X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    Bring back Addessa, Bring back beer at the concessions, PUT THE BAND BACK BEHIND THE NET, Bring back the Tri-State League, Bring back the posts that obstruct the view...GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
    A couple of good ideas in that batch, but I can't even find your lawn in all this freakin' snow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
      I like your loyalty, but cut this guy some slack. He has stuck aorund through some tough years, as well as the glory years of the 80's and 90's. It has been a while since RPI Hockey has experienced such a long dry spell.
      He only shows up around here when things aren't going well and piles on with all the others who show up when times are bad. I would love to see Coach Apperts inbox from yesterday and today. Bet he got some good laughs out of all the experts who sent him an email.
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
        A couple of good ideas in that batch, but I can't even find your lawn in all this freakin' snow.
        Even with the melted snow I sometimes cant find my lawn or lack of it. But make sure you stay off it if you ever find it.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Wow, we haven't even been in the offseason for a week and look at all the drivel. I'm so proud.
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

He only shows up around here when things aren't going well and piles on with all the others who show up when times are bad. I would love to see Coach Apperts inbox from yesterday and today. Bet he got some good laughs out of all the experts who sent him an email.
            If people only showed up on here when things were going good we would still be on the first RPI thread. I will have my season tickets and go to some games but Sunday night was the last straw for more than a few. We have went from 12 season tickets to 6 and next year looks like 5. If you think this program is headed in the right direction you are sorely mistaken. There is a losing culture in Troy that needs to be fixed. There is a winning culture and high expectations in Schenectady. They are an entertaining team to watch. Outside of a few on this board, believe it or not, there are plenty of people in the CD that root for both teams. Where do you think those people are spending their money to be entertained? I don't think any of us are expecting 1984 or 1985 but a 12 year dry spell from the ECAC's? Not one single NCAA goal in 30 years? Not winning a single home playoff series in the last 5? Most of those played to a less than half full fieldhouse! You keep enjoying yourself watching these games, but don't blame others who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
              Respectfully disagree in part with last sentnce, based on your own earlier observation: the "guys in the locker room" depend upon the entire coaching staff, not just OGC, for guidance. For setting tangible goals, how about something concrete, specific, detailed, and immediate: "in this period, on D keep the center clear by forcing them to the side. On the PP, let's put a big body in front of the net to distract them." in other words, tangible goals related to performance on the ice.

My hunch is that OGC needs to build out a deeper, stronger staff of assistant coaches. Each one strong in teaching a fundamental aspect of the game. You only gain mastery through successful repetition.
              Fair enough. I think any head coach sets the tone and assistants complement it. I absolutely agree with improvement among assistant coaches. A veteran assistant, someone who's been around awhile, would greatly benefit the entire coaching staff, IMHO.

Comment

I would love to see Coach Apperts inbox from yesterday and today. Bet he got some good laughs out of all the experts who sent him an email.
                Well let's see, he's now 114-152-37 (.437) in eight seasons. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to read a few of 'em?

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                  If people only showed up on here when things were going good we would still be on the first RPI thread. I will have my season tickets and go to some games but Sunday night was the last straw for more than a few. We have went from 12 season tickets to 6 and next year looks like 5. If you think this program is headed in the right direction you are sorely mistaken. There is a losing culture in Troy that needs to be fixed. There is a winning culture and high expectations in Schenectady. They are an entertaining team to watch. Outside of a few on this board, believe it or not, there are plenty of people in the CD that root for both teams. Where do you think those people are spending their money to be entertained? I don't think any of us are expecting 1984 or 1985 but a 12 year dry spell from the ECAC's? Not one single NCAA goal in 30 years? Not winning a single home playoff series in the last 5? Most of those played to a less than half full fieldhouse! You keep enjoying yourself watching these games, but don't blame others who don't.
                  Well said John, need to install the culture and expectation of winning again. The atmopshere and the other incidentals come with winning. There were quite a few dark and quiet evenings back in the early 80's.

I'm not sure why anyone gives a 44-year season ticket holder gruff - he's paid his dues, and if he's speaking with not renewing his seats, he's entitled!

Lastly, there are quite a few alumni who don't post here, who are sick about a) the complete erosion of winning culture and b) the fact Union has far outrun RPI in recent performance and establishing that program as the CD program to be involved with.
                  Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                    All your points are true, all I was trying to say is that some folks come here and dump on this team when they are down. Im sure as heck not going to start chanting lets go U like some moron did in my section after the final horn sunday night. Show up support the team but don't be that person who only shows up when times are good and then jump ship once they go bad. But thats the way the sports world is today.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                      Well said John, need to install the culture and expectation of winning again. The atmopshere and the other incidentals come with winning. There were quite a few dark and quiet evenings back in the early 80's.

I'm not sure why anyone gives a 44-year season ticket holder gruff - he's paid his dues, and if he's speaking with not renewing his seats, he's entitled!

Lastly, there are quite a few alumni who don't post here, who are sick about a) the complete erosion of winning culture and b) the fact Union has far outrun RPI in recent performance and establishing that program as the CD program to be involved with.
                      I've said it before, I'm not an Alum so in all reality I have no input on what goes on in Troy other than my measly 2 season ticket purchase each season. He is entitled to not renewing his seats and that's great. I'm sure his entertainment dollars will be spent elsewhere in the capital district and importantly stay in the capital district. One can buy quite a few good pints of beer at local brewery's and enjoy some nice meals on what it costs to get season tickets. Go local economies.
                      Last edited by fishcore12; 03-11-2014, 07:21 PM.

Comment

I think John k is ting he has Been loyal all these years. His time, effort, money all to rpi and we haven't had much to feel happy about in a long time.
                        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

• Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                          All your points are true, all I was trying to say is that some folks come here and dump on this team when they are down. Im sure as heck not going to start chanting lets go U like some moron did in my section after the final horn sunday night. Show up support the team but don't be that person who only shows up when times are good and then jump ship once they go bad. But thats the way the sports world is today.
                          You mean like the people who come to games and leave when we are down 2 or more goals because they do not think we will make a come back? I know a few like that but won't mention any names.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                            You mean like the people who come to games and leave when we are down 2 or more goals because they do not think we will make a come back? I know a few like that but won't mention any names.
                            As long as the check clears or the cash is green for the tickets purchased, does it matter how long the ticket holder stays? I have never left a game early but that's just because I'm a Bills and Braves fan and a. don't know any better and b. have saw worse before.

Comment

Bring back Addessa, Bring back beer at the concessions, PUT THE BAND BACK BEHIND THE NET, Bring back the Tri-State League, Bring back the posts that obstruct the view...GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
                              I had been calming myself before posting about this season but your incredibly disrespectful posts jarred me from my stupor. Few posts have made me angrier than your recent string. This fellow is a longtime fan who expressed the frustration that many of us feel. Also, several weeks ago he correctly predicted how this season was heading and he was ridiculed by the "believers". Stop your nonsense, everyone is entitled to their opinion. A number of folks who have expressed doubts about this coach have been bullied. Well no more, the honeymoon is over. Due to the abject neglect of this admini$tration, OGC is going nowhere. It's sad and depressing to fear that the program is going nowhere as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RedWrister View Post
                                I had been calming myself before posting about this season but your incredibly disrespectful posts jarred me from my stupor. Few posts have made me angrier than your recent string. This fellow is a longtime fan who expressed the frustration that many of us feel. Also, several weeks ago he correctly predicted how this season was heading and he was ridiculed by the "believers". Stop your nonsense, everyone is entitled to their opinion. A number of folks who have expressed doubts about this coach have been bullied. Well no more, the honeymoon is over. Due to the abject neglect of this admini$tration, OGC is going nowhere. It's sad and depressing to fear that the program is going nowhere as well.
                                I calmed myself as well. I sat back and read about how the concessions were horrible, and the band needs to be in a certain spot, and laughed it off. Should I have posted about a longtime fan being angry with the on-ice product, no I shouldnt have and yes he predicted how the season was heading, but I guess Im too stupid and blind to see where it was heading, and hoped it would turn around. I was wrong. Yes our coach is not going anywhere, but to read on and on about what people who, like myself, have never coached a college team makes me sick. We here have no say on what goes on, the big money donors do and I wish you all a great summer, enjoy the outdoors and all this great area has to offer. See some of you in the fall.

Comment

Working...
                                X