Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3/16/14 - Eastern QF - Do you know the way to Central Maine? SCORES!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/16/14 - Eastern QF - Do you know the way to Central Maine? SCORES!!

by 6 PM or so we will know who will be the opponents for St. Norbert and Wisconsin-Stevens Point. Who will it be? Will Norwich and Oswego make it 5 straight trips? Or will the home ice teams prevail? It's going to be interesting and I think one of the games will go long and maybe even longer. So good luck to the four schools and may the better teams win, whomever you are.

As always the vid and audio links can be found here: http://d3hockey.com/seasons/men/2013...board/schedule
    (as of noon:22 somebody has a sense of humor)
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: 3/16/14 - Eastern QF - Do you know the way to Central Maine? SCORES!!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    (as of noon:22 somebody has a sense of humor)
    You mean the pro-Oswego bias of this site has spilled over to the more credible of the two d3 hockey sites?
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      You mean the pro-Oswego bias of this site has spilled over to the more credible of the two d3 hockey sites?
      Somebody in the Babson sports office was testing and forgot to reset. The editor has been notified and the person responsible has been sacked.

EDIT: And order has been restored as of 12:55 ET
      Last edited by joecct; 03-16-2014, 11:50 AM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Somebody in the Babson sports office was testing and forgot to reset. The editor has been notified and the person responsible has been sacked.
        I prefer my explanation

Comment

Gameday, wow, nervous. Let's go Wick! (And Babs)

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
            Gameday, wow, nervous. Let's go Wick! (And Babs)

r
            For Genny to win, they have to dictate the pace of the game, something which Norwich is reluctant to relinquish. If Geneseo gets 25-30 shots on goal, I think they stand a chance of winning. If their shots are in the teens, forget it.

The Oswego / Babson game is a tossup. I picked Oswego because their offense is better than Babson's. Others are favoring Babson because of the goaltending.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

For Genny to win, they have to dictate the pace of the game, something which Norwich is reluctant to relinquish. If Geneseo gets 25-30 shots on goal, I think they stand a chance of winning. If their shots are in the teens, forget it.

The Oswego / Babson game is a tossup. I picked Oswego because their offense is better than Babson's. Others are favoring Babson because of the goaltending.
              My computer picked Babson and Norwich. Based on observation of the teams, I like those picks. I don't think that Oswego is going to put many goals up on Andrews, and I think Norwich will bring the offense with them today (although I wish they had a power play like the NU women's team does).

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                We are legion.

Comment

I agree with your assessments. One wildcard is coaching experience, Oswego and Norwich have it, Genny and Babson don't. That could play a big role in deciding things. I think all four teams are very evenly matched otherwise, as recent results would suggest.

r

Comment

Great job by WTOP kids sending a crew for this despite being on Spring break now.
                    MJBeckman
                    Oswego '93
                    Great Lakers Hockey - WNYO, WTOP, Oswegonian
                    1991-1993
                    2007 D-III NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mjbeckman View Post
                      Great job by WTOP kids sending a crew for this despite being on Spring break now.
                      +1

This is exceptional coverage...especially considering it is a road game for Oz!!

Comment

Lakers get a PPG! Gertsakis shot goes off A skate and LAkers go up 1-0...14 mins gone!

Edit...the skate was Holshof's
                        MJBeckman
                        Oswego '93
                        1991-1993

Comment

Galati from Botten on a two-man rush thru Babs defense to make it 2-0 about 90 seconds later.
                          MJBeckman
                          Oswego '93
                          1991-1993

Comment

1-0 Norwich after one, PPG at the buzzer by Flaherty. SOG are 12-3 ish.

r

Comment

2-0 oswego after 1.....i think Babo has 1 sog to oswegos 15ish??

Comment

Working...
                              X