PDA

View Full Version : WCHA First Round: NMU vs. Minnesota State-Mankato

Pages : [1] 2

MissThundercat
03-09-2014, 10:35 AM
WCHA playoff action kicks off this week with NMU traveling to Mankato. Hoping the Cats can win, but realistically, I'll say Mavericks in 3.

aparch
03-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Ahh. Back to face the Landcows. Mankato isn't going to roll over, but if the 'Cats can put together two games like they did against them for the Friday night in Marquette, they can advance.

Just remember boys: more #businesstrips. For the next six weekends please.

purpleinnebraska
03-09-2014, 09:09 PM
Sorry we haven't jumped in on this thread yet. Give us a day to mope.

Mavs in 3.

RaceBoarder
03-09-2014, 09:17 PM
So, who's gonna have the hotter goaltender?

Sounds cliche, but that's what this series comes down to, IMO...

MavsFan
03-09-2014, 09:22 PM
I tend to wallow in pessimism after all these years of watching the Mavs, so I make no predictions and talk no smack.

state of hockey
03-09-2014, 10:12 PM
Mavericks sweep. They have to to keep their options open.

MavHockey14
03-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Maverick Sweep. If not, they don't deserve to make the tournament.

WildcatGoal
03-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Mankato is tough at home. Hoping for Cats in three.

MissThundercat
03-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Ahh. Back to face the Landcows. Mankato isn't going to roll over, but if the 'Cats can put together two games like they did against them for the Friday night in Marquette, they can advance.

Just remember boys: more #businesstrips. For the next six weekends please.

That's what I'd like to see. At least make it to Grand Rapids.

potternmu
03-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Mavericks in three, but hopefully, NMU pulls the Bowling Green-type upset of the 2011 and 2012 CCHA first round.

gfmorris
03-13-2014, 05:13 PM
I've got the Mavs to sweep.

GFM

NMUFAN
03-13-2014, 05:59 PM
I've got the Mavs to sweep.

GFM

Unfortunately, I see a Maverick sweep as well.

MissThundercat
03-14-2014, 06:56 PM
GAME DAY! Let's Go Cats!

MissThundercat
03-14-2014, 09:39 PM
Need to play a full 60, 'Cats. :mad:

aparch
03-14-2014, 10:13 PM
Saw the WCHA highlights of the game on YouTube: the disallowed goal didn't look like it should have been disallowed, but maybe that's because the video clip was blurry.

'Cats need to play the rest of the weekend like they did for the last half the game.

davyd83
03-14-2014, 10:19 PM
Saw the WCHA highlights of the game on YouTube: the disallowed goal didn't look like it should have been disallowed, but maybe that's because the video clip was blurry.

'Cats need to play the rest of the weekend like they did for the last half the game.
They made the right call. I had a clear look and it was no doubt no goal. As far as playing like they did the last half, you may want to see if the Mavericks will back off the forechecking like they did in the last half as well.

aparch
03-14-2014, 10:44 PM
They made the right call. I had a clear look and it was no doubt no goal. As far as playing like they did the last half, you may want to see if the Mavericks will back off the forechecking like they did in the last half as well.

I saw your tweets from this morning... I really wish Walt would have had the guys just screw around for the skate this morning in front of Mankato's video camera. Nothing would be better than beating their landcow a**es for the crap that went on in the morning skate.

MavHockey14
03-15-2014, 11:37 AM
The Mavericks were absolutel gross the last half of the game; the last 40 minutes, really. It was quite obvious they have a more talented, deeper team, but that doesn't matter if you don't say disciplined in your systems and outwork your opponent. They must play a more complete game tonight.

RaceBoarder
03-15-2014, 12:34 PM
The Mavericks were absolutel gross the last half of the game; the last 40 minutes, really. It was quite obvious they have a more talented, deeper team, but that doesn't matter if you don't say disciplined in your systems and outwork your opponent. They must play a more complete game tonight.

It sounded like NMU had them back on their heels, but we couldn't close the deal.... I know we hit iron in the 3rd and had several chances to tie it...

It's gonna be a grinder tonight... I'm hoping that NMU realizes that their backs are against the wall and they play with some desperation....

davyd83
03-15-2014, 12:49 PM
It sounded like NMU had them back on their heels, but we couldn't close the deal.... I know we hit iron in the 3rd and had several chances to tie it...

It's gonna be a grinder tonight... I'm hoping that NMU realizes that their backs are against the wall and they play with some desperation....

Desperate play is not a good thing. It leads one to make mistakes, to force passes or shots through lanes that aren't there. It leads one to try to make too much happen. Disciplined play is what they need. They need to take care of the puck, limit turnovers, especially in the D-Zone and play smart, simple hockey. And yes, they do realize that if they don't win, the season is over.