PDA

View Full Version : RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

ibanezist00
04-13-2014, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't know; I grew up in an only child setting.

Well-thought-out response. :rolleyes:

johnk
04-13-2014, 07:09 PM
I wouldn't know; I grew up in an only child setting.

Smart parents. They saw the future and decided to stop!!

sk8tronthepond
04-13-2014, 08:42 PM
Personally I feel that Mat Bodie has paid his debt and appears to be basically a good kid who got carried away. OTOH IMHO Bennett still has a lot of explaining to do.

Why? Because you NEED to know everything?

FlagDUDE08
04-13-2014, 09:10 PM

I never said anything about half-siblings. ;)

Jasma
04-13-2014, 09:16 PM

Good call.

ibanezist00
04-13-2014, 11:21 PM
AOTE=sk8tronthepond;5945789]Why? Because you NEED to know everything?[/QUOTE]

You know if this situation were reversed, and it were Appert the guilty party instead, you and your ilk would be saying the same things and probably calling for his head.

hab
04-14-2014, 12:19 AM
Why? Because you NEED to know everything?

No, because anyone who cares about the integrity of the game needs to know just a little bit about why a coach of a respected team can flip out.

vizoroo
04-14-2014, 01:26 AM
Personally I feel that Mat Bodie has paid his debt and appears to be basically a good kid who got carried away. OTOH IMHO Bennett still has a lot of explaining to do.

I agree with you Ralph. Rival or not Bennett's actions were totally unacceptable. As I recall he was angry because Appert didn't hold his players on the bench at game end, And that is the rule. Don't believe he did that last night
Coach of the Year doesn't have character factor like the Hobey does. Maybe it should.

Western spin--Think most would agree that Union outplayed Minni. Personally I was glad to see them beat the gophers. tArrogance has become both tedious and irritating.

Ralph Baer
04-14-2014, 04:31 AM
Today is 14 April 2014. There are 173 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.

sk8tronthepond
04-14-2014, 08:44 AM
No, because anyone who cares about the integrity of the game needs to know just a little bit about why a coach of a respected team can flip out.

Well, I respectfully disagree with you. You can want to know why, Ralph wants to know why, I would like to know why, however, he does not need to explain himself in my opinion......and we are all entitled to our opinions.

sk8tronthepond
04-14-2014, 08:47 AM
You know if this situation were reversed, and it were Appert the guilty party instead, you and your ilk would be saying the same things and probably calling for his head.

First of all, with regards to this situation, I hardly think it would be healthy for SA to be going after RB. Secondly, I (or my "Ilk") am not calling for Appert's head, there are enough of "you" already doing that.

jericho
04-14-2014, 08:54 AM
Just want to say, and this is the last time I'm bringing this up, but the way Union "fans" are trying to flame others without having a basic knowledge of what they're talking about is very comical.

Ralph Baer
04-14-2014, 08:58 AM
I agree with you Ralph. Rival or not Bennett's actions were totally unacceptable. As I recall he was angry because Appert didn't hold his players on the bench at game end, And that is the rule. Don't believe he did that last night
Coach of the Year doesn't have character factor like the Hobey does. Maybe it should. If that were the indeed reason, Bennett was expecting SA to anticipate a series of events that SA couldn't have predicted. Players stream onto the ice to celebrate victories all of the time especially for victories that are deemed important and this was because it had been ages since we beat UC. It is the expected thing. SA couldn't have predicted Bodie's actions and especially that an incident was to occur in the players' path.

OTOH, Bennett went clear across the ice.

Ralph Baer
04-14-2014, 09:00 AM
Well, I respectfully disagree with you. You can want to know why, Ralph wants to know why, I would like to know why, however, he does not need to explain himself in my opinion......and we are all entitled to our opinions. The rules don't say he has to explain himself -- certainly not to me, and I am sure that he doesn't care how I feel, but unless he does I will not alter my opinion. :)

Ralph Baer
04-14-2014, 09:01 AM
First of all, with regards to this situation, I hardly think it would be healthy for SA to be going after RB. Secondly, I (or my "Ilk") am not calling for Appert's head, there are enough of "you" already doing that. Assuming that you mean Bennett and not me. He would have no trouble getting the better of me. :D

sk8tronthepond
04-14-2014, 09:04 AM
Coach of the Year doesn't have character factor like the Hobey does. Maybe it should.

Western spin--Think most would agree that Union outplayed Minni. Personally I was glad to see them beat the gophers. tArrogance has become both tedious and irritating.

I never said his actions were acceptable, as a matter of fact, I agree with you that they were unacceptable. I am referring to whether or not he has to disclose the reasons he did what he did. It is my opinion that he does not have to disclose that.

sk8tronthepond
04-14-2014, 09:06 AM
Assuming that you mean Bennett and not me. He would have no trouble getting the better of me. :D

Good one Ralph! My comment to you was more generalized than personal.

engineerhockeyfan
04-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Well, I respectfully disagree with you. You can want to know why, Ralph wants to know why, I would like to know why, however, he does not need to explain himself in my opinion......and we are all entitled to our opinions.

He doesn't need to explain himself, Union needs to explain their actions. Even great coaches have been let go for hitting players in the past and throwing punches at an opposing coach and actually hitting an opposing player is not acceptable in college sports.
And yet, he is still coaching at Union. Why???
I congratulate the Union team for their accomplishment, and they evidently have a great coach who led them to the top. But does that give him the right to physically attack the opposition??? I think not.

DavidSec17
04-14-2014, 09:43 AM
He doesn't need to explain himself, Union needs to explain their actions. Even great coaches have been let go for hitting players in the past and throwing punches at an opposing coach and actually hitting an opposing player is not acceptable in college sports.
And yet, he is still coaching at Union. Why???
I congratulate the Union team for their accomplishment, and they evidently have a great coach who led them to the top. But does that give him the right to physically attack the opposition??? I think not.

And of course his actions and suspension were never mentioned during the ESPN telecasts. Oh well . At this point I'm more worried about the state of RPI hockey and how the school and or Appert plan to get this program going in the right direction.

Ralph Baer
04-14-2014, 10:11 AM
My comment to you was more generalized than personal.

I realize that.