PDA

View Full Version : Hockey East Semis: UHN vs. Providence

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

The Freds
03-16-2014, 10:09 PM
Yet another (likely VERY small) break comes UNH's way. :) You keeping a running tally, Felger?? :p

I'm curious why you see that as a break for UNH. PC only has 10 of us hockey fans anyway. ;) And since I'm out west now, it will be difficult to make it to Boston next weekend.

unh1982
03-16-2014, 10:17 PM
Where?

Texas i believe

Friar Away
03-16-2014, 10:24 PM
Texas i believe

Yep they'll be playing in San Antonio. Gonna be a blow to what was probably already a small contingent of Friar fans and students making the trip to the Garden.

BlackI
03-16-2014, 10:26 PM
ouch

That sums it up. :)

The Freds
03-17-2014, 01:19 AM
Yep they'll be playing in San Antonio. Gonna be a blow to what was probably already a small contingent of Friar fans and students making the trip to the Garden.

I suspect the usual 10 fans (it would have been 11 if I was in New England) along with the players families will show for PC. :) I do hope it is much larger, but PC has not traveled well for a long, long time. I'm not so sure bouncy ball will have a big effect.

ericredaxe
03-17-2014, 04:25 AM
have they announced who is playing early game yet , lowell has the option to choose.

I think that's actually NESN's call, not the highest seeds.

Patronick
03-17-2014, 05:45 AM
I think that's actually NESN's call, not the highest seeds.

It's the higher seeds call.

Lowell is playing the early game.

ericredaxe
03-17-2014, 06:37 AM
It's the higher seeds call.

Lowell is playing the early game.

Ill let a higher authority than me chime in on this to confirm, but here at BU i believe we learned otherwise a few years back.

You are correct that Lowell is in the early game.

Felger
03-17-2014, 07:05 AM
Yet another (likely VERY small) break comes UNH's way. :) You keeping a running tally, Felger?? :p

Running out of ink trying to keep the tally.

Wishing we could have had just a smidge of this luck when Sadowski walked in on Alfie in ot

Chuck Murray
03-17-2014, 10:34 AM
Something else that crossed my mind, looking ahead to next weekend ... one of four programs has an opportunity to add a HE Tourney trophy to their modest hardware collections. Notre Dame, being the newcomers, have a great opportunity to overturn what has been a mediocre debut season by taking their first HE hardware, and as at least one of their fans posted on another thread ... they are still the defending CCHA Tourney champs (something they'll carry with them forever, barring a future rebirth of that league) so they can "repeat" in what would be a very unique way. But I don't see them getting past Lowell.

Providence and UNH have won this tourney twice apiece, and are playing each other on Friday with a chance to advance and play for their 3rd HE Tourney trophy. That would move either program into 4th place overall in HE history, behind BC, BU and UMaine (closest ahead with 5 HE trophies). Defending champions UMass Lowell have a chance to add their second such trophy, and emulate what first-time winners UNH did in consecutive seasons in 2002 and 2003 ... and in doing so, draw even with PC and UNH in the middle tier of HE Trophy hardware (with a bullet though!). Northeastern and Lowell are currently the only one-time winners.

It's pretty modest stuff when compared to what has happened with the three leading programs historically, but an opportunity all the same for one of the programs to enjoy a moment in the sun, and sharpen up their comparisons. It's hard not to give the edge to the defending champs, but regardless it should be a great time, and hope we see some great hockey too. :)

Jon
03-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Texas i believe

"That's the one problem with Texas."
"Texans?"
- MST3K

sonar
03-18-2014, 06:09 PM
bump

Snively65
03-19-2014, 02:08 PM
bump

I think that PC fans will need to carry this thread, which I for one am boycotting from hereon for their use of UHN in the title.

sonar
03-19-2014, 02:13 PM
I think that PC fans will need to carry this thread, which I for one am boycotting from hereon for their use of UHN in the title.

Agreed

Chuck Murray
03-19-2014, 06:09 PM

From the looks of it, they PC fans are already boycotting this thread themselves.

SO hard to drag anyone out of their comfortable little "silos" these days ... :(

... actually not too much going on in their own thread recently either. :eek:

Love the PC diehards, but the problem remains, there's too few of 'em.

wildcatfan_GoNH
03-19-2014, 07:45 PM
Filled out my bracket. Took PC over UNC :confused: Hoping my bracket holds and PC only wins one game Friday night. Love to see a great hockey game though maybe even overtime although my heart might fail if that occurs. Think it might be high scoring as our D has been, well yikes, of late and think our top line of Sorkin, Goumas, Willows (can't see that line separating) can put a few past 32 in black/silver. Can anyone else not wait for Friday?

The Freds
03-20-2014, 12:36 AM

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

FiveHole12
03-20-2014, 04:53 AM
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
Some folks are sensitive. Maybe it would have been acceptable if it was UHN vs Proviced. ;)
Personally, I think this thread should have been named the Skating Mother Theresa's vs the Goons. :D

PC91
03-20-2014, 08:01 AM
PC is going to beat UNH and then beat the winner or the ND/UML game or they are going to lose a game. ;)

I think UNH will be a tough task for PC as they seem to always play each other to close games. I think UML will take care of ND and play for the title against hopefully PC but perhaps UNH.

Take that to the bank!!!

PC91
03-20-2014, 08:05 AM
Love the PC diehards, but the problem remains, there's too few of 'em.

The few of us appreciate the kind words. We are small in number but we make up for it in sass and attitude. ;):p