Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Everyone get home from Philly safe and sound? Atlantic City was fun.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Haven't been to AC for years so I avoided it ) But I stayed at Hampton Inn in Philly Thursday and in northern NJ with my brother the other days. I just about flew up the Garden State Parkway and 95 on Sunday to get back home with no speeding tickets. Great season of hockey and looking forward to the banquet on the 27th.
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

As you said, awesome ride this year. Obviously fell short of the ultimate goal but had a lot of fun ones mixed in there:

The 9 spot they hung on Wisconsin
        Battling back from down 3-1 in 3rd to win at Matthews in OT
        The awesome officiating weekend vs UMass with the improperly but correctly overturned offsides followed up by the next night Santini getting tossed for "excessive roughness"
        The Fenway win if you went to that (I'll remember it as sitting in the warm apartment )
        3 goals in the last 5:30 to win the Beanpot
        Jumping a *****ing Montgomery to a 6-0 lead 35 min into the tournament
        One of the best games of recent memory against UML

Comment

Patrick Brown's breakout year was another highlight of the season. Very good kid, very likeable, good representative for BC.

80 points in 40 games was just absurd for JG. If not for the insane move of putting Linell on a line with him at the end of last year, he probably would have gone back to back Hobeys.
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Agreed, awesome story.

Here's an interesting tidbit. Assuming Matheson stays, 68% of the returning goals will come from the FR class.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
              First NHL shot, first NHL goal........Johnny Be Good
              How come I'm not surprised?
              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
              BC - 12
              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                How come I'm not surprised?
                i 'm not yet to the point of coming to grips with the fact that we are not going to be able to watch him anymore

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  i 'm not yet to the point of coming to grips with the fact that we are not going to be able to watch him anymore
                  One of the best to come through Hockey East, classy kid, but I came to grips awfully quickly (and with a smile on my face).
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    I said that to a buddy of mine late in the season. Due to work scheduling, I wasn't able to see as many games as usual this season. When asked if I regretted missing so many games, I told my pal that what I regretted was missing so many of Gaudreau's games this year. It'll be some time before we see another of his sort.

Comment

saw on ea that bc had the most players of any school appear in the nhl this year...26.

Comment

Still no decision on Matheson, kid said leaving towards leaving but nothing concrete

Comment

think he could use another year at the collegiate level.just my opinion. i do know that some fans will be very upset if he leaves because york doesn't/shouldn't go after any player that leaves after two years, right? (i know that debate was at least on ea).

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            think he could use another year at the collegiate level.just my opinion. i do know that some fans will be very upset if he leaves because york doesn't/shouldn't go after any player that leaves after two years, right? (i know that debate was at least on ea).
                            Then may as well turn Tuch, Milano, and Hanifin away now. One of them could play 3, no chance all do.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Apparently education was important to him. If that's the case, why would he bolt after 2 years? I mean maybe if he was so good he wasn't even being challenged after 2 years of college. It certainly looks like a challenge to him now. I'm still not sure what Matheson's deal is. I'd feel more comfortable having an opinion if I could see his TOI statistics but I don't believe I see 3rd period breakdowns any more than 1st period breakdowns with him. Is he bored and isn't putting in any effort? Whatever the case is, he does have talent, at least offensively, and his mistakes are mind-boggling a lot of the time. Minimal improvement from year 1 to year 2. I don't really get it. I blame York for giving him the #5 jersey.

Comment

we'll see i guess.

going to the banquet for the first time, seems like it should be a good time. anyone been before?

Comment

Working...
                                X