Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmira @ Utica

Thoughts? Predictions?

Elmira has 4 of the top 5 players in scoring (conference), with Josh Burnell leading in goals and Jesper Strale in assists. Josh Burnell leads in PP goals, but Utica's Rich Garbutt leads in shorthanded goals this season.

Nick Therrien leads the conference in GAA, but DeMelo has a slightly higher save percentage while having played in half the games.

Elmira leads in team offense (4.19 avg. goals per game) while Utica leads in team defense in only giving up an average of 2.31 goals per game. Elmira also has the best PP %, while Utica has the best PK %.

My prediction is a 4-3 EC win in overtime. They need to stay out of the penalty box, which they haven't been able to do all season. They lead the conference in penalty minutes per game at 20.44.

Any EC fans making the trip?
    Last edited by smbenny; 03-04-2014, 09:43 AM. Reason: Added stats.
    2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Re: Elmira @ Utica

We will be there.

Comment

Penalties will decide this game. One can only hope for decent officiating
      Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
      Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
      Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

I will be there my buddy in utica is getting my tickets today...... I just want a good refereed game the last few have had some really bad calls an I think if we can get to them early an keep on pressing them we will win this game..... I except it to be a very good game tho we have played each other very close all season long wid all three games be decided bye one goal an I don't except that to.change now
        GO EC GO

Comment

Ec. 4-3
          Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
          Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
          Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Utica 6-2
            Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
            2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
              Utica 6-2
              There we go! That's a bold prediction! 6-2 when all games have been decided by one?

That's why they play the games because you never know!
              2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Uticas PP isnt even in the top 60 in D3,how many teams r there anyway?? Which is good for Elmira as there PK is ranked 60th..should be a great game the goalie will make the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  Uticas PP isnt even in the top 60 in D3,how many teams r there anyway?? Which is good for Elmira as there PK is ranked 60th..should be a great game the goalie will make the difference.
                  Utica has 8 SHG and 15 PPG. That equates to UC scoring on 12% of their PPs and UC scoring on 7% of their PKs.
                  I've jokingly remarked all year that UC plays better shorthanded. Not too far from the truth it seems. These numbers are insane.

Comment

Working...
                  X