PDA

View Full Version : RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

FlagDUDE08
03-23-2014, 01:31 PM
You're a one trick pony. When you don't sound like you're actively rooting against the Engineers, you sound like you're entitled to some specific result.

You, sir, are the worst kind of "fan." At least FlagDUD is just clueless.

Everyone has different goals and expectations. The fact that these disagree with yours does not make the person bad.

And I see you're still obsessed with me. Perhaps you'd like to include another flag tag?

Red Cloud
03-23-2014, 01:33 PM
And I see you're still obsessed with me. Perhaps you'd like to include another flag tag?

Yes. You've figured it out. The mere mention of your name is an obsession. Not like, for instance, making up things about other people.

Idiot.

And what the hell is a "flag tag?" Another one of your imaginary constructs?

lugnut92
03-23-2014, 02:18 PM
And what the hell is a "flag tag?" Another one of your imaginary constructs?

A FLAG tag is an oligopeptide (DYKDDDDK) used for immunoprecipitation and affinity chromatography, like the His-tag or HA tag.

Ralph Baer
03-23-2014, 03:06 PM
I can't decide if I should root for Union to win a game for the sake of the league or not.

OTOH, It will be interesting to see the temper tantrum that their coach will have if he doesn't get his way. :)

hockeymascot
03-23-2014, 03:08 PM
Speaking of results, Former assistant Jim Montgomery gets Denver to the NCAAS after winning the NCHC tournament in his first year.

Not surprised! He learned what not to do from Seth!;):

Red Cloud
03-23-2014, 03:36 PM
I can't decide if I should root for Union to win a game for the sake of the league or not.

I'll root for Quinnipiac and Colgate until I'm blue in the face.

Union might have been able to join that group if their fans and their coach weren't such raging d-nozzles.

Ralph Baer
03-23-2014, 03:50 PM
I'll root for Quinnipiac and Colgate until I'm blue in the face.

Union might have been able to join that group if their fans and their coach weren't such raging d-nozzles.

I am certainly rooting for Colgate and Quinnipiac. I have no problem doing that.

jericho
03-23-2014, 05:32 PM

OTOH, It will be interesting to see the temper tantrum that their coach will have if he doesn't get his way. :)

Don't. I'm with Red Cloud, Quinnipiac and colgate all the way. In fact, it was just a fe weeks ago that one of the bandwaggoners said in a post over on the union thread that if Union didn't make it, then they wouldn't cheer for anyone else, as if they are entitled. Hard to imagine, but Union has surpassed BC and Minnesota for the most obnoxious fans in the country.

FlagDUDE08
03-23-2014, 05:33 PM
Don't. I'm with Red Cloud, Quinnipiac and colgate all the way. In fact, it was just a fe weeks ago that one of the bandwaggoners said in a post over on the union thread that if Union didn't make it, then they wouldn't cheer for anyone else, as if they are entitled. Hard to imagine, but Union has surpassed BC and Minnesota for the most obnoxious fans in the country.

Amen. They're starting to remind me of fans of either the New England Patriots or the New York Yankees.

DavidSec17
03-23-2014, 06:05 PM
Amen. They're starting to remind me of fans of either the New England Patriots or the New York Yankees.

I do give props however to the Union fan(Dutchman?) I believe, who came on to our thread and slapped down one of the newest Schnectady bandwagoners for being a complete moron on our thread.

But earlier today, another one of their newest "fans" thought the guy on the selection show with Buccigross was Barry Melrose. Can't make this stuff up.:rolleyes:

FlagDUDE08
03-23-2014, 06:41 PM
I do give props however to the Union fan(Dutchman?) I believe, who came on to our thread and slapped down one of the newest Schnectady bandwagoners for being a complete moron on our thread.

But earlier today, another one of their newest "fans" thought the guy on the selection show with Buccigross was Barry Melrose. Can't make this stuff up.:rolleyes:

Someone fake the mullet? I don't have TV here.

Ralph Baer
03-23-2014, 07:17 PM
Someone fake the mullet? I don't have TV here.

None at all. It was Buccigross and Starman, neither of whom have mullets.

Ralph Baer
03-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Anyone have any guesses on what the lines will be at the start of the season and at the end of the season next year? Let's assume that Laliberte, Neal, McGowan, Schroeder, Miller, Bubela, Fulton, Bourbonnais, Wood, and DeVito are returning, and Melanson, Tironese, Nanne, Fornaris, and Rodriguez are the freshmen.

Ralph Baer
03-23-2014, 07:26 PM

Yes, it was he, and it surprised me a lot. Maybe someone stole his account. :)

Ralph Baer
03-23-2014, 07:29 PM

I want to root for all of the ECAC teams, but I suspect that I just won't be able to root for Union due to most (not all) of their fans and Rick "Neanderthal" Bennett. OTOH, I had no trouble rooting for the Clarkson women today.

DavidSec17
03-23-2014, 07:56 PM
Anyone have any guesses on what the lines will be at the start of the season and at the end of the season next year? Let's assume that Laliberte, Neal, McGowan, Schroeder, Miller, Bubela, Fulton, Bourbonnais, Wood, and DeVito are returning, and Melanson, Tironese, Nanne, Fornaris, and Rodriguez are the freshmen.
As a freshman, I thought McGowan had offensive skill when he was given the chance. He may have even centered a scoring line as a freshman, he's a big kid and he has a good shot. He has since been relegated to more of a checking line center. Maybe he moves up and plays with JL or Neal? I have no idea which freshmen have more offensive flair than others, but it will be fun to watch all these new kids.

DeepRed72
03-23-2014, 10:23 PM
You're a one trick pony. When you don't sound like you're actively rooting against the Engineers, you sound like you're entitled to some specific result.

You, sir, are the worst kind of "fan." At least FlagDUD is just clueless.

I guess perhaps you are not old enough to appreciate the years of futility some of us of the Geritol Generation have suffered through so I will attempt to educate you. Since Servinis scored RPI's championship goal in 1985, 49 other Division 1 teams have scored in the NCAAs (I would list them but I figure you wouldn't read it anyway). Rensselaer has gone to the well 3 times since then and spit the bit each time. The only other program to do so was Holy Cross who did it once. Currently there are 11 active Division 1 programs who have not been to the NCAAs and thus have not scored since 1985. Two of them, Minnesota State and Robert Morris, have a chance to change that this coming weekend. I only expect this specific result - to have a representative team, not one which perpetually disappoints.

Ralph Baer
03-24-2014, 01:42 AM
Today is 24 March 2014. There are 194 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.

Ralph Baer
03-24-2014, 01:47 AM
I guess perhaps you are not old enough to appreciate the years of futility some of us of the Geritol Generation have suffered through so I will attempt to educate you. Since Servinis scored RPI's championship goal in 1985, 49 other Division 1 teams have scored in the NCAAs (I would list them but I figure you wouldn't read it anyway). Rensselaer has gone to the well 3 times since then and spit the bit each time. The only other program to do so was Holy Cross who did it once. Currently there are 11 active Division 1 programs who have not been to the NCAAs and thus have not scored since 1985. Two of them, Minnesota State and Robert Morris, have a chance to change that this coming weekend. I only expect this specific result - to have a representative team, not one which perpetually disappoints.

Just for the sake of correctness, Holy Cross has certainly scored in the NCAA tourney since 1985 since they did beat Minnesota a while back.

FlagDUDE08
03-24-2014, 07:45 AM
Just for the sake of correctness, Holy Cross has certainly scored in the NCAA tourney since 1985 since they did beat Minnesota a while back.

Or as some of us like to call it, North Dakota East. :D