Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason 2014: Nothing To Say

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    tJohnson's Jerseys nominates BGSU for booting MTU from the inaugural nWCHA playoffs and for all their discussion to secede from the nWCHA and reform the CCHA.

Ryan J
    if you're looking for a team that will be the source of endless achy-breaky heart, we're your guys.
    but the secede talk is nonsense. we merely want to bring Miami State and Western over from the dark side, and destroy the evil NCHC empire.

"Though battles have been lost, the Alliance still lives. We have not surrendered, we do not concede the stars. We will win back our birthright."
    Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 • SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
      ...we merely want to bring Miami State and Western over from the dark side, and destroy the evil NCHC empire.
      A noble cause - there is still good in them, I feel it.
      I'm much more willing to accept a former CCHA into the nWCHA than readmit a former oWCHA team.
      Ryan J
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        A noble cause - there is still good in them, I feel it.
        I'm much more willing to accept a former CCHA into the nWCHA than readmit a former oWCHA team.
        Ryan J
        I'd love to see Duluth come back.

We can't have our noses too high fellas... Bit hypocritical of us from Houghton.
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Bemidji and Mankato to the NCHC - puts all the MN teams except UMTC back together with UND in an easy busing situation, and the CO schools become your only flights.

Western and Miami to the WCHA - Sure, there's the double Alaska trip once every four years, but they still get to go back to something of a bus league, with MAC rival BG, each other, Ferris, and da Yoop all obvious bus trips (and UAH probably a bus trip for at least Miami).

I consider this basically a done deal, and give it about 3-5 years. By then, the Wings new barn will be open, and the league has its new over-sized, centralized tourney site for Robertson to pursue his delusions of grandeur. Move the league offices back to Farmington Hills, and boom, done.
          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 08-28-2014, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            So did you guys watch Fargo (TV Series, not movie) and just root for EVERYONE to die?
            No comment.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

if Western and Miami hadn't gone along with this new league nonsense there probably wouldn't be a new league. no way we let them back in. Air Force and Army for me.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Will Pietila play center or go back to left wing with the new guys in the fold.

What a lineup,

Heinonen Kero Petan
                Johnstone Pietila Sturos
                Gillies. E. Anderson L'Esperance
                Eick Neville Gould

Watson. Hanna
                Auk Sweeney
                Leibinger Birks

Travelers
                Vallis
                Roy

Comment

Because as an ex-Bull editor, I had to jump onto the trend:

http://tinyurl.com/p8e5kr7

EDIT: Third time's the charm, just blow it up to make it readable. And yes, I know I misspelled "Judgmental" on the map itself. Sue me.
                  Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 08-29-2014, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Because as an ex-Bull editor, I had to jump onto the trend:http://tinyurl.com/p8e5kr7

EDIT: Third time's the charm, just blow it up to make it readable. And yes, I know I misspelled "Judgmental" on the map itself. Sue me.
                    Like the map but the resolution is poor to blow it up for reading.

Comment

I click on it and it doesn't do anything. Can't even zoom into it on my phone.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                        Like the map but the resolution is poor to blow it up for reading.
                        You need to blow it up twice to get the full-size version. Find the magnifying glass link again in the lower right.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        I click on it and it doesn't do anything. Can't even zoom into it on my phone.
                        Caveat: Did not test on mobile devices prior to release.

EDIT: Hell with it, try this link instead http://i.imgur.com/EpVYTzY.jpg

Confirmed, Photobucket sucks now
                        Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 08-30-2014, 08:53 AM.

Comment

QUOTE=FadeToBlack&Gold;5993945]You need to blow it up twice to get the full-size version. Find the magnifying glass link again in the lower right.
                          Caveat: Did not test on mobile devices prior to release.
                          EDIT: Hell with it, try this link instead http://i.imgur.com/EpVYTzY.jpg
                          Confirmed, Photobucket sucks now[/QUOTE]

Much better

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                            I would have expected Cope to come to Tech this year, but we've had a surge in new recruit talent and the competition has been pretty stiff. Cope would probably have been coming to college this season if he had committed to most other WCHA programs. Normally, a guy like Cope would be looking to move back to the BC or to the USHL after a strong OJ season, but these leagues have quotas for how many older players they can roster. Could be that the NAHL was the best league he good get a slot in due to his age. If he plays at the Soo, Mel & Co. can more easily monitor his progress.
                            Cope might not be on campus this season, but as of this weekend he IS in the collection and I'll be ready to cheer him on when he arrives.

Ryan J
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              if Western and Miami hadn't gone along with this new league nonsense there probably wouldn't be a new league. no way we let them back in. Air Force and Army for me.
                              Even though Air Force started this whole mess?

(think about it)
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It's one thing to say you are an up and coming program, but you have to start winning more than you lose at some point or you are not up and coming any more.

And shirtless, for us to win the comparison vs michigan we have to win 2 of the three games, correct?

If I was to pick a team to dislike, it would be Ferris. I think they indulge in a lot of grabbing, holding, slashing, etc that is less than wonderful. Although I hate t e BG system, I kind of like coach Bergeron.
                                Last edited by manurespreader; 09-02-2014, 02:37 PM.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X