Michigan Tech Offseason 2014: Nothing To Say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason 2014: Nothing To Say

Sounds like the list of candidates for the assistant job is pretty lengthy and impressive. Mel and Billy probably looking to name someone towards the end of June.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Sounds like the list of candidates for the assistant job is pretty lengthy and impressive. Mel and Billy probably looking to name someone towards the end of June.
      Based on what?
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Based on what?
        http://www.mininggazette.com/page/co...assistant.html

Comment

Thanks redwing, I am on mobile right now, so copying and pasting links is a bit of a PITA.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
            Chrome has UP connections
            had no idea until I saw the Tech sign then googled the owners. very cool.
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I found this quote from the article interesting:
              "Pearson said there were no candidates for the job who formerly played at Michigan Tech..."
              So we can scratch Ellsworth, Shelast, Russell, etc at this point.

I'm sure many people are being considered for the job in confidence, but it would have been neat to know who they had to choose from when the decision is ultimately made.

Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                one of the owners - the quiet one - has a degree from MTU!
                While I don't disagree with his opinion, I wish he hadn't stated it at that time and in that manner. Came across as a sore loser to me. I can't say I understand how a horse running three races in five weeks could be at huge a disadvantage, but I guess if the 9th place seed in the Western Conference got a bye to the Stanley Cup Final I might have an issue with that as well.

Ryan J
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  While I don't disagree with his opinion, I wish he hadn't stated it at that time and in that manner. Came across as a sore loser to me. I can't say I understand how a horse running three races in five weeks could be at huge a disadvantage, but I guess if the 9th place seed in the Western Conference got a bye to the Stanley Cup Final I might have an issue with that as well.

Ryan J
                  that owner was not the one with the MTU connections. whew!
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Another off-season article from the Mining Gazette - Mel will continue to follow the Gentleman's Agreement for recruiting.

Recruiting with restraint
                    http://www.mininggazette.com/page/co....html?nav=5009

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                      Another off-season article from the Mining Gazette - Mel will continue to follow the Gentleman's Agreement for recruiting.

Recruiting with restraint
                      http://www.mininggazette.com/page/co....html?nav=5009
                      I agree with Mel that signing a LOI should be moved up a year to avoid uncertainty. At the same time, I don't see any benefit to making a team policy statement on an unwritten rule in the first place (unless, I guess, it's to bring the conflict to the further attention of the NCAA.)
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        I agree with Mel that signing a LOI should be moved up a year to avoid uncertainty.
                        They won't make that change without D1A football and bouncyball's request/approval to make it an NCAA-wide change. Which means it's not happening, so forget it.

Comment

They won't make that change without D1A football and bouncyball's request/approval to make it an NCAA-wide change. Which means it's not happening, so forget it.
                          I don't know what would be more difficult, getting a special rule for hockey or getting the wholesale change NCAA wide...neither seems likely. I could certainly see hockey pushing for a change in the rule for hockey using the MJ pressure as the reason.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Looks like the Gazette has decided to end free access in favor of a pay-to-read model. Good luck with that, I'll be getting my news elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              Looks like the Gazette has decided to end free access in favor of a pay-to-read model. Good luck with that, I'll be getting my news elsewhere.
                              Yep, that was announced on Twatter this past Monday. Whichever media conglomerate owns all the UP papers switched the electronic versions over to subscription model effective this morning.

Comment

Yep, that was announced on Twatter this past Monday. Whichever media conglomerate owns all the UP papers switched the electronic versions over to subscription model effective this morning.
                                Good Luck with that.

The NCAA should simply allow signing at any time during the year. Maybe regardless of age as well. This has been brought up a few times by the football coaches.

Comment

Working...
                                X