PDA

View Full Version : RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

AspyDad
04-16-2014, 03:51 PM
I believe that Ghost signed an ATO for the remainder of this year (http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php). His ELC will start next year. Haggs signed an ELC which the 1st year will be burned this year thus allowing him to reach RFA 1 year earlier.

I'll see you at the banquet. This year I will not be doing my regular talk about my dislike for Paul Stewart but will be doing it on the ankle biters that now frequent this thread. Yes, I will be naming names.

Ralph Baer
04-16-2014, 04:09 PM
I'll see you at the banquet. This year I will not be doing my regular talk about my dislike for Paul Stewart but will be doing it on the ankle biters that now frequent this thread. Yes, I will be naming names.

Will RPI-TV be streaming the event? ;)

FlagDUDE08
04-16-2014, 05:00 PM
This guy!!!!

I'd only buy it for bonfire purposes. And even then, it wouldn't be bought. ;)

FlagDUDE08
04-16-2014, 05:01 PM

Too bad I'm going to miss it; I'd be quite flattered to hear you complain about me. :D

Ralph Baer
04-16-2014, 05:48 PM
(excuse me RB, I honor what you do). You honor what Rick Bennett does? :eek: Don't let #17 hear that. :D

DeepRed72
04-16-2014, 06:22 PM
I promised not to post but I can't help myself. Really..really. I'm not ragging on the previous coach but you don't think that was a dark period. Here's a few for you to ponder. NCAA berth, RPI players playing significant time in the NHL (Pirri and JDA), better recruits coming in, upgrades to HFH. Shirley actually interested in the program where she would put capital investment into it. I am an apologist for MGC but you guys are getting on my nerves. You and others need to realize that while things are not perfect, they are better. This whole thread has turned into a cluster fark (excuse me RB, I honor what you do).

We obviously have very different measuring sticks and expectations. If you are happy going from a D+ to a C- and calling that progress then so be it. I am shooting for an A. If I am one of your so-called ankle biters then at least you are getting the message that there are quite a few of us that suffer with this team and want to see improvements in our lifetime and not a team that periodically gets to the National stage only to slip back like Sisyphus. If you are going to mention me at the dinner speech at least convey why we are unhappy. By the way we do agree on one thing - Paul Stewart:(

Wicked Slappaahs
04-16-2014, 09:19 PM
It was his job to give out the trophy immediately at the conclusion of the championship game, at the site where the championship game was played.

He would have given it to the Gophers if they'd won the game and he wouldn't have had to travel one foot farther than the distance he traveled to give it to Union.
Amen Waite. But don't confuse him (further) with facts .,,,

Wicked Slappaahs
04-16-2014, 09:21 PM

Please be sure to pronounce mine correctly. ....haaaa. Kidding !

Wicked Slappaahs
04-16-2014, 09:22 PM
Please be sure to pronounce mine correctly. ....haaaa. Kidding !

When the heck is the banquet ? God forbid they invite a long standing season ticket holder ....

Beman
04-16-2014, 11:12 PM
I promised not to post but I can't help myself. Really..really. I'm not ragging on the previous coach but you don't think that was a dark period. Here's a few for you to ponder. NCAA berth, RPI players playing significant time in the NHL (Pirri and JDA), better recruits coming in, upgrades to HFH. Shirley actually interested in the program where she would put capital investment into it. I am an apologist for MGC but you guys are getting on my nerves. You and others need to realize that while things are not perfect, they are better. This whole thread has turned into a cluster fark (excuse me RB, I honor what you do).

Please Fridg never had the bullets Shirley gave Appert. Why did Pirri and JDA leave? They had no faith in Appert. Monty leaves they leave! You think that if Ryan thought that RPI could make a run next year he would have left. I am sure he is looking forward to to getting the sh@& kicked out of him in the AHL next year. Another year of ECAC hockey or a 30 year old pounding you head into the glass? Mike Zale leaving is just as disturbing or more.
The players think Seth is a d....bottle. They may be right.

Beman
04-16-2014, 11:27 PM
Really? Based upon his salary and record, he must rank up there against all Div 1 coaches in compensation per win.
I know that he has been confronted on this little stat and he thinks its funny. "Hey they have to buy me out" he is so full of himself. After all he was the third string goalie at ferris state.
You go Shirley!!!! Another day older and deeper in debt. The hockey program is a microcasm of the tute.

Ralph Baer
04-17-2014, 01:42 AM
Today is 17 April 2014. There are 170 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.

Ralph Baer
04-17-2014, 01:43 AM
When the heck is the banquet ? God forbid they invite a long standing season ticket holder ....

4/26 http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/2014/4/3/MHOCK_0403141300.aspx

FreshFish
04-17-2014, 07:44 AM
Today is 17 April 2014. There are 170 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.

fyp

Ralph Baer
04-17-2014, 07:49 AM
fyp

:o

AspyDad
04-17-2014, 08:19 AM
Please Fridg never had the bullets Shirley gave Appert. Why did Pirri and JDA leave? They had no faith in Appert. Monty leaves they leave! You think that if Ryan thought that RPI could make a run next year he would have left. I am sure he is looking forward to to getting the sh@& kicked out of him in the AHL next year. Another year of ECAC hockey or a 30 year old pounding you head into the glass? Mike Zale leaving is just as disturbing or more.
The players think Seth is a d....bottle. They may be right.

Like Dan a lot..big time gentleman but he never sold the program. Appert has and continues to. Haggs will play in Conn. close to home. Z played for Canucks this year and if he doesn't will play for the Comets in Utica. factors in decision.

AspyDad
04-17-2014, 08:21 AM
[QUOTE=Beman;5947474]I know that he has been confronted on this little stat and he thinks its funny. "Hey they have to buy me out" he is so full of himself. /QUOTE]

This is crap. Attribute the quote. Third hand, second hand stuff you might get at the Notty Pine doesn't count.

AspyDad
04-17-2014, 08:22 AM

I formally invite you to sit with troyboy and me.

fr. joe
04-17-2014, 09:11 AM
I formally invite you to sit with troyboy and me.

WS, take him up on it! I enjoyed the banquet last year with Aspy and troyboy. Good company, good food, our players, parents, staff and some families. Nice night. I have a little fundraiser for our parish school that night so I can't be there but I am looking forward to coming again soon.

hockeymascot
04-17-2014, 09:41 AM
Like Dan a lot..big time gentleman but he never sold the program.

Speaking of crap!