This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    That is fact. So is the rest of her family.
    CPA. Brother

Comment

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2014 off season thread

It is my understanding that Roque's contract was never for more than a year at a time. At least for the latter half of his time at LSSU. So what's Dunbar's excuse now?

Comment

That is fact. So is the rest of her family.
        That I know as I met some when Lake State played up there this year.

Davyd I was wondering since you called the game that Walt made the remarks about the ref not being able to be in position to see your goal scored because he can't skate.

1 Was he really lumbering out of position?

2 Do you think the league cares what his(Sergott) talent level is?

3 Did Walt hear any feedback about his comments?

I ask you this because I've noticed him looking right at a play like a hit and have that deer in the headlights look as if the game's to fast for him. He's not even sure what to call.

Plus he made a questionable charging call to put Ferris down two men and I have never enjoyed his reffing our games.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerBuff View Post
          It is my understanding that Roque's contract was never for more than a year at a time. At least for the latter half of his time at LSSU. So what's Dunbar's excuse now?
          So you've seen the contract?
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

It sure looked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
              Patently false...I'm sorry but this is just so far removed from the truth that it is laughable...
              Unless you ARE a former player, your opinion is subjective at best.

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
              There were radio spots for Laker Hockey at the beginning of the season...there were no radio spots for any other Laker ahtletic program. We have to then conclude that the A.D. was fully behind the hockey program to the best of its (financial) ability.
              A good marketing plan doesn't run out of money, therefore discontinue ads after a few at the beginning of the season. And shame on her for not promoting the other sports as well!
              http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

• Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                That I know as I met some when Lake State played up there this year.

Davyd I was wondering since you called the game that Walt made the remarks about the ref not being able to be in position to see your goal scored because he can't skate.

1 Was he really lumbering out of position?

2 Do you think the league cares what his(Sergott) talent level is?

3 Did Walt hear any feedback about his comments?

I ask you this because I've noticed him looking right at a play like a hit and have that deer in the headlights look as if the game's to fast for him. He's not even sure what to call.

Plus he made a questionable charging call to put Ferris down two men and I have never enjoyed his reffing our games.
                It wasn't Sergott that he was talking about. I haven't heard much about any feedback from the league. It doesn't mean there wasn't any. Just means not much was said.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

It wasn't Sergott that he was talking about. I haven't heard much about any feedback from the league. It doesn't mean there wasn't any. Just means not much was said.

Wow I looked at the box score and saw his name and figured it was old cement feet he was talking about. I think the way Walt shared his displeasure with the ref in that matter was just classic so I hoped he wouldn't get spanked to hard if at all.

Going into the newly aligned league My biggest concern besides the Lakers play was how the reffing was going to pan out. I think it could have been worse but I would like to see the league make the ref's fine's or reprimands public. I think that would give them more incentive to make the right call.
                  BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    C'mon Dave, you know he hasn't (for godssakes, lil' old me actually has seen the legal terms of Pearson's deal). Let alone the obvious fact that Pink Pony is clearly a troll account.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
                      1) I thought some money went into recruiting so they could recruit from western Canada. Haven't we picked up a couple of recruits from the western juniors? If this is the case I guess they did add money to the recruiting budget? Right?
                      Yes, that is correct. We started recruiting in the BCHL last year.

Comment

If Robert Morris wins the Atlantic Hockey Conference championship tomorrow, all four non-conference teams (Robert Morris, Union, Wisconsin, Notre Dame) the Lakers played will be in the NCAA tournament. Pretty impressive and the Lakers had a respectable 4-3-1 record against them. One of the few positive things to say about this season.
                        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

So you've got nothing.
                          Yes I have a pasty and a good hockey playing daughter.

Comment

Where do you hear that? Unless you've talked to Chris, you don't have anything. Or were you having coffee at the Kaleva and one of the townies who knows someone who knows someone just randomly came to your table while you were enjoying the Panukakku? Either way, Chris plays it pretty close to the vest. The chances you have viable info are slim. I've talked to several in the hockey community there, and no one seems to have any idea who the top candidates are.
                            You must be in the wrong loop.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBuff View Post
                              As has been mentioned many times in the past, Roque was hired with a five year deal which reverted to a year by year starting in the 6th year. There never was any "contract extension." That's why there was legal action after Frank was released after his 4th year. He still had one year left on his contract but the university realized they had an obligation (referred to in the testimony linked on this site previously) to let him go.

Comment

Scuttlebutt from the back alleys as to prospective candidates. Joey Shawhan, Drew Famulak, Rich Metro, Anthony Palumbo and apparantly a couple of current NAHL GM/coaches (no names bandied about though).

Now both Shawhan and Famulak would be tremendous prospective head coaches as they would instantly add credibility to the program and continue the strong recruiting practices started under Roque. I would be ecstatic if the team could get either one. Metro would be a decent candidate but a relative lack of coaching experience, coupled with the fact that he would not have a solid recruiting network like Shawhan and Famulak raises some red flags. Anthony Palumbo is a non-starter. He would be an ideal assistant but certainly not head coaching material for a D-1 program. A NAHL coach/GM is somewhat intriguing but it all depends on who they would be.

Comment

Working...
                                X