2014 Inaugural Big Ten Hockey Tournament 3/20 - 3/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UnWanted22 View Post
    This looks like just Gopher Fans are going....Any other fans attending?

Go Bucky!!!!
    I'll be there!

I fully expect the place to be overrun by fans of the Gophers.

Comment

Re: 2014 Inaugural Big Ten Hockey Tournament 3/20 - 3/22

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
      I'll be there!

As is our right, and custom.

Can it be Thursday yet?!
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

My first impression of the tourney is that everything goes chalk.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Story on the B1G tourney in today's Pioneer Press.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...le-elimination
          Originally posted by CavalryNate
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
            I'll be there!

I hope you guys have a good turnout too because you can be pretty sure that tOSU, PSU, and MSU will not bring many fans at all and Michigan will be minimal compared to Gopher and BADger fans. As much as it pains me to say it, this tournament is going to need a good turnout of BADger fans to make the atmosphere anything at all.
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
              I hope you guys have a good turnout too because you can be pretty sure that tOSU, PSU, and MSU will not bring many fans at all and Michigan will be minimal compared to Gopher and BADger fans. As much as it pains me to say it, this tournament is going to need a good turnout of BADger fans to make the atmosphere anything at all.

Unlikely that very many travel to attend. It will be up to those that live up there imo.

Hoops team is in Milwaukee this weekend. My guess is that any multi sport-Badger fans from around here go there or do as I am and have folks over to watch all the games.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Unlikely that very many travel to attend. It will be up to those that live up there imo.

Hoops team is in Milwaukee this weekend. My guess is that any multi sport-Badger fans from around here go there or do as I am and have folks over to watch all the games.
                Forgot about your hoops team...!

Luckily Gopher fans don't have to worry about that

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Forgot about your hoops team...!

Luckily Gopher fans don't have to worry about that

Yeah, I wish St. Paul was about 2 hours closer. I've gotten lazy and sedentary in my old(er) age.

I used to drive all over the place for games and concerts. No longer...

Comment

Yeah, it would be nice to see a lot of Badger fans, but I am not sure it's going to happen.

Wisconsin used to be one of the best traveling fan bases in the late 80's and early 90's. To the point where the WCHA FF had a pretty large sea of red in attendance, and every Badger game at Mariucci had a very strong contingent. Fast forward to the late 90's and with the resurgence of Badger Football and Basketball, coupled with a few off years for the puck squad, the number of fans showing up for hockey seemed to diminish. The last few years of the WCHA FF has been pretty thin and the UND fan base has been very noticeable.

Comment

It's pretty much going to be the Minneapolis Whioux and the St Paul Gophers this weekend. It'll be interesting to see if any local WCHAers still show up to the tailgate/NCHC since they weren't going to Grand Rapids for their tourney.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Well, maybe it's time to start the Gophers vs. Badgers inaugural Big 10 championship game thread, since all of those eastern sally's are not chiming in. Not to mention, that will be the Saturday night game, will it not?
                        You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
                          Well, maybe it's time to start the Gophers vs. Badgers inaugural Big 10 championship game thread, since all of those eastern sally's are not chiming in. Not to mention, that will be the Saturday night game, will it not?

Hopefully, but we'll have a tougher path to get there than you. Michigan (assuming) will be a challenge.

Comment

Hopefully, but we'll have a tougher path to get there than you. Michigan (assuming) will be a challenge.
                            True, and Michigan is playing really well right now, but we'll be facing a team in pure desperation mode regardless of whether we see OSU or MSU.
                            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Penn St(2-2 against Michigan this year) would like to speak to you.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Let me guess, the Michigan fans aren't posting in here because we were too mean in the game thread from last weekend? wussies

They need to grow a pair. I hope Penn State beats them for the 3rd time.

Comment

Working...
                                X