Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wednesday NCAA Hockey - The Road to Lewiston begins - and that's no snow job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday NCAA Hockey - The Road to Lewiston begins - and that's no snow job!

Here we go. 11 days 10 games and 1 champion. Who will it be?

Tonight's games (weather permitting) are:

Bowdoin (NESCAC) @ Oswego (SUNYAC)
    Nichols (ECAC-NE) @ Geneseo (Pool C)
    Salem St (MASCAC) @ Norwich (Pool C)

All games go off at 7 PM. The vid links are here: http://d3hockey.com/seasons/men/2013...board/schedule

BTW, this is the last year of the Wednesday night 1st round. Due to the location of the next championships, I've heard that the ice hockey will be contested over 3 weekends.

Bonne chance to all the participants.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: Wednesday NCAA Hockey - The Road to Lewiston begins - and that's no snow job!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Here we go. 11 days 10 games and 1 champion. Who will it be?

Tonight's games (weather permitting) are:

Bowdoin (NESCAC) @ Oswego (SUNYAC)
    Nichols (ECAC-NE) @ Geneseo (Pool C)
    Salem St (MASCAC) @ Norwich (Pool C)

All games go off at 7 PM. The vid links are here: http://d3hockey.com/seasons/men/2013...board/schedule

I'll be watching Norwich & Oswego games (2 different computers).

Bonne chance to all the participants.
    Guess I'll post it here too:

My predictions for tonight:

Bowdoin:4 Oswego:3 (OT)
    Norwich:4 Salem State:1
    Geneseo:5 Nichols:3

I've got a bad feeling about the Oswego game tonight. I could be (hope) I'm wrong...but just a bad feeling.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: Wednesday NCAA Hockey - The Road to Lewiston begins - and that's no snow job!

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

I've got a bad feeling about the Oswego game tonight. I could be (hope) I'm wrong...but just a bad feeling.
      D^2 - your game will have a wider margin I'm thinking. And the D-III world needs to know - did George make it to the rink??
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

What you should have a bad feeling about is how Norwich backed it's way into the tournament and then got Salem St. as their opponent.
        Last edited by snc1; 03-12-2014, 02:44 PM.

Comment

The Geneseo vs. Nichols game is now postponed until tomorrow night. Wonder if any other games will be similarly affected.
          #OneKnight

Comment

Oswego v bowdoin postponed to thursday, time tbd...
            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by snc1 View Post
              What you should have a bad feeling about is how Norwich backed it's way into the tournament and then got Salem St. as their opponent.
              It was Geneseo that backed in as far as I can tell.
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Was looking at the web cams from Norwich. There's a lot of snow coming down!
                http://www.norwich.edu/about/map/webcams.html
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Oswego v Bowdoin will be played 3pm Thursday
                  LakerEagleLover

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    It was Geneseo that backed in as far as I can tell.
                    How? they win all the criteria except SOS over Norwich, please explain your reasoning.
                    http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Just passing this along as I hear it.....there is some noise in Oz that the game may be moved up to 1PM from 3pm....so Bowdoin can catch a flight from Syracuse...

Last I checked they are under 500 miles....I am not the expert here, so I will defer to the more educated in the NCAA tournament rules....discuss amongst us all...
                      LakerEagleLover

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                        Just passing this along as I hear it.....there is some noise in Oz that the game may be moved up to 1PM from 3pm....so Bowdoin can catch a flight from Syracuse...

Last I checked they are under 500 miles....I am not the expert here, so I will defer to the more educated in the NCAA tournament rules....discuss amongst us all...
                        The NC$$ pays for the cost of a bus trip, the school can opt to pay the difference for a flight, I believe.

EDIT: NCAA, not School
                        Last edited by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh; 03-12-2014, 04:51 PM.
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                          How? they win all the criteria except SOS over Norwich, please explain your reasoning.
                          Being somewhat provocative, but there is evidence to back this up, too.

Norwich beats Trinity in every category except WIN (and possibly RNK which was even, although there is evidence that Williams fell out of RNK and was replaced by Amherst which would give Norwich a strong edge over Trinity in that category, too), and the only category that Geneseo beat Trinity in was RNK. Thus, Trinity could be viewed as in before Geneseo, and shouldn't have beaten Norwich out. That means that Geneso was the team that slid in, not Norwich.

Comparing Norwich and Gen gives a whole bunch of comparisons that are essentially equal and one (SOS) in which Norwich has a big advantage. The committee doesn't just count comparisons, but weights them based on (among other things) the size of the differential.
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Oswego v Bowdoin reconfirmed for 3pm puck drop tomorrow.
                            LakerEagleLover

Comment

NSN is up with the Salem - Norwich game. Looks like a women's crowd (sad to say - on both counts).
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X