PDA

View Full Version : RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

RPI_2003
03-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Cry me a river, *****.

Of course it was significantly sub-par. Want a cookie?

Whatever you say, Mister Hockey Forum Tough Guy.

Red Cloud
03-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Whatever you say, Mister Hockey Forum Tough Guy.

Look who's talking. You're the only one demanding something of someone.

Tipsy McStagger
03-12-2014, 02:51 PM
I've sat back and taken in all that there is to take in with this thread. I've had some time to process Sunday's monumental collapse, and I believe I've come up with an eminently reasonable solution to this team's problems that everyone here should find acceptable.

Fire everyone.

Fire the coach.

Fire his assistants.

Fire the AD.

Fire the assistant AD.

Explain to me what exactly it is the director of hockey operations does, and then fire him.

Fire anyone who helps with recruiting and replace them with FlagDUDE08. He will use a USHR subscription and the internet, and he will do a better job.

Fire the equipment manager.

Fire the trainers.

Fire the PA announcer.

Fire the guy who designed the jerseys.

Fire the entire marketing department.

Revoke the scholarship from every single player on the team. I don't care what happens in return.

Fire the guy at Houston Field House who makes the hot dogs. Every time I eat one, I taste three decades of failure. Way to go, *******s: you've somehow managed to ruin hot dogs.

Travel back in time and fire Liver Houston, who thought it was a good idea to bring hockey back to RPI.

**** every fan of any other team that claims to "hate" the Engineers. You haven't earned the right to say that.

Make it so I don't feel like calling social services whenever I see a kid wearing an RPI jersey.

Stop celebrating the 1964 team. Breaking news: they lost. Looking forward to the 2061 pregame ceremony where we applaud the 2011 team and pretend we don't know how it ended.

But hey, speaking of 2061, it's entirely possible that we'll have won a national championship by then. Here is a brief list of things that are more possible:

Complete nuclear annihilation

Massive earthquake destroys Troy

Massive earthquake destroys the Frozen Four city with the Engineers leading by 3 with 30 seconds left in the national championship game

Siena starts a varsity team, wins the national championship in first year of existence

Siena basketball team makes the Frozen Four

I wouldn't wish the Engineers on my worst enemy. If Adolf Hitler was contemplating becoming a hockey fan, and was enamored by the disciplinary stylings of Seth Appert, I'd beg him to reconsider. Hitler, you have a reputation to uphold.

God **** it.

**** this team.

Eat the rich!!!

turk181
03-12-2014, 02:52 PM
Today is March 11, 2014. There aren't any players ahead of Brock Higgs! Did you vote today?

Vote HERE (http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2013-14/).

Back over 33.3%.Vote today?

RPI_2003
03-12-2014, 02:53 PM
It'll be interesting to see who gets named Captain, and what effect that will have. Next season seems so far away... :(

RPI_2003
03-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Vote today?

Proud to report I voted several times first thing this morning!

turk181
03-12-2014, 02:56 PM
It'll be interesting to see who gets named Captain, and what effect that will have. Next season seems so far away... :(I'ld guess, Luke, Neal, McGowan

hrbrendan
03-12-2014, 03:04 PM
Congrats to Haggerty. Unfortunately, RPI is going to be even worse next year.

RPI_2003
03-12-2014, 03:08 PM

Not necessarily; everyone starts somewhere.

lugnut92
03-12-2014, 03:09 PM
I'ld guess, Luke, Neal, McGowan

I definitely support Luke for C. As far as assistants go, I definitely think we see Leonard. I don't know what forwards might get letters.

troyboy
03-12-2014, 03:20 PM
Congrats to Haggerty on an awesome opportunity, and for picking the right professional organization to sign with :D

Now I'm curious as to how this will impact our scoring next season with him and Higgs gone... I would like a show of hands of everyone that predicted Haggerty wpould score close to 30 goals this year.

ibanezist00
03-12-2014, 03:22 PM
I would like a show of hands of everyone that predicted Haggerty wpould score close to 30 goals this year.

I had self-predicted around 20, so he exceeded my expectations. My point with what I said is that because he continues to improve with time, I wonder how it will impact our scoring. My point still stands...

I agree with Red Cloud, opportunities for others, but I wonder if we can either get another scoring stud like this to arise, or we can get more depth and get everyone to chip in a little bit. That remains to be seen. Personally, I'd rather have the latter if we can't have both.

turk181
03-12-2014, 03:40 PM
I would like a show of hands of everyone that predicted Haggerty wpould score close to 30 goals this year....in my preseason guesstimate I had him for 22. I was really off with Z, had him for 15.

Red Cloud
03-12-2014, 03:42 PM

[grumpy cat picture goes here]

ibanezist00
03-12-2014, 03:46 PM

I appreciate the buckets of radiating optimism from this thread! Why don't we wait and give it a few games next season before we make hasty conclusions about it 7 months before it even starts?

DeepRed72
03-12-2014, 04:26 PM

Seems a reasonable assumption considering he and Higgs were the offense this year. The only positive I can see out of this is if Haggs scores the winning Stanley Cup goal for my New York Rangers. I was at MSG in 1994 - I hope that is does not have to last a lifetime nor does the 1985 NCAA championship. Good luck Haggs, I'll be rooting you on.

Red Cloud
03-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Seems a reasonable assumption considering he and Higgs were the offense this year.

And, as we all know, once a player has been on the team without being a major part of the offense, they never can, ever. :rolleyes:

turk181
03-12-2014, 04:34 PM
I appreciate the buckets of radiating optimism from this thread! Why don't we wait and give it a few games next season before we make hasty conclusions about it 7 months before it even starts?I seem to recall the sentiment when Pirri & D'Amigo left. What happened the next year? Yes, Chase was still there but not many felt the NCAA's would be in the cards.

troyboy
03-12-2014, 04:37 PM
I'll save us all the time NOBODY !!! That is the point these are kids with raw talent and some have a huge upside and we find out some don't. 2 examples Chace Polacek he was stumbled upon when we recruited Bryan Brutlag I don"t know if anyone else was interested in him or if he was even on scholarship in the beginning but SA whom some here think they know more than him saw something and developed Him into a prolific scorer...now fast forward to Ryan Haggerty a much more visable recruit but as a fast skater and a hard player lets face it his last year on the USNDT in the USHL I believe he scored a grand total of 7 goals and was primaraly used on a checking/energy line and on the PK at RPI SA saw something and this year gave him the opportunity to shine he played on the first line the power play and double shifted in most if not all close games without that 28 goals are not possible. Its scary to think what his senior year would have been but He seized the opportunity to take the next step as a 21 year old that opportunity was not going to be there forever so he did the right thing and we all wish him all the luck in the world. so who is the next big thing who knows but aI have a couple candidates. Mike Zelewski has a huge upside and is already a legit big time D1 player will he takke the next step, I certainly believe Bubela has a huge up side and suspect he had some sort of nagging injury that led to a somewhat indiffernt year but he certainly has talent and Mark Miller kind of reminds me of a young Haggerty who knows but the talent is there we have a good class coming in. So I for one am looking for forward to next year SA is not going anywhere so we all need to get off our high horse and get back to talking about our recruits and who needs to step up and that stuff because accussing the coach of not knowing how to recruit,not developing players and my favorite not making adjustments is just silly 99.9% of the posters on this board wouldn"t know what an on ice adjustment looked like if they got crotch chopped with one. If we have an issue its with consistant effort the coach has said it a 1000 times to the point peaple on this board make fun of him(Engineer Hockey that is coach speak for effort without calling them out in public) but he doesn't run away from it and takes responsibility for it so thats on him but its on them too ! Lets move on !!!!!!!!!!!

DeepRed72
03-12-2014, 04:42 PM
I seem to recall the sentiment when Pirri & D'Amigo left. What happened the next year? Yes, Chase was still there but not many felt the NCAA's would be in the cards.

Did we actually show up for the NCAAs?