PDA

View Full Version : RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Ralph Baer
03-13-2014, 03:20 PM
Meaningless. Someone calculate points per game and get back to me. Or don't, I don't care.

The English language is poorer for a lack of a proper subjunctive mood. Had my statement, indirectly quoting Schott, been in German it would have been in the subjunctive. :p

Red Cloud
03-13-2014, 03:22 PM
The English language is poorer for a lack of a proper subjunctive mood. Had my statement, indirectly quoting Schott, been in German it would have been in the subjunctive. :p

Well, we've already got one poster who thinks he's Canadian when he's not, so if you want to go ahead and post in German I don't think anyone's going to stop you.

lugnut92
03-13-2014, 03:58 PM
Well, we've already got one poster who thinks he's Canadian when he's not, so if you want to go ahead and post in German I don't think anyone's going to stop you.

Ich bin ein Engineer!

FreshFish
03-13-2014, 03:59 PM
The English language is poorer for a lack of a proper subjunctive mood.

IIRC, English does have a subjunctive: "If I were you" not "If I was you" is proper, no? It's just harder to recognize.

FreshFish
03-13-2014, 04:00 PM

Ich spreche kein deutsch.

Ralph Baer
03-13-2014, 04:10 PM
IIRC, English does have a subjunctive: "If I were you" not "If I was you" is proper, no? It's just harder to recognize.

It does, but its use is limited. "If I were you" is correct.

Ralph Baer
03-13-2014, 04:14 PM
Ich bin ein Engineer!

That's the same mistake that President Kennedy made. :) It's "Ich bin Engineer" (or Ingenieur). (The last 3+ years of classes must be good for something.)

vicb
03-13-2014, 06:16 PM
A little more than 24 hours to get your picks in. You have until 7PM Friday.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?108745-ECAC-Pick-The-Playoffs-2014

1st round contestants who have not submitted picks:

ajh258
arickeo
bcarlisle
bothman
Brett Gobe
Brian Sullivan
cudmud
hockeyplayer1015
Jack T. Ripper
johnk
Maine-iac
Mike Hutter
Nyhockeyguy
rfs04
Rjm7272
sshablak
TchrBill
TheValleyRaider
ufanbill
UnionTDX04
Wholin1

DeepRed72
03-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Meaningless. Someone calculate points per game and get back to me. Or don't, I don't care.

Here's my calculation - sounds like someone didn't have such a great recruiting year (oh heresy that couldn't be the case) or perhaps he forgot to give the freshmen any significant playing time.

FlagDUDE08
03-13-2014, 07:14 PM
Here's my calculation - sounds like someone didn't have such a great recruiting year (oh heresy that couldn't be the case) or perhaps he forgot to give the freshmen any significant playing time.

The class was perfectly fine. The latter is also accurate, but does not have anything to do with recruiting, but rather an in-game coach (understanding the fact the 18 you select you can't change mid-game).

turk181
03-13-2014, 07:17 PM
I wonder if Ryan will give the current coaching staff any credit for helping him make it to the pros?Ryan Haggerty ‏@Haggerty39 Mar 12
I need to thank @SethAppert for giving me a chance to develop as player and person. As well with my teammates the past three years at RPI

turk181
03-13-2014, 07:22 PM
Today is March 11, 2014. There aren't any players ahead of Brock Higgs! Did you vote today?

Vote HERE (http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2013-14/).

Back over 33.3%.Vote today?

Red Cloud
03-13-2014, 07:24 PM

He said from the outset that the freshmen were likely to have to fight for ice time. When they got it they weren't typically on scoring lines.

But then again, you've never really leaned too hard on the underlying truths when coming up with your "calculations."

RPI_2003
03-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Vote today?

Voted - thanks for the reminder! :D

ServinisScores
03-13-2014, 11:08 PM
Gosh, didn't you know that's what we're doing here? Solving all of our problems like anything we say matters?

I think what you say matters. Usually. :D

I might quibble with the "sub-standard" culture. I think the culture is good: professional, high GPA, no off-ice issues of any kind, the players seem well-conditioned. But I get your point and have an idea. Why wouldn't it be a good idea to get a mentor/consultant to review the program top to bottom and offer some guidance? I'll throw a name out, only as an example because the exact candidate isn't critical at this point, but wouldn't a guy like Jack Parker have some useful guidance? I'm not sure if he is available or is the mentoring type but, if so, he could come to Troy a few days every month. The Coaching staff could go to visit him now and then. They could talk on the phone. Coaching at the Div 1 level is tough, everything at the Div 1 level is tough, and the program is clearly struggling. The easiest change to envision is to fire the coach. Well in this case that's not really an option and in most cases it's not the best option. Like it or not there has been a big commitment to this coach, why not try to get the most out of that? Why not spend some $ to get some help from someone who's had significant success as a head coach at a Div 1 school? The program has been too mediocre for too long and an organized, top to bottom assessment just may lead to changes that will get us playing more post-season hockey.

You can quibble... :D When I say sub-standard culture, I refer to winning. Periods, games, seasons....etc. It's just not there.

I hate the consultant idea. Consultants are brought in when there's no confidence in the leadership team - you might as well fire the team, instead of having folks that are visible brought in to essentially second-guess the current regime. Check out Office Space when you get a chance. ;)

LTsatch
03-13-2014, 11:49 PM

You can quibble... :D When I say sub-standard culture, I refer to winning. Periods, games, seasons....etc. It's just not there.

I hate the consultant idea. Consultants are brought in when there's no confidence in the leadership team - you might as well fire the team, instead of having folks that are visible brought in to essentially second-guess the current regime. Check out Office Space when you get a chance. ;)

This thread is already better than Office Space, it has become the Peyton Place of USCHO, carry on.

Red Cloud
03-14-2014, 02:07 AM

You think more highly of what I say than I do.

Ralph Baer
03-14-2014, 02:47 AM
Today is 14 March 2014. There are 204 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.

rjohntute
03-14-2014, 05:42 AM
Ryan Haggerty ‏@Haggerty39 Mar 12
I need to thank @SethAppert for giving me a chance to develop as player and person. As well with my teammates the past three years at RPI

Doesn't mean much. I would've been more surprised had he not said something like that.

vicb
03-14-2014, 08:39 AM
A little more than 10 hours to get your picks in. You have until 7PM tonight.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2014

1st round contestants who have not submitted picks:

arickeo
Brett Gobe
cudmud
Jack T. Ripper
Maine-iac
Mike Hutter
Nyhockeyguy
rfs04
ufanbill
UnionTDX04