X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2014 off season thread

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
    michiganmidge, I would think even the players knew a change was needed.
    Hard to say. They really like Roque.
    http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
      and yet other posters on here say they didn't

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
        and yet other posters on here say they didn't
        I guess it's subjective. From my experience, they like him.
        http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

That's because she single-handedly killed school spirit and ran no promotions or advertising this season. THIS is the future of Laker Hockey, unless there's a change made at the top!
          You think she checks her e-mails? It offseason. Time to relax.

Comment

Congrats to Colin Campbell for signing a two year deal with the Detroit Red Wings organization!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Hockey 8 View Post
              The school catalog from 2006-2009 has Joe Shawhan listed as having a Bachelors of Science. Two Associate degrees do not magically equal a bachelors degree in the school catalog where professors proudly state their credentials that they earned. That is considered fraud.
              It's interesting. Someone using a fake name calls someone else a fraud. It's pretty easy to hide behind a screen name while publicly smearing someone else. Classy. Very Classy.

Comment

Random LSSU question: Did the stricter boarder kill off the Canadian student body at the school?

Comment

You must have spoke with 1 or 2 players because a bunch that I spoke with were either indifferent or glad he was gone.

Comment

I think when your team goes into a weaker league and only two teams in the nation did not play in the play-offs and you were one of them, that old Sam Cooke song comes to mind .....a change is gonna come .................

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Hockey 8 View Post
                      The school catalog from 2006-2009 has Joe Shawhan listed as having a Bachelors of Science. Two Associate degrees do not magically equal a bachelors degree in the school catalog where professors proudly state their credentials that they earned. That is considered fraud.
                      I am awaiting a call back from a person at the University to help clear this up. What I found out so far is this. I Googled Joe Shawhan LSSU Hockey and lots of information came up including the announcement when Joey was hired as well as his media guide and Athletic Web site Bio’s from each year he was a coach at LSSU 2006-2009. Nowhere in any of it does it falsely state that he had a Bachelor’s degree in fact both Coach Roque’s (B.A. Business ’87 LSSU) and Coach Christian’s media Bio’s DID state their respective Bachelor Degree’s but Joey’s isn’t listed anywhere. Why would you think that would be Mr. Hockey 8? I found one article from way back that said Joey was studying Mechanical Engineering Technology at LSSU which would be a Bachelors of Science.
                      The guide that Mr. Hockey 8 talks about is a publication that was printed every three years at the time and is called the Academic Catalog. The one mentioned by Hockey 8 was printed in the summer of 2006 which is when Joey was hired and was reprinted in 2010, after Joey left. He is not listed in the Professor area boasting accomplishments as Mr. Hockey 8 indicates but is listed in an employee directory area as are all coaches. It is an alphabetical listing that lists names, position at the University and degree. It has Joey as having a B.A. in ’87 from LSSU. As mentioned, I have been told that Mechanical Engineering at LSSU is a B.S. degree not a B.A.
                      I will post more when I hear back from my connection at the University if there is anything new.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBuff View Post
                        Teacher Education at LSSU is tanking in general. One should seek out a program at Central, Western or Northern if getting a teaching degree. Not Lake State.
                        It's my understanding most the hockey players major in the Business program because you can graduate in 3 years. If they chose too.
                        Go Lakers!

Comment

Interesting. Just read this on the Facebook page entitled 'Believe in Laker Hockey'. It was posted by an LSSU alum:

"For all you Laker Fans and Supporters...I went to school with Kris Bullock. She despised hockey then and refused to attend games even though she dated M. Astley for three years. He would go to her games but she would not attend his games. The results of the poor choice for the leadership positions at LSSU are starting to show....this school has a major decision it has to make in the next year...if you are going to have an university, university size buildings, university size programs then u better have a enough students that can make it a go and leadership that has balls to lead."

This person went on to say:
                          "Last comment....search LSSU.edu website and input the search string audited financials and you will see something pretty amazing....Here is a tidbit to water your search....LSSU outstanding debt exceeds $25,000,000.00 at the end of 2012...Not sure how this school can survive this type of debt with 3,000 or less students each year...."

Finally, this person posted an interesting link:
                          Here is the linkhttps://www.lssu.edu/busoff/documents/AnnualFR-11.pdf
                          midge, many of us are aware that Julia Roque and her assistant (at Julia's direction) were using that Facebook page, and Twitter for that matter, to launch a campaign disparaging Dunbar and LSSU as soon as the announcement was made early last week that Jim Roque's contract would not be renewed. No doubt they convinced some of their friends to participate, but most if not all Lakers hockey players and former players have distanced themselves from that effort. I think most Lakers fans on this forum agree that the mistake Dunbar made was not in firing Roque but in keeping him around for as along as she did.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            midge, many of us are aware that Julia Roque and her assistant (at Julia's direction) were using that Facebook page, and Twitter for that matter, to launch a campaign disparaging Dunbar and LSSU as soon as the announcement was made early last week that Jim Roque's contract would not be renewed. No doubt they convinced some of their friends to participate, but most if not all Lakers hockey players and former players have distanced themselves from that effort. I think most Lakers fans on this forum agree that the mistake Dunbar made was not in firing Roque but in keeping him around for as along as she did.

Nice catch, Bill.

Comment

Omnino de iudicio!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                I can't believe this could happen up there with the people you mentioned? You must have your facts wrong sir!

Year 10 would have been the best one yet for Lake Superior under Jim Roque!!

Comment

Working...
                                X