Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East Semis: #2 UMass-Lowell vs. #8 Notre Dame

Originally posted by ND Hockey View Post
    Does anybody know the ticket situation for Notre Dame? I'm guessing there won't be much demand to travel out to Boston on short notice.
    Doesn't ND have their Tournament Central site up and running yet?

I know all the local ND wanna-be's will be out in full force but that's the tough thing about being so far away, how many real ND on-campus fans like actual ND students would even be able to make the trip?
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Getting in the building wasn't a problem when it was the "beanpot" a few years back, shouldn't be a problem now.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Does anybody know the ticket situation for Notre Dame? I'm guessing there won't be much demand to travel out to Boston on short notice.
        What? You guys weren't planning on this since October? What kind of fans are you?
        Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
          What? You guys weren't planning on this since October? What kind of fans are you?
          We were given 500 that changed to 600
          BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
            Are we going to hear this every year? I thought this was an upgrade over Detroit?

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

So looking forward to this. Crowd should be fun, like last year when no one was rooting for BU (except BU fans) against us, I'd think it would be the same this year ... everyone should be rooting for Lowell as people don't want ND to win (except the obvious of course).

This ND teams scares me. They played us real tough when they were short-handed due to injuries. Now ... yikes.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

We bought tix at the box office 2 hours before the game last year, shouldn't be a problem getting them especially since there isn't a team from "on the green line" playing!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                  We bought tix at the box office 2 hours before the game last year, shouldn't be a problem getting them especially since there isn't a team from "on the green line" playing!
                  I wish I could be there. 5pm Friday is a killer when the drive is 13 hours...
                  Boston University 2009 Champs
                  Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Can't see an issue with tickets
                    Bldg may be half empty fri
                    7/8 empty Saturday
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                      Hopefully the refs will call all the "clutching and grabbing" ND does.....the longer they swallow the whistles, the more they do it....They are tough enough to play and when the refs "let them play" mentality takes over, they thrive....GO LOWELL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        7/8 empty Saturday
                        All the bars in Boston will be thrilled that all the students in the area have a free night.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I don't mind rooting for Notre Dame. First of all, they crushed the BC Menace, so give them their props for that. Next, Lowell plays butt-boring hockey. I'm happy for their success, but if everybody emulated their style we'd be seeing half the games end as 0-0 ties and the other half as 1-0 final scores.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            7/8 empty Saturday
                            It's also spring break for Lowell this week. Hopefully the students that are still in the area will make it Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                              yeah... doing my usual search of such things... acela to boston would be 259 dollars

edit: next week, the short list of plans would be....

Worcester: Fly to boston, rent car in boston, stay w mom and dad
                              Bridgeport: Train to Bridgeport, convince kingdobbs to let me stay with him, failing that hotel
                              Cincinnati: Fly to Cincy, looking for you guys for hotel support
                              Minneapolis: Same as Cincy

---

Very unlikely I'll try to come up this weekend unless the stars aligned.
                              Last edited by Patman; 03-17-2014, 12:41 PM.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by beach327 View Post
                                Hopefully the refs will call all the "clutching and grabbing" ND does.....the longer they swallow the whistles, the more they do it....They are tough enough to play and when the refs "let them play" mentality takes over, they thrive....GO LOWELL!!!!
                                Less clutch/grab and more clog/congest lately to be honest. Should be a good chess match, and UML's scoring balance will require a different approach than BC's top-heavy attack.
                                Boston University 2009 Champs
                                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Working...
                                X