PDA

View Full Version : The 2014 Inaugural NCHC Frozen Faceoff: This One's For All the Tostitos..

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Biddco
03-16-2014, 10:11 AM
And Discuss. WMU, Miami and DU are in...will CC or UND follow suit?

bronconick
03-16-2014, 10:15 AM
If CC follows, there will be 1,200 fans at Target Center.

The Rube
03-16-2014, 10:17 AM

For the whole weekend. Maybe.

RaceBoarder
03-16-2014, 10:32 AM

I think we know what most people want as the outcome on this :p

I would be very curious as to what their pre-sale numbers are actually...

The Rube
03-16-2014, 10:40 AM
For those who actually go, I recommend the Deep Fried Jucy Lucy at Hubert's: burger that is stuffed with American cheese & coated with diced bacon, beer-battered & fried, with mayo on Texas toast. http://www.hubertsmpls.com/#!specialty-burgers/c1qyt

There are no tailgate lots that I know of, but the nightlife (for lack of a better word) provides more options than St Paul.

vizoroo
03-16-2014, 11:31 AM
The NCHC must be hoping for a sioux win.

Dirty
03-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Well UND fans aren't bandwagon jumpers like Gopher fans were when their team missed the Final Five. Even if UND manages to lose another game to a team who had one whole road win all season prior to this weekend, their fans will still go to Minneapolis. They'll still outnumber the other seven fanbases combined.

The Rube
03-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Well UND fans aren't bandwagon jumpers like Gopher fans were when their team missed the Final Five. Even if UND manages to lose another game to a team who had one whole road win all season prior to this weekend, their fans will still go to Minneapolis. They'll still outnumber the other seven fanbases combined.

So, expect about a dozen UND fans for that outnumbering to happen? ;)

duper
03-16-2014, 12:23 PM
I would be there if I could afford the trip right now. Even if Denver weren't going to be there, I would be there, but that whole money thing, you know...

Biddco
03-16-2014, 01:00 PM
Brent, that burger sounds amazing...even if I would prefer it not fried :eek:

Lots of important questions abound: where will most hockey fans go before and after games? How will the Fan Fest Be? How lost will I get in the Pourhouse?

While the tournament may not be what the NCHC wanted for attendance, The Target Center is fully equipped for the lackluster crowds. It is the home of the Timberwolves you see.

goldy_331
03-16-2014, 01:05 PM

Anything to get out of Grand Forks, eh?

Biddco
03-16-2014, 01:09 PM
Anything to get out of Grand Forks, eh?

Anything to get out of the Twin Cities...oh wait...

Wonder what percentage of UND fans at these games are from the cities.

scsutommyboy
03-16-2014, 02:16 PM
It will be busy downtown Friday afternoon because of the NCAA basketball tourney. I work downtown and there are always tons of people out on the first Friday of he tourney watching games. I will be out with some rewinds myself. Since my squad ****ed down their leg this weekend I will not be going to the games.

goldy_331
03-16-2014, 02:37 PM
Anything to get out of the Twin Cities...oh wait...

Grand Forks and East Grand Forks? OK, I didn't know the locals called them that.

Lady wore Black
03-16-2014, 07:24 PM
With SCSU not being in Minneapolis next weekend, I am kinda glad that I was "forgotten" to be added to the group package. I will still be in the area doing what I do best...drink.

burd
03-16-2014, 09:53 PM
And Discuss. WMU, Miami and DU are in...will CC or UND follow suit?

CC dam near got there. They played very well this weekend.

darker98
03-16-2014, 09:59 PM
CC dam near got there. They played very well this weekend.
I think attendance is going to suck, but imagine if UND did not make it.

Biddco
03-17-2014, 08:16 AM
Grand Forks and East Grand Forks? OK, I didn't know the locals called them that.

They call them the Twin Forks ;)

It's nice to have this tournament with a 3rd place game. That way if your team loses on Friday you can still see them play. Not that I'll get to see UMD play another game this year :(

MplsSioux
03-17-2014, 09:04 AM
They call them the Twin Forks ;)

It's nice to have this tournament with a 3rd place game. That way if your team loses on Friday you can still see them play. Not that I'll get to see UMD play another game this year :(

Ha! I like this, I'm easily entertained though.

The Exiled One
03-17-2014, 11:02 AM
Well, I'm kind of hoping for three NCHC teams to make the NCAA tourney, so good luck UND... but only for one game. Then, bad luck for the other game and good luck for the rest of the NCAA field falling into place.

I'm okay with Miami winning the whole thing, but I don't want to see them in SCSU's regional.

UNO and UMD have been cleaning up recruits from the state of Minnesota. I'm kind of glad they can't leverage conference championships or NCAA appearances to do even better than they are. Still, I would have loved to have attended a UND, SCSU, UMD, and UNO Frozen Faceoff. Oh well, maybe next year.