X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2014 off season thread

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    UAA 2014/15 schedule came out today and it shows Lake State traveling to Anchorage for games at the end of October.
    And Michigan Tech's schedule shows we play them at Abel Arena October 17-18. The start of the next coach's era should be

Oct 10-11 @ Robert Morris
    Oct 17-18 Michigan Tech
    Oct 24-25@ Northern Michigan
    Oct 31-Nov 1 @ Alaska Anchorage

The NMU and RMU dates aren't confirmed but I'm 95 percent sure those will be the dates.
    Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 03-28-2014, 05:03 PM.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad
      Omnino de iudicio!!!
      oculum pro oculo, dentem pro dente ... opus quod non fit !
      I am sure we can find stuff to talk about [press email]

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
        And Michigan Tech's schedule shows we play them at Abel Arena October 17-18. The start of the next coach's era should be

Oct 10-11 @ Robert Morris
        Oct 17-18 Michigan Tech
        Oct 24-25@ Northern Michigan
        Oct 31-Nov 1 @ Alaska Anchorage

The NMU and RMU dates aren't confirmed but I'm 95 percent sure those will be the dates.
        You do have the Robert Morris and Northern dates correct. I thought I had heard they play at North Dakota November 7th and 8th, but I hope not, seeing that they are in Alaska the weekend before.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
          You do have the Robert Morris and Northern dates correct. I thought I had heard they play at North Dakota November 7th and 8th, but I hope not, seeing that they are in Alaska the weekend before.
          I hope not too considering the Lakers would play 4 our of their first 5 series on the road. Hopefully the Lakers can get home non-conference games, even it's against Atlantic Hockey teams like Canisius.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
            I hope not too considering the Lakers would play 4 our of their first 5 series on the road. Hopefully the Lakers can get home non-conference games, even it's against Atlantic Hockey teams like Canisius.
            I believe they should get 10 non conference games since they have 4 games in Alaska.

So far they have a trip to Robert Morris, and North Dakota.

I believe they go to Notre Dame again next year. I believe the agreement was that they have to play in South Bend 2 or 3 times before Notre Dame returns the trip to the Sault.

I think I heard on one of the coaches shows that they will play at Michigan State next year, and then Michigan State will play in the Sault the following 2015-2016 season.

That only leaves 1 more non conference series, so hopefully those will be at home.

Comment

Do the Lakers have a search. committee. ?

Comment

The 1994 NCAA championship team will be inducted into the LSSU Sports Hall of Fame October 18. There will be a reunion of the '74 and '94 championship teams June 27-28.

http://www.lssu.edu/foundation/events/hockeyreunion.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                  I believe they should get 10 non conference games since they have 4 games in Alaska.

So far they have a trip to Robert Morris, and North Dakota.

I believe they go to Notre Dame again next year. I believe the agreement was that they have to play in South Bend 2 or 3 times before Notre Dame returns the trip to the Sault.

I think I heard on one of the coaches shows that they will play at Michigan State next year, and then Michigan State will play in the Sault the following 2015-2016 season.

That only leaves 1 more non conference series, so hopefully those will be at home.
                  They have a 2 for 1 with Michigan. Two trips to Ann Arbor vs one in the Soo. Not sure when that agreement starts.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
                    The AD's contract is going to be extended by President Pleger in June? Potentially a very bold move out of the gate!
                    That will keep basketball number one in Soo.

Comment

I noticed the online poll on EUPNEWS.COM asking who people thought the next coach should be for the Lakers. I was suprised that Rich Metro was the leader at 75%. He could be the one I'm not saying I don't like him or think he would do a bad job but he doesn't have very much experience as a head coach. That doesn't mean he can't coach I was just suprised he had such a huge lead over Joe Shawhan.

I just hope they choose the right person for the job.
                      BLEED BLUE

Comment

I noticed quite a few Laker fans that I talked to at the Eagles games this week think that it will be a rough couple of years. That got me thinking about how much we did lose to free agency and graduation. We need Aldridge or the Ohio kid to come in to solidify the goaltending along with a young d-core. Spratte should be able to step in and play solid on the blueline I thought he maybe should have played in Loesh's place a few more games last year. Speaking of Loesh he will be a junior and needs to step up his game, he needs to think defence first to help the new goalies and quit making them blind passes. I think the incoming sophmore forwards will take a step forward and I'm thinking Ciotti will turn things around and have a solid senior season as will Perfetto.
                        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                          I noticed the online poll on EUPNEWS.COM asking who people thought the next coach should be for the Lakers. I was suprised that Rich Metro was the leader at 75%. He could be the one I'm not saying I don't like him or think he would do a bad job but he doesn't have very much experience as a head coach. That doesn't mean he can't coach I was just suprised he had such a huge lead over Joe Shawhan.

I just hope they choose the right person for the job.
                          Yes that is surprising given the levels of coaching experience between the two. Any poll the EUPNews does at this point in the search process is likely to show home town bias so it's not surprising those two are in the lead. I'm more interested in seeing who the finalists will be.

Comment

I just hope people are not voting by way of who is more popular,Rich Metro or someone else connected with the Soo. Lakers need a coach and not a guy everyone just likes .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                              I just hope people are not voting by way of who is more popular,Rich Metro or someone else connected with the Soo. Lakers need a coach and not a guy everyone just likes .
                              People are definitely voting on popularity. Good thing they don't have a say in the actual decsion. I'd put my money that neither Metro or Shawhan get it. It'll be a dark horse candidate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth Squad
                                She finally made a move she should have 6 years ago. I find it ironic, how quickly the former coach of Lake Superior and his supporters, were so quick to throw her under the bus and spew their vitriol, because myself and others have been the recipient of it by most of you people on here and you people up there.

Good luck Mr. President!!

TBA
                                You and your illegitimate Truth twin have led the league in Vitriol Spewn five years in a row. In fact, have you put anything out there that wasn't vitriolic?

Comment

Working...
                                X