Minnesota @ Ohio State: 3/7 & 3/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Ohio State: 3/7 & 3/8

You are calling 'sandbag' Scooby an optimist? What does that do to the glass?
    "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
      You are calling 'sandbag' Scooby an optimist? What does that do to the glass?
      Well if we're talking beer glasses you know darn well that hockey fan's are never full, at least never for more than a few seconds!

Comment

optimism would be gopher fans thinking we'll get 7 pts this weekend
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          Nothing wrong with being an optimist, being a realist would require you removing some of those points. LOL
          You've won one game in the entire history of Gopher/Buckeye hockey. 5 points is more than realistic a prediction given those numbers.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            You've won one game in the entire history of Gopher/Buckeye hockey. 5 points is more than realistic a prediction given those numbers.
            I don't know, Scoob. He might be right. You are becoming an optimist. Which means we are doomed, indeed.
            "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

the only issue with 5 points is it means we win a shootout, which hasn't exactly been our strength. I'd say 6 is more likely than 5 just because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                the only issue with 5 points is it means we win a shootout, which hasn't exactly been our strength. I'd say 6 is more likely than 5 just because of that.
                They're 1 for 4 in shootouts this year. Not the end of the World. I'll say 4 points then.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

They're 1 for 4 in shootouts this year. Not the end of the World. I'll say 4 points then.
                  Agreed. I think 5 points all we need to effectively lock up the B1G title. So even if we only pull 4 this weekend I'd still feel pretty safe taking at least 1 from MI.

Comment

HF just got traded, he has a new team to impress now.
                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

History doesn't always repeat and history won't influence this weekend. You're pretty darn lucky we didn't win the Classic! You got a fluke with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                        Agreed. I think 5 points all we need to effectively lock up the B1G title. So even if we only pull 4 this weekend I'd still feel pretty safe taking at least 1 from MI.
                        5 Pts guarantees at least a share of the title, but a tie with Wisconsin in that circumstance would give MN the #2 seed in the B1G tournament. That would required MN only getting 5 pts the rest of the year, and Wisconsin would have to win their last 4 before the shootout. (MN loses the first tiebreaker in that scenario, Gophers would have 13 conference wins, Wisco would have 14).

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                          HF just got traded, he has a new team to impress now.
                          I heard a teaser on the radio, but lost the signal before I heard. So who owns his rights now? Hopefully a team loaded with prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                            I heard a teaser on the radio, but lost the signal before I heard. So who owns his rights now? Hopefully a team loaded with prospects.
                            Buffalo IIRC.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              History doesn't always repeat and history won't influence this weekend. You're pretty darn lucky we didn't win the Classic! You got a fluke with that one.
                              OSU was lucky the game wasn't on regular ice.

I don't think OSU will roll over, but it's not outrageous in the least to suggest the Gophers come away with 5, and that has nothing to do with history beyond the current season.

Comment

The Los Angeles Kings have dealt prospect Hudson Fasching and defenceman Nicolas Deslauriers to the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for defenceman Brayden McNabb and the Kings' own second-round draft picks, which the Sabres acquired in 2013 in exchange for defenceman Robyn Regehr.
                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X