Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which four D-I teams advance to the Frozen Four at Quinnipiac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarksoncluck View Post
    If I am Leveille or Minn, the last team I would want to see standing across from me is Clarkson. (btw - Howe has 13 SO/s as well).
    Howe has 14 shutouts. It would be an interesting final in that both teams' senior classes began their college careers with a series versus each other in Potsdam in Oct. of 2010, so the meetings would bookend their NCAA experiences. As others have pointed out, each has a lot of work to do before they can think about an opponent for the final game.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Re: Which four D-I teams advance to the Frozen Four at Quinnipiac?

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      Howe has 14 shutouts. It would be an interesting final in that both teams' senior classes began their college careers with a series versus each other in Potsdam in Oct. of 2010, so the meetings would bookend their NCAA experiences. As others have pointed out, each has a lot of work to do before they can think about an opponent for the final game.
      To show you how good Clarkson's defense and Howe have been it is interesting to look at Howe's stats in her 39 games.
      Maximum number of shots she has faced in a single game/2 game weekend: 28/55 against Mercyhurst
      In Howe's 14 shutouts she has turned aside 26, 11, 22, 11, 15, 14, 23, 21, 15, 07, 09, 15, 16, 12 shots.
      The last 3 shutouts were the ECAC Tourney games against Dartmouth (2) and Quinnipiac.
      In play against NC$$ Tourney teams:
      Mercyhurst 1G/28SH, 1G/27SH
      North Dakota 2G/18SH, 1G/25SH (I will include these for those that think ND should be in the tourney )
      Cornell 6G/18SH, 1G/20SH, 1G/19SH (That 6 goal game was a nightmare with her defenseman doing an own goal)
      Harvard 2G/17SH, 1G/21SH
      Clarkson's defense and Howe in 39 games have only allowed more than 2 goals 3 times, 6, 3 and 3.

I have watched a number of Clarkson games on the internet and 1 game in person. I have seen a few times where Howe has let in a soft goal.
      I am interested in seeing how Clarkson and she do against BC. I expect this to be low scoring game (on the BC side )

Leveille and Minny have similar statistics.
      Yes it would be neat to do the Senior Class Bookend NC$$ but this time with Clarkson coming out on top
      Last edited by vicb; 03-12-2014, 03:58 PM.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Noticed on the NCAA site that they have a function where you can rate each of the four games into one of four categories...boring, ok, great, or instant classic.

The problem is that these games haven't yet been played!

Kind of dumb isn't it...like putting the cart before the horse?

(Forgot to mention that if you click on "view results" you can see where the votes have gone...with some, as an example, claiming the Mercyhurst vs Cornell game to be an "instant classic" before the game is even played).

http://www.ncaa.com/game/icehockey-w...yhurst-cornell
        Last edited by Blackbeard; 03-13-2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
          Noticed on the NCAA site that they have a function where you can rate each of the four games into one of four categories...boring, ok, great, or instant classic.

The problem is that these games haven't yet been played!

http://www.ncaa.com/game/icehockey-w...yhurst-cornell
          Do you suppose they're expecting fans to wait until after watching the games to rate the games? Dumb is casting a vote at this point in time, IMO.
          Last edited by brookyone; 03-13-2014, 12:10 PM.
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
            Dumb indeed! But isn't this the same NCAA site that headlined RIT getting into the NCAA's after they beat Mercyhurst for the CHA Championship?
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Poll Picks by Game (62 voters)

Minnesota (98.4%) vs Boston University (1.6%)

Cornell (87.1%) vs Mercyhurst (12.9%)

Wisconsin (82.3%) vs Harvard (17.7%)

Boston College (53.2%) vs Clarkson (46.8%)

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                Do you suppose they're expecting fans to wait until after watching the games to rate the games?
                Yeah, I thought of that...but in allowing that feature to function before the games are played it would appear that they overestimated some fans'...uhm, well, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                  BU went 0 - 4 against BC until yesterday. BC nearly took Minny out last year. One bounce in the other direction and it was BC moving on and not Minny. In both instances, a best two out of three is very likely a slam dunk, but 60 minutes with all the chips on the table...Kind of like saying that Bucky ought to start digging a tunnel east, because Harvard has a short bench, a key player out, and no mascot
                  Alright, I've give you the fact there's a .4% chance that BU pulls a Holy Cross and the world gets shocked, though the gap between Holy Cross and the rodents was less than this BU-rodentette matchup. I must say I kinda like BU's uni's, though I just don't like anything Bawstin, I despise any rodent team more......Go bu.

Digging the tunnel right now, I'm almost ready to make that left turn at Albuquerque.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Alright, I've give you the fact there's a .4% chance that BU pulls a Holy Cross and the world gets shocked, though the gap between Holy Cross and the rodents was less than this BU-rodentette matchup. I must say I kinda like BU's uni's, though I just don't like anything Bawstin, I despise any rodent team more......Go bu.
                    This might also illustrate my similar hope the Crimson upset the...uh...badgerettes.
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      I must say I kinda like BU's uni's, though I just don't like anything Bawstin
                      BU's uni-s don't resemble anything Bawstin. BU has the Mo-Town look.
                      ( TTT would just suggest that they are from the wrong part of town. )
                      Last edited by OnMAA; 03-13-2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                        BU's uni-s don't resemble anything Bawstin.
                        Due to the color scheme, they resemble UW's, and that's probably why he likes them and presumably Cornell's uni's on the other side of the bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          Due to the color scheme, they resemble UW's, and that's probably why he likes them and presumably Cornell's uni's on the other side of the bracket.
                          Good point, Three teams in the tourney with the same Uni-Theme.

Comment

Here's BCI's annual tournament preview:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...kson-wisconsin
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              Here's BCI's annual tournament preview:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...kson-wisconsin
                              Your AJ Black seems to really like going against the grain on his picks! Sure hope he didn't gaze into the proverbial crystal ball on his last one...as you said, "We can only hope".
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                Your AJ Black seems to really like going against the grain on his picks! Sure hope he didn't gaze into the proverbial crystal ball on his last one...as you said, "We can only hope".
                                I think "AJ" is an alias for "Terrier".

Comment

Working...
                                X