PDA

View Full Version : Hockey East Semis: UHN vs. Providence

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

FiveHole12
03-20-2014, 08:06 AM
PC is going to beat UNH and then beat the winner or the ND/UML game or they are going to lose a game. ;)

I think UNH will be a tough task for PC as they seem to always play each other to close games. I think UML will take care of ND and play for the title against hopefully PC but perhaps UNH.

Take that to the bank!!!
Brilliant! :)

theprofromdover
03-20-2014, 08:52 AM
I think that PC fans will need to carry this thread, which I for one am boycotting from hereon for their use of UHN in the title.

Hurry up and get your diaper changed.

PC91
03-20-2014, 09:07 AM
Brilliant! :)

You just can't get analysis like mine anywhere else. Not for free anyway. :)

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Hopefully the Friars get past UNH, I don't get loaded again and babble at Murray for several hours and hopefully I see a number of you BC and BU fans this weekend cause it will be weird if I don't.

The Zlax45
03-20-2014, 09:08 AM
The one thing with UNH that scares me is the fact DeSmith has never played well against Gillies...he has to be due

theprofromdover
03-20-2014, 09:43 AM

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Hopefully the Friars get past UNH, I don't get loaded again and babble at Murray for several hours and hopefully I see a number of you BC and BU fans this weekend cause it will be weird if I don't.

You'll have to spill your beer on someone else this year!

PC91
03-20-2014, 09:53 AM
You'll have to spill your beer on someone else this year!

To my credit you never got a drop of my beer on you. It was the guy on front of us! :p

squidjigger
03-20-2014, 10:03 AM
I consider myself one of the ten or so PC die hards, but after careful soul searching I've decided to skip the short red line trip and stay at home Friday night. I was a freshman last time the friars made it to the big dance and I don't want to miss the "bouncy ball" game. The way I look at it is 7:20 bball game starts, halftime will be right around the beginning of the hockey game, I'll switch back to watch the end of bball, then I'll catch at least the last period of hockey. Seems like I'll get the most bang for my buck by staying at home with remote in hand. Not to mention the beer in my fridge is a little cheaper than the garden. I guess they are having a watch party at hurricane O'reilleys for the basketball/hockey game, but I envision 99% of the tvs will be on bball. It also looks like barstool sports is having a party there that day, so it may not be prime viewing. Hopefully it will be the right decision, and I'll be buying my tickets for Saturday...

Chuck Murray
03-20-2014, 10:09 AM
The one thing with UNH that scares me is the fact DeSmith has never played well against Gillies...he has to be due

I hope you're right ... but I've always thought this whole "has to be due" concept is overrated. Things usually happen for a reason, and usually it's a pretty good reason. Maybe Gillies playing behind DeSmith in juniors gives the former extra focus and motivation, and puts DeSmith mentally on the defensive? Or maybe Gillies is just better than DeSmith, and/or Providence is just better than UNH?

I mean, let's face it, UMass and Merrimack are "due" to win this tourney any time now. Northeastern is WAY overdue since their last (only) one 25 or so years ago. Brown and Dartmouth are likewise "due" to win the ECAC tourney ... someday. And so on, and so on, etc.

For the record ... Gillies is a better goalie (now), PC is a more talented team, and Coach Leaman is going to win a D-1 tourney someday as head coach - if not at Providence, then somewhere else ( ... Durham? Orono??). :eek:

If UNH wins on Friday, it will be an upset. :)

Scarlet
03-20-2014, 10:11 AM
PC is going to beat UNH and then beat the winner or the ND/UML game or they are going to lose a game. ;)

I think UNH will be a tough task for PC as they seem to always play each other to close games. I think UML will take care of ND and play for the title against hopefully PC but perhaps UNH.

Take that to the bank!!!

You're going out on a major limb there!! Hope you don't jinx....anyone. :) Good luck to the Friars and my faux little bro/nephew/kid/relative. And I may have just given you the kiss of death by putting down into print my best wishes and for that I apologize in advance!!

Chuck Murray
03-20-2014, 10:15 AM
I consider myself one of the ten or so PC die hards, but after careful soul searching I've decided to skip the short red line trip and stay at home Friday night ... The way I look at it is 7:20 bball game starts, halftime will be right around the beginning of the hockey game, I'll switch back to watch the end of bball, then I'll catch at least the last period of hockey. Seems like I'll get the most bang for my buck by staying at home with remote in hand.

And this is from one of the few PC diehards. :eek:

Gosh it's gonna be a quiet late game, at least in the PC section. #pcproblems #wishwehadalegithoopsprogramatunh

theprofromdover
03-20-2014, 10:37 AM
To my credit you never got a drop of my beer on you. It was the guy on front of us! :p

And the guy to your right!

Hockeyman99
03-20-2014, 10:37 AM
I'd be real surprised if UHN beats Providence. UHN might be hungrier and play with more desperation as they need at least 1 win to make the NCAAs.

PC91
03-20-2014, 12:17 PM
You're going out on a major limb there!! Hope you don't jinx....anyone. :) Good luck to the Friars and my faux little bro/nephew/kid/relative. And I may have just given you the kiss of death by putting down into print my best wishes and for that I apologize in advance!!

Are you going to be at the Garden at all this weekend? Come on, he's family! Would love to see you :)

Patman
03-20-2014, 12:24 PM
And this is from one of the few PC diehards. :eek:

Gosh it's gonna be a quiet late game, at least in the PC section. #pcproblems #wishwehadalegithoopsprogramatunh

doesn't CBS have an app for that? seriously?

cavbim
03-20-2014, 12:27 PM
I hope you're right ... but I've always thought this whole "has to be due" concept is overrated. Things usually happen for a reason, and usually it's a pretty good reason. Maybe Gillies playing behind DeSmith in juniors gives the former extra focus and motivation, and puts DeSmith mentally on the defensive? Or maybe Gillies is just better than DeSmith, and/or Providence is just better than UNH?

I mean, let's face it, UMass and Merrimack are "due" to win this tourney any time now. Northeastern is WAY overdue since their last (only) one 25 or so years ago. Brown and Dartmouth are likewise "due" to win the ECAC tourney ... someday. And so on, and so on, etc.

For the record ... Gillies is a better goalie (now), PC is a more talented team, and Coach Leaman is going to win a D-1 tourney someday as head coach - if not at Providence, then somewhere else ( ... Durham? Orono??). :eek:

If UNH wins on Friday, it will be an upset. :)

I really think Gillies loves the challenge of going against his buddies

He tweeted this today:

“@JGillies32: #TBT to the Indy days with @caseydesmith29 in honor of tomorrow night's matchup #Iceboys #PCvsUNH… http://Instagram.com/p/lxS3Y9PaGZ/”

I think it's pretty cool he has so many friendly rivalries.

FiveHole12
03-20-2014, 01:39 PM

I'll be there, definitely for the late game.
To be honest, I'm looking forward to see how these teams play against anyone not named BC. It amazes me that we have to bring our A game every night to eek out a win, then all you guys suck against everyone else. ;)

Chuck Murray
03-20-2014, 05:26 PM

He tweeted this today:

“@JGillies32: #TBT to the Indy days with @caseydesmith29 in honor of tomorrow night's matchup #Iceboys #PCvsUNH… http://Instagram.com/p/lxS3Y9PaGZ/”

I think that's a great approach. Under truth serum, I think any athlete worth his/her salt would probably admit to being motivated at a "whole 'nother level" when playing against their buddies. It's not malicious - it's just personal pride. LOVE that attitude. :)

The Zlax45
03-20-2014, 05:56 PM
I think that's a great approach. Under truth serum, I think any athlete worth his/her salt would probably admit to being motivated at a "whole 'nother level" when playing against their buddies. It's not malicious - it's just personal pride. LOVE that attitude. :)

He has the same attitude with Demko who he was teammates with for the WJC this past year.

The Zlax45
03-20-2014, 05:56 PM
I consider myself a PC diehard as I have missed ten games the entire year....

I will be at the Lowell and ND game as I am interested in seeing the Irish and Riverhawks also.

HockeyRef
03-20-2014, 07:05 PM

He tweeted this today:

I do not know who told me this...think it was another fan at the UNH v NU game on Sun...but "rumor" has it they (Gilles and DeSmith) have each other's numbers on their helmets...can anyone verify that? Either way...guess I'll admit it here that IF PC wins :p I will be pulling for them the rest of the way...something about the Leaman presence, I dunno. However...I staunchly remain...a Wildcat fan!!! :D

Bring it 'Cats!!