Hockey East Semis: #2 UMass-Lowell vs. #8 Notre Dame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East Semis: #2 UMass-Lowell vs. #8 Notre Dame

[QUOTE=candycanes99;5922524]Fair enough, agree with that. Just curious not having seen a lot of their games, what was BC doing all season to lead the conf in PIM?[/QUOTe

not sure of the number of calls all year, doesn't necessarily speak to a style of play of clutching and grabbing....didn't see the entire year but I did witness three games this weekend....very conflicting style of playing the game....the Gaudreau kid was mauled the entire game 3....did you watch the game?

Comment

With all that talent, they don't even have to play that way. They just choose to. They're good at it but, I bet they'd be good winning other ways too.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by beach327 View Post
        not sure of the number of calls all year, doesn't necessarily speak to a style of play of clutching and grabbing....didn't see the entire year but I did witness three games this weekend....very conflicting style of playing the game....the Gaudreau kid was mauled the entire game 3....did you watch the game?
        I did watch the game. BC seemed to generate plenty of good shots and scoring chances in the 3rd even with ND sitting back trying to hold the lead. Even the other people I've talked to who weren't a fan on the playing style or reffing haven't claimed that Johnny Hockey was 'mauled' at any point.

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        With all that talent, they don't even have to play that way. They just choose to. They're good at it but, I bet they'd be good winning other ways too.
        You're probably right, but according to a post I read (somewhere) they tried to play more open and offensively aggressive early, but couldn't outscore other teams consistently with that approach. Having seen most of their home games I agree that the offensive talent is there but when you are starting 10+ seniors that have been playing one system for 3+ years...
        Boston University 2009 Champs
        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA
          that said, is JeffJacksonForPresident still on here and coming to Boston this weekend? I would love to see him and his wife again. they are a classy pair of hockey fans!
          You might have the gender roles swapped on that one.
          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Arrrgghhh...can't go Friday night due to other poorly scheduled commitment. Better win so I can go Saturday!
            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Stop me if you've heard this one before...

Originally posted by fanboy
              ____________ is possibly the dirtiest player in the league right now (never plays a shift without a crosscheck, a slash or holding someone along the boards), but because he is so tiny and cannot knock anyone over he almost never gets called. I can go on.
              Right out of the fanboy handbook. Bravo. You just change the BC 30 goal scorer every few years for your story. Also Gaudreau holding people along the walls? I hope for your sake you're just still drunk from St. Pat's day.
              Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 03-18-2014, 06:54 PM.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                Stop me if you've heard this one before...

Right out of the fanboy handbook. Bravo. You just change the BC 30 goal scorer every few years for your story. Also Gaudreau holding people along the walls? I hope for your sake you're just still drunk from St. Pat's day.
                Nick Petrecki had a 30 goal season?!
                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                  Arrrgghhh...can't go Friday night due to other poorly scheduled commitment. Better win so I can go Saturday!
                  This same thing happened to you for Pittsburgh, and we all know what happened. So you're going to be the one to blame.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    This same thing happened to you for Pittsburgh, and we all know what happened. So you're going to be the one to blame.
                    always the same thing... excuses, excuses, excuses
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

no, you are biased because you are watching your eagle puck carriers get clutched and grabbed and you are not noticing what your boys are doing to against the opposition. Kevin Hayes has no problem slowing guys down illegally whenever he wants to. Little Johnny is possibly the dirtiest player in the league right now (never plays a shift without a crosscheck, a slash or holding someone along the boards), but because he is so tiny and cannot knock anyone over he almost never gets called. I can go on. The entire D corps finishes checks with hands in the face and/or elbows high, OFTEN.

Don't get me wrong, I love BC and Jerry, I really do. But I see what his boys do and how they play--it's hockey. (They do a lot within what the referees allow that is not ok according to the rulebook... if you were impartial, or a former ref, or both, you would see it.)

Watch PC if you wanna see a speed team that does not play cheap, or at least not in the 7 games I saw them play this season.... two of which were against very good lowell and NU teams, and the others were against slower maine and slowest MC teams.

so, in closing, you ARE saying that Jerry is not a good enough coach to adapt, mid-game, to the way the refs are calling it. interesting
                      Since you're out in LA, liquid lunch yesterday?

Comment

Little Johnny is possibly the dirtiest player in the league right now (never plays a shift without a crosscheck, a slash or holding someone along the boards), but because he is so tiny and cannot knock anyone over he almost never gets called.
                        Hahaha... I've been watching Johnny for three seasons and have yet to see him initiate any contact with an opponent.
                        If you wanted to get anywhere with this b.s., should have started your campaign 3 years ago.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

no, you are biased because you are watching your eagle puck carriers get clutched and grabbed and you are not noticing what your boys are doing to against the opposition. Kevin Hayes has no problem slowing guys down illegally whenever he wants to. Little Johnny is possibly the dirtiest player in the league right now (never plays a shift without a crosscheck, a slash or holding someone along the boards), but because he is so tiny and cannot knock anyone over he almost never gets called. I can go on. The entire D corps finishes checks with hands in the face and/or elbows high, OFTEN.

Don't get me wrong, I love BC and Jerry, I really do. But I see what his boys do and how they play--it's hockey. (They do a lot within what the referees allow that is not ok according to the rulebook... if you were impartial, or a former ref, or both, you would see it.)

Watch PC if you wanna see a speed team that does not play cheap, or at least not in the 7 games I saw them play this season.... two of which were against very good lowell and NU teams, and the others were against slower maine and slowest MC teams.

so, in closing, you ARE saying that Jerry is not a good enough coach to adapt, mid-game, to the way the refs are calling it. interesting
                          Dope.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                            You might have the gender roles swapped on that one.
                            Don't stop him. He's on a roll!
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Ok, back to topics actually related to the game at hand.

Lowell swept ND in the regular season including a shut out. But ND had several key players injured. ND is back to full strength now and also facing a strong Lowell team again. How does everyone see the match-up this time around and can Lowell handle ND's size? Can ND make any inroads against the best defensively ranked team in the country in Lowell?
                              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                                Ok, back to topics actually related to the game at hand.

Lowell swept ND in the regular season including a shut out. But ND had several key players injured. ND is back to full strength now and also facing a strong Lowell team again. How does everyone see the match-up this time around and can Lowell handle ND's size? Can ND make any inroads against the best defensively ranked team in the country in Lowell?

I didnt' watch any of the BC/ND series but after reading the recaps and box scores, it seems easy.
                                Stop Johns and the game is over. See how simple that is?

Truthfully, I'm expecting a full on battle waged here. Should be some great hockey.
                                Both goaltenders playing really well, both teams like to hit and play agressively.
                                I just worry about UML's scoring. ND shut down the best line in the country for the most part, that's a little daunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X