PDA

View Full Version : RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Red Cloud
03-24-2014, 08:52 AM
I guess perhaps you are not old enough to appreciate the years of futility some of us of the Geritol Generation have suffered through so I will attempt to educate you.

Yeah, stop right there, grandpa.

I've forgotten more than you'll ever know.

FreshFish
03-24-2014, 11:55 AM
I've forgotten more than you'll ever know.

but isn't that what starts people complaining in the first place? ;)

Sorry, hard to resist a setup like that....:)

DeepRed72
03-24-2014, 01:55 PM
Just for the sake of correctness, Holy Cross has certainly scored in the NCAA tourney since 1985 since they did beat Minnesota a while back.

Oops forgot about that one. Thanks Ralph. So that makes 50 teams that have scored since we did.

Red Cloud
03-24-2014, 01:55 PM
Oops forgot about that one. Thanks Ralph. So that makes 50 teams that have scored since we did.

That makes your temper tantrum and sense of entitlement justified, then.

DeepRed72
03-24-2014, 02:04 PM
That makes your temper tantrum and sense of entitlement justified, then.

My goodness, how sensitive. One would think you were running the team's publicity department, or perhaps you're an Appert relative the way you react to any RPI Hockey criticism. But then again you seem to be satisfied with mediocrity.

Red Cloud
03-24-2014, 02:16 PM
My goodness, how sensitive. One would think you were running the team's publicity department, or perhaps you're an Appert relative the way you react to any RPI Hockey criticism. But then again you seem to be satisfied with mediocrity.

"Any?"

You really haven't been paying attention, have you? Hardly surprising.

Yes, anyone who doesn't agree with you is "satisfied with mediocrity." Never mind that practically everyone has fired off some criticism. Yours is the only legitimate criticism out there and anyone who won't just nod in agreement with you is clearly just a part of the... what was it that moron called it? Oh yes, the "cult of Seth."

Go ahead, believe that I'm some kind of publicist or relative if that is what it takes to soothe your delicate sensibilities.

Now hear this. Anyone who isn't as obsessed with NCAA tournament goals scored is hereby "satisfied with mediocrity."

Please.

Jasma
03-24-2014, 02:52 PM
I guess perhaps you are not old enough to appreciate the years of futility some of us of the Geritol Generation have suffered through so I will attempt to educate you. Since Servinis scored RPI's championship goal in 1985, 49 other Division 1 teams have scored in the NCAAs (I would list them but I figure you wouldn't read it anyway). Rensselaer has gone to the well 3 times since then and spit the bit each time. The only other program to do so was Holy Cross who did it once. Currently there are 11 active Division 1 programs who have not been to the NCAAs and thus have not scored since 1985. Two of them, Minnesota State and Robert Morris, have a chance to change that this coming weekend. I only expect this specific result - to have a representative team, not one which perpetually disappoints.

You made some good points, but let's crawl before we walk. This is the only ECAC team that has not been to the ECAC Tournament semi-finals since 2003. Every other team in the conference has been at least twice. I think most fans would take a trip to Lake Placid in the next couple of seasons and savor that. Then we can begin to look to a return to the national stage.

johnk
03-24-2014, 03:22 PM
You made some good points, but let's crawl before we walk. This is the only ECAC team that has not been to the ECAC Tournament semi-finals since 2003. Every other team in the conference has been at least twice. I think most fans would take a trip to Lake Placid in the next couple of seasons and savor that. Then we can begin to look to a return to the national stage.

Sad that it has come to this.

FlagDUDE08
03-24-2014, 05:51 PM
"Any?"

You really haven't been paying attention, have you? Hardly surprising.

Yes, anyone who doesn't agree with you is "satisfied with mediocrity." Never mind that practically everyone has fired off some criticism. Yours is the only legitimate criticism out there and anyone who won't just nod in agreement with you is clearly just a part of the... what was it that moron called it? Oh yes, the "cult of Seth."

Go ahead, believe that I'm some kind of publicist or relative if that is what it takes to soothe your delicate sensibilities.

Now hear this. Anyone who isn't as obsessed with NCAA tournament goals scored is hereby "satisfied with mediocrity."

Please.

Mediocrity, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Ralph Baer
03-25-2014, 12:44 AM
Today is 25 March 2014. There are 193 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.

RedWrister
03-25-2014, 09:30 AM

My vote for post of the year.

turk181
03-25-2014, 02:39 PM
Vote today?.....http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2013-14/

Jasma
03-25-2014, 02:55 PM

You are right about that, but it has. I hope the debacle that was the last 2/3 of this season and the playoffs is rock bottom and that they will begin the long climb back during this offseason.

Ralph Baer
03-26-2014, 12:36 AM
Today is 26 March 2014. There are 192 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.

RPI_2003
03-26-2014, 06:35 AM
Vote today?.....http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2013-14/

vote everyday!

jericho
03-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Can you imagine what this board will be like when Union eventually loses?

OMG, HOW DID THAT HAPPAN?!!! U IS THE BEST TEAM EVAH!!!!! OMG!!

RPI fan 4 life
03-26-2014, 11:13 AM
Can you imagine what this board will be like when Union eventually loses?

OMG, HOW DID THAT HAPPAN?!!! U IS THE BEST TEAM EVAH!!!!! OMG!!

And can you imagine what would happen if they win it all? You think they're insufferable now? RPI fans would never hear the end of it. OMG!

Red Cloud
03-26-2014, 11:18 AM
Stop talking about Union. That's a very Union thing to be doing, since RPI seems to be living rent-free in their heads.

DrDemento
03-26-2014, 03:09 PM
The Doctor Is In. After 30 days of completely not following anything hockey related-due to a life changing event-I have to now catch up and read pages upon pages of posts so that I can return to being a contributor here. For those who did not know, sometimes one has something happen that makes you realize the truly important things in life. For those who were aware, or i contacted, thank you for the support and wishes and i will never forget how helpful those messages were.

My support of RPI and RPI hockey is unwavering. I have been through this now for over 50 years. It can be disapponting, it can be frustrating. But it can be exciting and wonderful way to spend one's time. Besides, it can give you a chance to exchange thoughts and ideas with some of the brightest and most loyal fans on earth. Our hockey season is over-we will move on and hopefully in the right direction.

It is good to be back. Now i can try to be the same irreverent and sarcastic poster i have been. And Ralph, don't be so hard on me if I tend to stray off topic a bit either here or on the recruit thread(although i will do my best not to).

turk181
03-26-2014, 03:26 PM
.....like a voice crying out from the wilderness. Great to have you back Doc!!!!!! Hope everything is better with you or at least, on the path to. :)