Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    I was kidding, by the way. I think the questions may start to emerge, though.
    no

Comment

Oh, I fully expect the blind questions. But in the end, every situation is different and this is certainly not unique to BC. For example, when you look at what's going on with Harvard recruiting in general...lots of issues there now. Kids going elsewhere, not being able to meet academic requirements, realizing the head coach there is a joke...

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        I think the questions may start to emerge, though.
        Disagree. Naturally the top program over the past 15 years (not really arguable) and the top in the East is going to be the top destination for kids looking to jump ship on a commitment. Particularly for Eastern kids. Most of the kids transferring in are from the East, no?
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Three or more commitments in the last six months from previously committed kids. One of those kids never even decommitted from his school (publicly anyhow). How can the argument be made that BC isn't recruiting committed players when a kid never decommitted from a school to anyone's knowledge? It's been suspected even before the last couple commitments what York was doing

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Disagree. Naturally the top program over the past 15 years (not really arguable) and the top in the East is going to be the top destination for kids looking to jump ship on a commitment. Particularly for Eastern kids. Most of the kids transferring in are from the East, no?
            Last three kids who decommitted and then committed to BC (Milano, Wood, and Bracco), are from NY, MA, NY. Not for nothing, but about half of BC's student body consists of kids from NY and MA who also looked at ND, Brown, and Harvard.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
              Three or more commitments in the last six months from previously committed kids. One of those kids never even decommitted from his school (publicly anyhow). How can the argument be made that BC isn't recruiting committed players when a kid never decommitted from a school to anyone's knowledge? It's been suspected even before the last couple commitments what York was doing
              Again, BC is hardly the only school that has landed players who previously committed elsewhere. Tell me, do you happen to know all the details of these situations? I'm fairly confident you don't and neither do I. But, there are situations where kids can't get into Harvard, or soured on the coaching staff/style of play...and of course situations with coaching staff changes. Happens elsewhere and in other sports. I'm not seeing what the issue is. If a kid wants to open up his recruitment, BC should say no? That's foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by popester View Post
                Last three kids who decommitted and then committed to BC (Milano, Wood, and Bracco), are from NY, MA, NY. Not for nothing, but about half of BC's student body consists of kids from NY and MA who also looked at ND, Brown, and Harvard.
                It's also worth mentioning that Ivy schools really open themselves up to decommits by pressuring freshmen and sophomores in high school into committing early. Oftentimes those players continue to improve and realize they can play at a higher level (e.g. Bracco), or they get denied admissions (e.g. Wood). It works out pretty nicely for programs like BC who have scholarships open up late when players leave early.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
                  It's been suspected even before the last couple commitments what York was doing
                  By whom? Dope.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Maybe it's cause BC is benefitting (though I doubt it) but I don't get the outrage. Recruits changing their mind happens in every sport.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                      Maybe it's cause BC is benefitting (though I doubt it) but I don't get the outrage. Recruits changing their mind happens in every sport.
                      I was somewhat indifferent before, but now I really want Fortunado to commit to BC.

Comment

Originally posted by popester View Post
                        It's also worth mentioning that Ivy schools really open themselves up to decommits by pressuring freshmen and sophomores in high school into committing early. Oftentimes those players continue to improve and realize they can play at a higher level (e.g. Bracco), or they get denied admissions (e.g. Wood). It works out pretty nicely for programs like BC who have scholarships open up late when players leave early.
                        Good point. This is the plus side to the coin for a BC-type program that loses guys early to the pros. And the downside to the schools that lose these kids for recruiting them when they are 14 and 15.

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                        By whom? Dope.
                        Looks like we have another Kangaroo Court going on here at USCHO. Shocking.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by popester View Post
                          I was somewhat indifferent before, but now I really want Fortunado to commit to BC.
                          So do I

Comment

good pick up. had nothing to do with Albie O leaving, could have cared less. Knows Donato for years, Bracco's dad was a goalie at Dartmouth.
                            interesting tid bit. His family was pretty deep in the BC betting scandal, pretty sure his grandad was one of the key figures. have been known to be wrong in past.
                            why go to Harvard if your goal is to only play there two years tops

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              why go to Harvard if your goal is to only play there two years tops
                              hadn't thought of that one. that's valid too.

Comment

caught this on mike mcmahon's twitter. looks like hockey east will be going to the ECAC format for playoffs now with 12 teams rather than keeping that first round as a one game playoff. those series' will now be best of 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X