PDA

View Full Version : RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

turk181
04-12-2014, 03:53 PM
Seth Appert ‏@SethAppert 1h
Good luck to @zalews73 on his NHL debut tonight - very proud of you

Jasma
04-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Union home is Oct 31/Away Nov 1.

That makes sense. It also would be nice to have a home series new year!s weekend. Though, with 20 of 36 games away from Houston, there will still be one or two long stretches without a home game..

I have heard that the league may be looking at the Harvard scheduling break for the Beanpot. It may still be a year or two away, but that could go by the boards soon. It has not improved Harvard' performance in that event and it certainly screws up the ecac schedule. The bean pot ain't what it used to be; at least outside of route 128.

Jasma
04-12-2014, 05:39 PM
With our depleted roster, this is going to be a very difficult season.
Throw in league games against Union, Quinnipiac, Yale and Colgate and it will be tough just to stay above .500.
With all the disappointments the last couple of seasons, Maybe we will have a surprise to the upside this coming season.
I think you will see this team do better than expected. Not likely we will see a hobey finalist or All-America (kasdorf?) but if these guys all play hard there is enough talent to get home ice and finish at or above .500

FlagDUDE08
04-12-2014, 10:27 PM
There officially is no god.

Ralph Baer
04-13-2014, 12:22 AM
Today is 13 April 2014. There are 174 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.

ibanezist00
04-13-2014, 01:38 AM

Just congratulate them for having an undeniably excellent season and an excellent team to execute the whole thing, and move on.

As of right now, every team in the country has the same record again.

FreshFish
04-13-2014, 07:12 AM

a pantheist would retort that there are 26 deities....

jericho
04-13-2014, 08:43 AM
Just congratulate them for having an undeniably excellent season and an excellent team to execute the whole thing, and move on.

I think FD actually has a beef with the team itself, whereas, as you know, my beef is just with Dumb and Dumber.

FlagDUDE08
04-13-2014, 08:46 AM

Congratulate a team that starts fights because they lose a game, and a coach that punches student athletes? They don't deserve it, even if they think they have good intentions. I'm sure the alumni have also committed recruiting violations.

sk8tronthepond
04-13-2014, 10:21 AM
I'm sure the alumni have also committed recruiting violations.

I hate to say this FD, but I think it's time you laid down on the couch and spoke to the person wearing the white coat.

johnk
04-13-2014, 10:25 AM
I hate to say this FD, but I think it's time you laid down on the couch and spoke to the person wearing the white coat.

Hahahahahahahaha! Way too late for that.

vicious
04-13-2014, 11:09 AM

Absolutely. No other way to look at it. Have to credit this team for their coaching, skill, and execution. This may be good for hockey in the Capital District too. Hopefully it will spur some more interest at the youth level and among our local media, many (not all, but many) of whom seem to think hoops in any way shape or form is the only thing that matters around here. And the ECAC is back in it as a league. After 23 years without even getting a team into the championship game, you have two titles in two years. Not too shabby.

Jasma
04-13-2014, 11:24 AM
Hahahahahahahaha! Way too late for that.

Agreed! Haha

Jasma
04-13-2014, 11:27 AM
Absolutely. No other way to look at it. Have to credit this team for their coaching, skill, and execution. This may be good for hockey in the Capital District too. Hopefully it will spur some more interest at the youth level and among our local media, many (not all, but many) of whom seem to think hoops in any way shape or form is the only thing that matters around here. And the ECAC is back in it as a league. After 23 years without even getting a team into the championship game, you have two titles in two years. Not too shabby.
Give them credit and forget the brawl. That was one bad decision by Bodie in a season where that team made very few bad decisions.
We shall see how the western teams spin this. They are still unlikely to accept the ecac as a power n

ibanezist00
04-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Congratulate a team that starts fights because they lose a game, and a coach that punches student athletes? They don't deserve it, even if they think they have good intentions. I'm sure the alumni have also committed recruiting violations.

Yes, really. I can't stand that they started that scummy fracas, but we really need to move on from that. Do you still hate your little brother for picking a fight with you when you were both little kids?

engineerhockeyfan
04-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Give them credit and forget the brawl. That was one bad decision by Bodie in a season where that team made very few bad decisions.
We shall see how the western teams spin this. They are still unlikely to accept the ecac as a power n

Well said, they actually brought more credence to the ECAC. And we will all benefit from that. Yale and Union back to back. Can't argue with that.

Waite21
04-13-2014, 04:01 PM
1954 - RPI beats Minnesota in the national championship game.

2014 - Union beats Minnesota in the national championship game.

I'm calling it now - in 2074, UAlbany (they've got plenty of time to get their act together and start a Division I hockey program) will complete the hat trick for the Capital District by beating Minnesota in the national championship game.

Best part about making a prediction like this - if I'm wrong, I won't be around for anybody to tell me about it, anyway. ;)

Ralph Baer
04-13-2014, 04:02 PM
Personally I feel that Mat Bodie has paid his debt and appears to be basically a good kid who got carried away. OTOH IMHO Bennett still has a lot of explaining to do.

FireKnight
04-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Personally I feel that Mat Bodie has paid his debt and appears to be basically a good kid who got a carried away. OTOH IMHO Bennett still has a lot of explaining to do.

I agree 100% Ralph. That was inexcusable and Clarkson fired Coach Morris for much, much less.

Interestingly enough, I was sitting in front of a couple of RPI fans last night. Of all the ECAC folks who pretty much rooted for the league, it seems some of your fans really couldn't turn to the dark side. Personally, I'll root for any ECAC team in the tournament and it helps that most Clarkson fans don't mind our friends over at (t) and we wish them success against teams that aren't us (having a respectable coach like Marsh certainly helped). Cornell... well, I'd have to hold my nose but I think I'd root for them.

FlagDUDE08
04-13-2014, 06:43 PM
Yes, really. I can't stand that they started that scummy fracas, but we really need to move on from that. Do you still hate your little brother for picking a fight with you when you were both little kids?

I wouldn't know; I grew up in an only child setting.