PDA

View Full Version : RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

DavidSec17
03-26-2014, 03:42 PM
The Doctor Is In. After 30 days of completely not following anything hockey related-due to a life changing event-I have to now catch up and read pages upon pages of posts so that I can return to being a contributor here. For those who did not know, sometimes one has something happen that makes you realize the truly important things in life. For those who were aware, or i contacted, thank you for the support and wishes and i will never forget how helpful those messages were.

My support of RPI and RPI hockey is unwavering. I have been through this now for over 50 years. It can be disapponting, it can be frustrating. But it can be exciting and wonderful way to spend one's time. Besides, it can give you a chance to exchange thoughts and ideas with some of the brightest and most loyal fans on earth. Our hockey season is over-we will move on and hopefully in the right direction.

It is good to be back. Now i can try to be the same irreverent and sarcastic poster i have been. And Ralph, don't be so hard on me if I tend to stray off topic a bit either here or on the recruit thread(although i will do my best not to).
Welcome back Doc!

FreshFish
03-26-2014, 03:50 PM
It is good to be back. Now i can try to be the same irreverent and sarcastic poster i have been. And Ralph, don't be so hard on me if I tend to stray off topic.

How can anything be "off topic" in a thread with "drivel" in its title? :confused:

Welcome back, DD. Glad to hear your enthusiams is back! :)

Ralph Baer
03-26-2014, 04:37 PM
The Doctor Is In. After 30 days of completely not following anything hockey related-due to a life changing event-I have to now catch up and read pages upon pages of posts so that I can return to being a contributor here. For those who did not know, sometimes one has something happen that makes you realize the truly important things in life. For those who were aware, or i contacted, thank you for the support and wishes and i will never forget how helpful those messages were.

My support of RPI and RPI hockey is unwavering. I have been through this now for over 50 years. It can be disapponting, it can be frustrating. But it can be exciting and wonderful way to spend one's time. Besides, it can give you a chance to exchange thoughts and ideas with some of the brightest and most loyal fans on earth. Our hockey season is over-we will move on and hopefully in the right direction.

It is good to be back. Now i can try to be the same irreverent and sarcastic poster i have been. And Ralph, don't be so hard on me if I tend to stray off topic a bit either here or on the recruit thread(although i will do my best not to).

Welcome back!

I certainly won't get harsh with you on this thread. I gave up on it long ago. :)

turk181
03-26-2014, 06:58 PM
"The NCAA invented the term student-athlete to prevent the exact ruling that was made today. For 60 years, people have bought into the notion that they are students only. The reality is players are employees, and today's ruling confirms that. The players are one giant step closer to justice."..... http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10677763/northwestern-wildcats-football-players-win-bid-unionize

FlagDUDE08
03-26-2014, 07:16 PM
Wouldn't major junior football just put that all to bed? Same with major junior basketball?

DeepRed72
03-26-2014, 10:03 PM

It's great to have the "voice of reason" back on this forum!

LTsatch
03-26-2014, 10:23 PM
Glad to see you back Doc! Hope all is well.

engineerhockeyfan
03-26-2014, 10:29 PM
welcome back Doc.

Beman
03-26-2014, 10:40 PM
I am rooting for Denver. I like Monty, good player and certainly a good coach. Hmmm the one that got away. Of course I will be rooting for C'gate first and foremost.

Ralph Baer
03-27-2014, 02:32 AM
Today is 27 March 2014. There are 191 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.

Ralph Baer
03-27-2014, 02:33 AM
I don't think that anyone linked RPI-TV's video with all the home goals from this year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLZ6iP_MyD0&feature=youtu.be. Of course many are on the Haggerty and Zalewski videos.

DrDemento
03-27-2014, 07:36 AM
It's great to have the "voice of reason" back on this forum!

Thanks-Not sure of how much 'reason' is left. But getting back into some activities is helping a lot. I have discovered that life is full of terrific highs and terrible lows-perhaps the reason that Lithium exists and why years ago electroshock therapy was in vogue(and perhaps should be usded more often today).

DrDemento
03-27-2014, 07:37 AM
Glad to see you back Doc! Hope all is well.

Appreciate the thoughts-it will never be the same, but it is all part of life.

DrDemento
03-27-2014, 07:39 AM
welcome back Doc.

See you in Princeton this coming year?

FlagDUDE08
03-27-2014, 08:27 AM
Thanks-Not sure of how much 'reason' is left. But getting back into some activities is helping a lot. I have discovered that life is full of terrific highs and terrible lows-perhaps the reason that Lithium exists and why years ago electroshock therapy was in vogue(and perhaps should be usded more often today).

It's always good to see your writing on here.

turk181
03-27-2014, 11:25 AM
Vote today?... http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2013-14/

Ralph Baer
03-27-2014, 11:53 AM
Vote today?... http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2013-14/

BTW, voting ends on Monday.

fr. joe
03-27-2014, 03:44 PM

Welcome back, Doc! Hope you are well. And thanks for he sentiments... let's put this disappointing moment behind and build towards the new season.

turk181
03-27-2014, 04:43 PM
"The NCAA invented the term student-athlete to prevent the exact ruling that was made today. For 60 years, people have bought into the notion that they are students only. The reality is players are employees, and today's ruling confirms that. The players are one giant step closer to justice."..... http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10677763/northwestern-wildcats-football-players-win-bid-unionizeBut what if college hockey players were to also get paid? Would more players come to the colleges? Would the Canadian junior Leagues have to take note?..... http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Should-US-College-Hockey-Players-Get-Paid-Is-NCAA-Juniors/1/58964

FreshFish
03-27-2014, 05:04 PM
"The NCAA invented the term student-athlete to prevent the exact ruling that was made today. For 60 years, people have bought into the notion that they are students only. The reality is players are employees, and today's ruling confirms that. The players are one giant step closer to justice."..... http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10677763/northwestern-wildcats-football-players-win-bid-unionize

I was wondering how the players could be "employees" if they are not being paid...then I read the fine print and noticed that there are agents who want to cash in on the athletes' endorsement potential while in college. This whole setup reeks to me. It is a thinly-disguised way for the athletes to receive endorsement money while in college without forfeiting "amateur" status. Now they can be exploited twice over. Sigh. :(

some "justice." :mad: