Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Michigan: 3/14 3/15...Only Need Two

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Seriously, it's like the CCHAers (formerly) have no clue to how things work.

1. MN dictates what is discussed.
    2. In a broader spectrum, the west is the best and dictates what is discussed.
    3. Hey....MI schools (and PSU/OSU, like you really matter)...know your enemy before you spout off. Learn the ways of the west.
    4. tArrogance (had to be said)
    5. If you can't abide by this, get the * outta here. We don't need you.*

*Truthfully, we don't need ANYone, but if we have to have someone...might as well be conference foes.
    So this is a hockey board, one would expect to talk hockey.

But threads seem to be more about insults and patting each other (where, you can decide). As if the posters have any influence on the games, or as if posters gain or lose something based on the outcome. I hate to break it to you- nothing changes based on the outcome.

If I say we are better than you because we have 9 NC's, you will naturally come back that it's been 16 years since our last, and that you've gotten two since then. bla bla bla. And at the end of that agurment, we boths still have the same job, the same significant other (or not), and the same prospect of some kind of betterment as before the argument and before the game.

If something bad or good happens in the game- you didn't make it happen anymore than I did. Take credit or place blame all you want- none of us are lacing up skates.

But if you feel better bantering among yourselves, ok. You don't need us, and we don't want to be here- win, win.

have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

But threads seem to be more about insults and patting each other (where, you can decide). As if the posters have any influence on the games, or as if posters gain or lose something based on the outcome. I hate to break it to you- nothing changes based on the outcome.

If I say we are better than you because we have 9 NC's, you will naturally come back that it's been 16 years since our last, and that you've gotten two since then. bla bla bla. And at the end of that agurment, we boths still have the same job, the same significant other (or not), and the same prospect of some kind of betterment as before the argument and before the game.

If something bad or good happens in the game- you didn't make it happen anymore than I did. Take credit or place blame all you want- none of us are lacing up skates.

But if you feel better bantering among yourselves, ok. You don't need us, and we don't want to be here- win, win.

have fun.
      It's Thursday - hockey talk day...not whine like a little spoiled child day. That is every day on the SCSU threads.
      "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

have fun.
        Who pizzed in your cheerios?

You Michigan fans are a surly bunch.

Comment

If I say we are better than you because we have 9 NC's, you will naturally come back that it's been 16 years since our last, and that you've gotten two since then. bla bla bla.

You forgot the part where you guys were offering scholarships to Canadians and the rest weren't for most of those titles... or something like that.

Just trying to help out.

Comment

So.... now that it's Thursday, has anyone heard anything on Warning, either what the injury itself was, or if he'll be playing this weekend? From what tDon said at the radio show Monday night, they were going to watch during practice this week to see if he'd be playing or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
              So.... now that it's Thursday, has anyone heard anything on Warning, either what the injury itself was, or if he'll be playing this weekend? From what tDon said at the radio show Monday night, they were going to watch during practice this week to see if he'd be playing or not.
              I have not heard anything, which probably means it's not going to be good news.

As for the series, I could see MN coming out strong on Friday night, winning the game and the conference, and then just mailing it in on Saturday since the game won't matter one bit.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

have fun.
                For all the complaining about hockey talk, have you actually mentioned anything about it other than whining about it? You may get some bites on it, you never know. But you definitely won't now with your "take our ugly helmets and go home" attitude. You point out bantering does nothing to impact the series since none of us lace up and take the ice, but obviously neither does breaking down starting goalies or how many MI players will get game misconducts.

You don't want to participate in banter, fine. It's all in fun and shouldn't be taken too seriously. Look at all the bucky fans here and no one takes then seriously. (see, that's how it's done. Any bucky fan offended by that probably doesn't hang out here mutch anyways.) But now you will obviously be the source of ridicule for this post for quite some time. Enjoy.
                Last edited by Tiggsy; 03-13-2014, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
                  Hey, at least the ugly-hats have a name and might prove to be marginally educable.
                  I bet if I knew what educable meant I would be offended by that. Thanks once again blissful ignorance!
                  I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Comment

It's Thursday - hockey talk day...not whine like a little spoiled child day. That is every day on the SCSU threads.
                    Makes me feel right at home though.
                    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

• Re: Minnesota @ Michigan: 3/14 3/15...Only Need Two

I heard Warning was skating fine in practice on Wednesday, but tDon would make a decision about whether he was playing or not later.

I hope he is in the lineup, that just gives us more speed and scoring ability throughout the lineup.
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        I have not heard anything, which probably means it's not going to be good news.

As for the series, I could see MN coming out strong on Friday night, winning the game and the conference, and then just mailing it in on Saturday since the game won't matter one bit.
                        Certainly hope he's doing good. And I have to disagree in part about Saturday. While I agree that if they win on Friday, some of the urgency will be gone, they're still playing to lock up the #1 seed in the NCAA tournament.

B1G tournament tailgate, T minus 7 days and counting.

Comment

Originally posted by Brick Tamland View Post
                          I bet if I knew what educable meant I would be offended by that. Thanks once again blissful ignorance!
                          If you're happy, we're happy. I know you are happy you aren't Happy.

Comment

I was out of town last weekend and only got to watch bits and pieces of the Saturday game.....when and how did Warning get hurt?
                            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

If I say we are better than you because we have 9 NC's...
                              Being from the Iron Range, we feel at least 4.5 of those should be credited to Eveleth not Michigan.

Comment

If you're happy, we're happy. I know you are happy you aren't Happy.
                                Indeed. I doubt Happy is even happy about being Happy.
                                I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Comment

Working...
                                X