PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Inaugural Big Ten Hockey Tournament 3/20 - 3/22

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Gophers #1
03-16-2014, 10:09 AM
Bracket is out.
Minnesota is the night game of the Friday Semifinals, Wisconsin play the afternoon game.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/031514aaa.html

The Rube
03-16-2014, 10:37 AM
As always, a GopherPuckLive tailgate is happening. Look for the flags behind the Dairy Queen near the Xcel. It's a very fun time, just don't be a Richard. All fans would be welcome.

Some tips:
Bring beer from your local area to share/trade. Example: Surly is a popular choice for the MN crew.
Practice your bar-dart throwing skills for BeerDarts, a game with a treasured tradition: http://beerdarts.net/
From what I know, a Porta-Potty will be on site for Fri/Sat, but donation is required to cover the cost of the rental.

Slap Shot
03-16-2014, 11:01 AM
Should be fun.

Steve_MN
03-16-2014, 11:47 AM
As always, a GopherPuckLive tailgate is happening. Look for the flags behind the Dairy Queen near the Xcel. It's a very fun time, just don't be a Richard. All fans would be welcome.

Some tips:
Bring beer from your local area to share/trade. Example: Surly is a popular choice for the MN crew.
Practice your bar-dart throwing skills for BeerDarts, a game with a treasured tradition: http://beerdarts.net/
From what I know, a Porta-Potty will be on site for Fri/Sat, but donation is required to cover the cost of the rental.
T minus 4 days and counting. 2 batches of homebrew already kegged, the last one will be put in the keg today.

Red Cows
03-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Actually, this is NOT the "Inaugural" Big 10 Hockey Tournament.

That was actually held at Northwestern in January of 2013. Northwestern, the City of Evanston, and the participating schools promoted it as such at the time.

I attended the the Northwestern/Nebraska game (which the Huskers won 12-2) played on 1-18-13 at the Robert Crown Center in Evanston that was part of the tourney.

This was set up purposefully to actually BE the first since the Big 10 hockey conference had already been announced and this was a chance to trump the D-1 league.

The Rube
03-16-2014, 11:57 AM

That was actually held at Northwestern in January of 2013. Northwestern, the City of Evanston, and the participating schools promoted it as such at the time.

I attended the the Northwestern/Nebraska game (which the Huskers won 12-2) played on 1-18-13 at the Robert Crown Center in Evanston that was part of the tourney.

This was set up purposefully to actually BE the first since the Big 10 hockey conference had already been announced and this was a chance to trump the D-1 league.

Doesn't count. MN wasn't there. tArrogance

Gophers #1
03-16-2014, 11:59 AM

Sorry, that doesn't count. This is real hockey, that hockey is not real hockey. Club Hockey doesn't count and so that tournament Northwestern hosted doesn't count as the inaugural big ten hockey tourney. Say what they want, but this is the real inaugural big ten tourney.

SteveP
03-16-2014, 01:27 PM

Actually you're both wrong. Indiana hosted a BT tournament in suburban Indy years ago. Hoosiers, PSU, Illinois and can't remember the fourth team. Wasn't the Gophers ;)

Icers won it. I remember doing PxP on top of a locker room in a corner of one of the coldest barns I've ever been in!

The Rube
03-16-2014, 03:26 PM
Actually you're both wrong. Indiana hosted a BT tournament in suburban Indy years ago. Hoosiers, PSU, Illinois and can't remember the fourth team. Wasn't the Gophers ;)

Icers won it. I remember doing PxP on top of a locker room in a corner of one of the coldest barns I've ever been in!

Still doesn't count.

tArrogance

mnstate0fhockey
03-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Why are we talking about club hockey again?

Can't wait for this weekend. Should be a great tourney.

captain beefheart
03-16-2014, 04:11 PM
Bracket is out.
Minnesota is the night game of the Friday Semifinals, Wisconsin play the afternoon game.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/031514aaa.html

Only a Gopher fan would start a thread about something that they are/were/will be involved in.:rolleyes: Signed, Jan. P.S. May we borrow some of your fans for OUR tournament? :eek:

SteveP
03-16-2014, 04:36 PM
Still doesn't count.

tArrogance

Why are we talking about club hockey again?

Can't wait for this weekend. Should be a great tourney.

'Cause it's fun yanking your chains. :p ;)

Spartanforlife4
03-16-2014, 04:44 PM
It's a long shot but we're going to try to take the Triple Crown for the Big Ten post-season games. Since this isn't in Indianapolis that probably means we'll get bounced Thursday.

klbaum1077
03-16-2014, 07:22 PM
I am flying in on Wednesday looking forward to watching some great hockey.

SanTropez
03-17-2014, 11:03 AM
The other thread must have been deleted or I hallucinated the whole thing.

Looking forward to this tourney.

Steve_MN
03-17-2014, 11:33 AM
The other thread must have been deleted or I hallucinated the whole thing.

Looking forward to this tourney.
I posted in the other thread with a link to this, so I'm guessing it was deleted ;)

Steve_MN
03-17-2014, 11:34 AM
I am flying in on Wednesday looking forward to watching some great hockey.
Should be some good hockey, and there will definitely be good tailgating going on (see Brenthoven's post #2 in the thread)

firstpusk
03-17-2014, 11:38 AM
I posted in the other thread with a link to this, so I'm guessing it was deleted ;)

Reason enough. What caused SanTropez to hallucinate?;)

Gurtholfin
03-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Green arrow.

MavHockey14
03-17-2014, 12:05 PM

Some tips:
Not sure if any of the crew from Minneapolis is going to try and make it over at all, but if they do, I'd consider it. Not as accessible this year, unfortunately.