigger
03-21-2014, 08:39 AM
From the Barstool site...

[I]"So big news on our Annual March Madness party. The venue has moved to Hurricane O’Reilly’s this year because Game On! is under construction still. That’s why we waited so long to announce it because we weren’t sure if they were going to be open. Same deal as always. This is my favorite day of the year. The entire Barstool crew gets there at noon and drinks and gambles our lives away till midnight. It doesn’t get any better than that. I think I went 1-15 last year vs the spread which kind of ruined the day so I’m looking for a bounce back.

Mark your calenders. Take the day off from work and come do what men were born to do. Gamble and drink."[/I

I read Barstool everyday, but I don't think I could deal with the college kids that go to these kinds of things, especially if I'm invested in watching a game. Their party starts at noon and Umass plays at 2:45. By the time our PC games get underway I assume the crowd will be a little drunk. That's why I opted out of the idea to go to hurricane o'reilleys then go to the game.

The Zlax45
03-21-2014, 10:22 AM
Is Saracino a swear word yet in Durham?

ClOuD 9
03-21-2014, 12:19 PM
Is Saracino a swear word yet in Durham?
No, but Scarano is in some circles. ;)

Chuck Murray
03-21-2014, 12:31 PM
No, but Scarano is in some circles. ;)

You guys may be onto something there ... :eek: :eek:

Darius
03-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Is Saracino a swear word yet in Durham?It is in Manchester. He'll match UNH's offensive output and another PC player or 2 will score to give PC the victory. Hoping I am wrong and we see the 'cats play great D and the Patrick Roy version of Desmith.

Chuck Murray
03-21-2014, 12:34 PM
Is PC looking for an ultra-experienced AD to move its Athletics Program in an aggressivey horizontal direction? If so ... I'm thinking perhaps a Scarano for Saracino trade could be brewing ... :D :)

Jon
03-21-2014, 01:07 PM
Is PC looking for an ultra-experienced AD to move its Athletics Program in an aggressivey horizontal direction? If so ... I'm thinking perhaps a Scarano for Saracino trade could be brewing ... :D :)

Well played, sir. Well played.

I'm not sure what got into Bob Driscoll. We were all pretty annoyed with him halfway through the Army era. I'm not sure if he lucked into Ed Cooley and the New Big East and Nate Leaman or what... Maybe he had a long term plan that's only starting to work right now.

PC91
03-21-2014, 01:23 PM
Best of luck to our UNH friends. I hope you enjoy your evening but not enjoy it too much! ;)

It should be a great night of hockey no matter which side gets the W. I would be even more gracious if only my UNH crush (the beautiful girl who sold candy at the Whitt some years ago) was going to be there tonight and agreed to run away with me forever. :)

unh1982
03-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Best of luck to our UNH friends. I hope you enjoy your evening but not enjoy it too much! ;)

It should be a great night of hockey no matter which side gets the W. I would be even more gracious if only my UNH crush (the beautiful girl who sold candy at the Whitt some years ago) was going to be there tonight and agreed to run away with me forever. :)

pc 91 , don't you want us to win that way (perhaps getting lucky tomorrow night) we could join you guys in the NCAA

Friar Away
03-21-2014, 04:00 PM
From the Barstool site...

[I]"So big news on our Annual March Madness party. The venue has moved to Hurricane OíReillyís this year because Game On! is under construction still. Thatís why we waited so long to announce it because we werenít sure if they were going to be open. Same deal as always. This is my favorite day of the year. The entire Barstool crew gets there at noon and drinks and gambles our lives away till midnight. It doesnít get any better than that. I think I went 1-15 last year vs the spread which kind of ruined the day so Iím looking for a bounce back.

Mark your calenders. Take the day off from work and come do what men were born to do. Gamble and drink."[/I

I read Barstool everyday, but I don't think I could deal with the college kids that go to these kinds of things, especially if I'm invested in watching a game. Their party starts at noon and Umass plays at 2:45. By the time our PC games get underway I assume the crowd will be a little drunk. That's why I opted out of the idea to go to hurricane o'reilleys then go to the game.

Ya I read barstool almost every day as well and this barstool viewing party would be a lot cooler if it was 4 years ago and I was still in college. Being a little bit older and having slowed down a lot from my "black out or backout" philosophy on partying I'm not sure if I want to be around a bunch of college kids still living the dream.

JAB
03-21-2014, 07:23 PM
Help! Want to watch UNH-PC on my computer. Is there a way I can do this? Thanks

The Freds
03-21-2014, 07:33 PM
Well played, sir. Well played.

I'm not sure what got into Bob Driscoll. We were all pretty annoyed with him halfway through the Army era. I'm not sure if he lucked into Ed Cooley and the New Big East and Nate Leaman or what... Maybe he had a long term plan that's only starting to work right now.

Jon, I think the Hockey Guy was toying with us for all those years. He really delivered. Kudos to him.