• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowling Green vs. Michigan Tech

Should be a good series!

Go BG! Beat the Huskies!

Re: Bowling Green vs. Michigan Tech

I just hope we can continue the regular season success. Really really wish I didn't have two cutovers for work this weekend... Otherwise I'd be making the trip. 3 new arenas in one year would have been swell...
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

This is the 4th year in a row that BGSU has played a U.P. team to start the playoffs. NMU in 2011 and 2012 and LSSU last year. Only difference this year is that Bowling Green is at home.
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

oh here is the thread, congratulations to the Falcons on sweeping Michigan Tech, you were the better team and deserve the Final 4ive spot, now to your fan base...go to hell if you're all like Freddie.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          oh here is the thread, congratulations to the Falcons on sweeping Michigan Tech, you were the better team and deserve the Final 4ive spot, now to your fan base...go to hell if you're all like Freddie.
          I suggest that you go back and reread some of his earlier posts. They were all complimentary as well as advise where to eat, etc. On reading his last post before he was attacked, I can understand where he was coming from. Many of you are not gracious losers, to say the least.

Your program has come a long way in 3 years. Hell, it's taken us 4 years to get where we're at and we're thrilled! Rome wasn't built in a day. It takes 5 years before a coach is playing all of his own recruits and that, in my mind, is when you will definitively know whether or not your program has arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
            I suggest that you go back and reread some of his earlier posts. They were all complimentary as well as advise where to eat, etc. On reading his last post before he was attacked, I can understand where he was coming from. Many of you are not gracious losers, to say the least.

Your program has come a long way in 3 years. Hell, it's taken us 4 years to get where we're at and we're thrilled! Rome wasn't built in a day. It takes 5 years before a coach is playing all of his own recruits and that, in my mind, is when you will definitively know whether or not your program has arrived.
            Not gracious losers in our own thread? We're talking about how disappointed we are on the whole season and the BGSU sweep was just the end. We are ****ed off and frustrated with not seeing the improvement we wanted. Let us wallow, no need to get ****ed off that you're season isn't over yet.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

we aren't, so relax. sheesh.
              but thanks for the congrats.
              Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

None of our complaints had anything to do with BGSU, for any of you to think it did is very JBSUish.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Not gracious losers in our own thread? We're talking about how disappointed we are on the whole season and the BGSU sweep was just the end. We are ****ed off and frustrated with not seeing the improvement we wanted. Let us wallow, no need to get ****ed off that you're season isn't over yet.
                  Wallow away. Until next season I bid you adieu.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    None of our complaints had anything to do with BGSU, for any of you to think it did is very JBSUish.
                    Marsha, Marsha, Marsha.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
                      Marsha, Marsha, Marsha.
                      I think we have found the WCHA's new Jan.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Freddie, I appreciate the post and also apologize for over reacting. I feel like we Tech Fans would have reacted differently and posted more respectful posts to how well BGSU played if it had not been the end of a disappointing season, we were all just posting about how disappointed we were in how the team didn't really seem like it improved from last year as a whole. Getting swept was just the final blow in all of that.

PS why don't you guys have a season thread for BGSU?
                        Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 03-20-2014, 10:38 AM.

Comment

hey, thanks for posting that. hope everything is cool again between Tech-BG fans. sorry to hear you're losing Copley.

BG fans mostly hang out over at ay-ziggy-zoomba, but we lurk around here a bit.
                          Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Freddie, I appreciate the post and also apologize for over reacting. I feel like we Tech Fans would have reacted differently and posted more respectful posts to how well BGSU played if it had not been the end of a disappointing season, we were all just posting about how disappointed we were in how the team didn't really seem like it improved from last year as a whole. Getting swept was just the final blow in all of that.

Primarily because we have a sports board with a hockey forum where we discuss the ups and downs of our team. On top of that, prior to this year, there just weren't that many of us that posted over here. (A little success has brought a few out, I guess.) Some of us trolled the threads and would post here and there but not often. (Someone actually created one last year but it didn't gain much traction.) Hopefully we'll see more posters over here if the team continues to improve.
                            Last edited by BGFan; 03-20-2014, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X