Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which two D-I teams win their Frozen Four semis on Friday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which two D-I teams win their Frozen Four semis on Friday?

Who moves on to duel in the championship?
    Minnesota, Clarkson
    73.81%
    Minnesota, Mercyhurst
    16.67%
    Wisconsin, Clarkson
    2.38%
    Wisconsin, Mercyhurst
    7.14%

The poll is expired.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    Stupid question here and probably in the wrong place but why doesn't the NCAA reseed after the quarters? Are they trying to remain consistent with the BB bracket?
    ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

Re: Which two D-I teams win their Frozen Four semis on Friday?

By KRACH

Semifinal Win Probabilities:

Minnesota - 82.5%
      Wisconsin - 17.5%
      Clarkson - 65.0%
      Mercyhurst - 35.0%

Final Win Probabilities:
      Minnesota - 74.8%
      Wisconsin - 11.8%
      Clarkson - 10.2%
      Mercyhurst - 3.3%

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
        Stupid question here and probably in the wrong place but why doesn't the NCAA reseed after the quarters? Are they trying to remain consistent with the BB bracket?
        None of the NCAA tourneys do
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

If they did, how could we run those big-money fill-out-your-womens-hockey-bracket office pools?

Comment

It's only a 3 win tourney, you have to beat the best to be the best.

Comment

My comfort or anxiety here hangs on the myStuff picks.
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                I've beat that rodentette drum all last week that no Eastern team had a chance against the rodentettes and I still feel that way after watching Hawvawd yesterday. The only team that has a chance is UW. If they play good transition D like they did yesterday, they have a chance. It will be interesting being at a neutral site with a vanilla atmosphere, just being down to what is deep inside every player motivationally.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  I've beat that rodentette drum all last week that no Eastern team had a chance against the rodentettes and I still feel that way after watching Hawvawd yesterday. The only team that has a chance is UW. If they play good transition D like they did yesterday, they have a chance. It will be interesting being at a neutral site with a vanilla atmosphere, just being down to what is deep inside every player motivationally.
                  How do you judge Clarkson and Mercyhurst by watching Harvard?
                  Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                    If they did, how could we run those big-money fill-out-your-womens-hockey-bracket office pools?
                    I almost did one of these haha. Only reason I didn't was because I've found that it's hard enough doing the men's version that I do with 16 teams; there aren't enough results to really differentiate people's brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                      My comfort or anxiety here hangs on the myStuff picks.
                      or the opposite of veritas picks.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        I almost did one of these haha. Only reason I didn't was because I've found that it's hard enough doing the men's version that I do with 16 teams; there aren't enough results to really differentiate people's brackets.
                        One solution: Have people also predict the scores, and then award a bonus point for correctly predicting each one.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          One solution: Have people also predict the scores, and then award a bonus point for correctly predicting each one.
                          Yeah that's what we do for the men's version and it BARELY works. I think we use goal differential instead actually but same idea.

Comment

http://www.ncaa.com/NCWomensIceHockey
                            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

With 31 out of 42 calling both games correctly, our prognosticators improved considerably in the second round.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                              X