Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2014 Inaugural NCHC Frozen Faceoff: This One's For All the Tostitos..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2014 Inaugural NCHC Frozen Faceoff: This One's For All the Tostitos..

And Discuss. WMU, Miami and DU are in...will CC or UND follow suit?
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: The 2014 Inaugural NCHC Frozen Faceoff: This One's For All the Tostitos..

If CC follows, there will be 1,200 fans at Target Center.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      For the whole weekend. Maybe.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        I think we know what most people want as the outcome on this

I would be very curious as to what their pre-sale numbers are actually...
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

For those who actually go, I recommend the Deep Fried Jucy Lucy at Hubert's: burger that is stuffed with American cheese & coated with diced bacon, beer-battered & fried, with mayo on Texas toast. http://www.hubertsmpls.com/#!specialty-burgers/c1qyt

There are no tailgate lots that I know of, but the nightlife (for lack of a better word) provides more options than St Paul.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The NCHC must be hoping for a sioux win.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Well UND fans aren't bandwagon jumpers like Gopher fans were when their team missed the Final Five. Even if UND manages to lose another game to a team who had one whole road win all season prior to this weekend, their fans will still go to Minneapolis. They'll still outnumber the other seven fanbases combined.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                Well UND fans aren't bandwagon jumpers like Gopher fans were when their team missed the Final Five. Even if UND manages to lose another game to a team who had one whole road win all season prior to this weekend, their fans will still go to Minneapolis. They'll still outnumber the other seven fanbases combined.
                So, expect about a dozen UND fans for that outnumbering to happen?

Comment

I would be there if I could afford the trip right now. Even if Denver weren't going to be there, I would be there, but that whole money thing, you know...

Comment

Brent, that burger sounds amazing...even if I would prefer it not fried

Lots of important questions abound: where will most hockey fans go before and after games? How will the Fan Fest Be? How lost will I get in the Pourhouse?

While the tournament may not be what the NCHC wanted for attendance, The Target Center is fully equipped for the lackluster crowds. It is the home of the Timberwolves you see.
                    Last edited by Biddco; 03-16-2014, 01:05 PM.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      Anything to get out of Grand Forks, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                        Anything to get out of Grand Forks, eh?
                        Anything to get out of the Twin Cities...oh wait...

Wonder what percentage of UND fans at these games are from the cities.
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

It will be busy downtown Friday afternoon because of the NCAA basketball tourney. I work downtown and there are always tons of people out on the first Friday of he tourney watching games. I will be out with some rewinds myself. Since my squad ****ed down their leg this weekend I will not be going to the games.
                          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            Anything to get out of the Twin Cities...oh wait...
                            Grand Forks and East Grand Forks? OK, I didn't know the locals called them that.

Comment

With SCSU not being in Minneapolis next weekend, I am kinda glad that I was "forgotten" to be added to the group package. I will still be in the area doing what I do best...drink.
                              Last edited by Lady wore Black; 03-16-2014, 07:43 PM.
                              Originally posted by Skeeterman
                              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Working...
                              X