PDA

View Full Version : ECAC Pick the Awards

Pages : [1] 2

BigAl
03-05-2014, 03:22 PM
I thought this would be fun. 5 points for every major award you pick right (MVP, Rookie, Goalie, Offensive D-Man, Defensive D-Man, Coach)

Then 3 points for every first team selection you get right, 2 for every second team, 1 for every third team, and 1 for every rookie selection

BigAl
03-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Awards

MVP:
Rookie:
Goalie:
Offensive Defenseman:
Defensive Defenseman:
Coach:

1st Team

Forward:
Forward:
Forward:
Defense:
Defense:
Goalie:

Rookie

Forward:
Forward:
Forward:
Defense:
Defense:
Goalie:

QUAlum2004
03-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Awards

MVP: Kellen Jones
Rookie: Sam Anas
Goalie: Colin Stevens
Offensive Defenseman: Gavin Bayreuther
Defensive Defenseman: Shayne Gostisbehere
Coach: Rick Bennett

1st Team

Forward: Greg Carey
Forward: Kellen Jones
Forward: Sam Anas
Defense: Shayne Gostisbehere
Defense: Gavin Bayreuther

2nd Team

Forward: Connor Jones
Forward: Daniel Carr
Forward: Ryan Haggerty
Defense: Dan Fedrico
Defense: Mat Bodie
Goalie: Michael Garteig

3rd Team:

Forward: Mark Naclerio
Forward: Jesse Root
Forward: Matt Carey
Defense: Zach Tolkinen
Defense: Spiro Goulakos
Goalie: Charlie Finn

Rookie

Forward: Sam Anas
Forward: Matt Carey
Forward: Mike Vecchione
Defense: Gavin Bayreuther
Defense: Devon Toews
Goalie: Charlie Finn

kdiff77
03-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Awards

MVP: Greg Carey, SLU
Rookie: Torn between the younger Carey and Sam Anas of QU...I think I'll take Anas.
Goalie: Colin Stevens, Union
Offensive Defenseman: Shayne Gostisbehere, Union
Defensive Defenseman: Dennis Robertson, Brown (I'm a homer)
Coach: Rick Bennett by a mile.

1st Team

Forward: Ryan Haggerty, RPI
Forward: Pittsburgh Native Jesse Root, Yale
Defense: Gostisbehere
Defense: Robertson

2nd Team

Forward: Mark Naclerio, Brown
Forward: Daniel Carr, Union
Forward: Matthew Peca, QU
Defense: Gavin Bayreuther, SLU
Defense: Mat Bodie, Union
Goalie: Raphael Girard, Harvard

3rd Team:

Forward: Nick Lappin, Brown
Forward: Matt Carey, SLU
Forward: Sam Anas, QU
Defense: Joakim Ryan, CU
Defense: Spiro Goulakis, Colgate
Goalie: Charlie Finn, Colgate

Rookie

Forward: Anas
Forward: Carey
Forward: Mike Vecchione, Union
Defense: Bayreuther, SLU
Defense:
Goalie: Finn, Colgate

I'm leaving that last rookie D slot open because I honestly don't know of that many rookie defensemen.

lugnut92
03-05-2014, 04:32 PM
I thought this would be fun. 5 points for every major award you pick right (MVP, Rookie, Goalie, Offensive D-Man, Defensive D-Man, Coach)

Then 3 points for every first team selection you get right, 2 for every second team, 1 for every third team, and 1 for every rookie selection

That's a lot of picking. When's the deadline?

BigAl
03-05-2014, 04:49 PM
That's a lot of picking. When's the deadline?
They usually release the awards the Monday after the quarterfinals

vicb
03-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Awards

MVP: Greg Carey, SLU
Rookie: Sam Anas of QU
Offensive Defenseman: Gavin Bayreuther
Defensive Defenseman: Shayne Gostisbehere, Union
Coach: Don Vaughn Colgate

1st Team

Forward: Ryan Haggerty, RPI
Forward: K Jones QU
Defense: Gostisbehere
Defense: Bayruther

2nd Team

Forward: Mark Naclerio, Brown
Forward: Sam Anas, QU
Defense: Dennis Robertson, Brown
Goalie: Andy Isles, Cornell

3rd Team:

Forward: Dan Ciampini, Union
Forward: Matt Carey, SLU
Forward: Matt Peca, QU
Defense: Joakim Ryan, CU
Defense: Spiro Goulakis, Colgate

Rookie

Forward: Anas
Forward: Carey
Defense: Bayreuther, SLU
Defense: James deHaas, Clarkson
Goalie: Finn, Colgate

hockeyenthusiast
03-06-2014, 06:47 PM
MVP: Greg Carey
Rookie: Sam Anas
Offensive Defenseman: Spiro Goulakos
Defensive Defenseman: Shane Gostisbehere
Coach: Don Vaughan by a mile

1st Team

Forward:Greg Carey, St. Lawrence
Forward: Jesse Root, Yale
Defense: Shane Gostisbehere, Union
Defense: Spiro Goulakos, Colgate

2nd Team

Forward: Matt Peca, Quinnipiac
Forward: Ryan Haggerty, Rensselaer
Forward: Kenny Agostino, Yale
Defense: Joakym Ryan, Cornell
Goalie: Michael Garteig, Quinnipiac

3rd Team:

Forward: Sam Anas, Quinnipiac
Forward: Kellen Jones, Quinnipiac
Forward: T. Spink, Colgate (they'll pick one, depends on whether they value goals or assists more)
Defense: Dennis Robertson, Brown
Defense: Gavin Bayreuther, St. Lawrence

Rookie

Forward: Sam Anas, Quinnipiac
Forward: Matt Carey, St. Lawrence
Defense: Gavin Bayreuther, St. Lawrence
Defense: Devon Toews, Quinnipiac

vicb
03-07-2014, 03:58 AM
You have until 7PM tonight to get your picks into the ECAC Pick The Playoffs Round 1.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2014

BigAl
03-10-2014, 11:34 AM
You have till Sunday night to get your picks in

critsports
03-13-2014, 09:46 AM
Don't feel I can take the time to list out all the awards, etc.

However, one comment. Yes I am an SLU fan..... but I think those of you picking Sam Anas as Rookie of the Year are really giving short shrift to Gavin Bayreuther from SLU. While Anas is certainly good and worthy of consideration......he is playing on a team and line that is very productive as a whole and (not taking away from him) but a lot of his success is helped by his line mates. The case for Bayreuther? He is playing on a much less successful team and not only is he the leading scorer among defensemen in the ECAC.....but, he is the leading scorer among all defenseman in the Country!!!! Again....I'm a bit jaded being an SLU fan, but that accomplishment to me seems far greater than anything Anas has done.

Got 6, Want More
03-13-2014, 11:46 AM
Don't feel I can take the time to list out all the awards, etc.

However, one comment. Yes I am an SLU fan..... but I think those of you picking Sam Anas as Rookie of the Year are really giving short shrift to Gavin Bayreuther from SLU. While Anas is certainly good and worthy of consideration......he is playing on a team and line that is very productive as a whole and (not taking away from him) but a lot of his success is helped by his line mates. The case for Bayreuther? He is playing on a much less successful team and not only is he the leading scorer among defensemen in the ECAC.....but, he is the leading scorer among all defenseman in the Country!!!! Again....I'm a bit jaded being an SLU fan, but that accomplishment to me seems far greater than anything Anas has done.

Not to mention he is the QB for the PP that has been #1 in the nation most of the season and the difference from last year to this year is Bayreuther and exchanging #16 All-American Kyle Flanagan for #16 Rookie Matt Carey which, even though Carey is very good is a downgrade against the ridiculously skilled senior Kyle Flanagan. As he is only a freshmen, it's tough to win the Offensive Defensemen of the year, but he should. Also, the #2 scoring defensemen in the country is SLU's Justin Baker. Leaving him out of consideration for anything seems like an oversight.

People can pick who they want but if I am building a team, I'm taking Bayreuther any day of the week over Anas.

rjohntute
03-13-2014, 01:43 PM
Not to mention he is the QB for the PP that has been #1 in the nation most of the season and the difference from last year to this year is Bayreuther and exchanging #16 All-American Kyle Flanagan for #16 Rookie Matt Carey which, even though Carey is very good is a downgrade against the ridiculously skilled senior Kyle Flanagan. As he is only a freshmen, it's tough to win the Offensive Defensemen of the year, but he should. Also, the #2 scoring defensemen in the country is SLU's Justin Baker. Leaving him out of consideration for anything seems like an oversight.

People can pick who they want but if I am building a team, I'm taking Bayreuther any day of the week over Anas.

Except that they're also a part of the second worst D-corps in the league. Unless I'm mistaken and they're forwards listed as D-men for some bizarre reason.

Got 6, Want More
03-13-2014, 02:12 PM
Except that they're also a part of the second worst D-corps in the league. Unless I'm mistaken and they're forwards listed as D-men for some bizarre reason.

As I said, you are entitled to your opinion but I'm still taking Bayreuther and Sweetman 1 and 2 over any other freshmen in the league. Clearly, we don't have any candidates for DDOY this year which should go to Gohtisbehere without much consideration for anyone else even though he is really a good 2 way d-man. Just based on last weekend, I would have nominated Goldberg from Brown who had an exceptional 2 games, with Robertson right behind him.

Vote how you want but I'm thinking the voters and the NHL scouts both support my point of view on this.

As for Matt Carey and ROTY - based on the first half of the season, he definitely deserves consideration but he tailed off in the last two months and has been a bit snakebit. Still 1 ppg but not sniping the way he was before January.

vicb
03-13-2014, 05:26 PM
A little more than 24 hours to get your picks in. You have until 7PM Friday.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?108745-ECAC-Pick-The-Playoffs-2014

1st round contestants who have not submitted picks:

ajh258
arickeo
bcarlisle
bothman
Brett Gobe
Brian Sullivan
cudmud
hockeyplayer1015
Jack T. Ripper
johnk
Maine-iac
Mike Hutter
Nyhockeyguy
rfs04
Rjm7272
sshablak
TchrBill
TheValleyRaider
ufanbill
UnionTDX04
vicb
Wholin1

critsports
03-13-2014, 09:26 PM

Not denying that fact......however I'll offer up the last couple of Norris Trophy winners as examples. Is either P K Subban or Erik Karlsson known for their defense???? Those two and in particular Karlsson are not known as stellar defensive players but rather won the Norris for their offensive abilities. Even Niklas Lidstrom, arguably the best defensemen in recent history last won the Norris with a plus/minus of -2. For a freshman to be leading the country in scoring among defenseman is arguably one of the biggest achievements of any ECAC player this year.

BigAl
03-14-2014, 11:11 AM
How do people feel about getting rid of 2nd, 3rd and rookie team

Got 6, Want More
03-14-2014, 11:19 AM
How do people feel about getting rid of 2nd, 3rd and rookie team

For me I'd definitely get rid of 3rd team because it is hard to dig that deep into the rosters and stats when typically you only see other teams once a year on home ice. Maybe get rid of the 2nd team. Keep the Rookie team. That's my vote any way.

BigAl
03-14-2014, 11:21 AM
For me I'd definitely get rid of 3rd team because it is hard to dig that deep into the rosters and stats when typically you only see other teams once a year on home ice. Maybe get rid of the 2nd team. Keep the Rookie team. That's my vote any way.

Ok let's keep the rookie team. Please help get as many people as we can by Sunday night. Thanks everyone

BigAl
03-14-2014, 11:23 AM
Ok let's keep the rookie team. Please help get as many people as we can by Sunday night. Thanks everyone

Here's the new format. All people who have already submitted don't need to redo unless you want to switch up your pick which is fine

Awards

MVP:
Rookie:
Goalie:
Offensive Defenseman:
Defensive Defenseman:
Coach:

1st Team

Forward:
Forward:
Forward:
Defense: