Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

If I have it right, Miles was set to join brother/cousin Tyler who is a Freshman on Brown this season. The kid had a link to Miles' twitter and it appears he may be very religious. Potentially a factor in his decision, but obviously have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
      Kevin Hayes - he's big, he's fast, he's a man child. I've seen him play several times at Nobles and at various showcase events.
      false. not close to the same hockey smarts. 70% of hayes at best. not as big as Hayes either

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        I would've agreed with that, as the net impact on Comm Ave is large, but he went on to call him "the best recruit in the country", when any sane person likely doesn't even have him in the top 3 in BC's incoming class (Tuch, Milano, Hanifin). If this keeps up Pineault may become jealous of how overrated Wood gets.
        Is tuch really that high end or does his stat sheet reflect him plying on a line with Milano and eichel? Be interesting to see how that translates at BC

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          my initial reaction of "best get" or however he described it was that he meant because most pundits thought he'd pick bu.

while appearing to be a late bloomer, obviously wood isn't the best recruit in york era.
          I like "The Kid," but he tends to pump things up quite a bit. I have to take everything he says with a grain of salt. The title of the article on November 17, 2013 read: "Eagles Land Biggest Recruit in Years." It was in reference to Sonny Milano. It's hard to believe Miles Wood is in the same class as many other players Coach York has landed in his time at Chestnut Hill.

If you ever want to get a good outside point-of-view on a former BC player, ask Bernie Corbett about when Brian Gionta visited BU for Midnight Madness weekend. Bernie had a conversation with one of the BU assistants about Gionta. It gives great perspective on what coaches thought of him, before he arrived at The Heights. (It always helps after Bernie has had a couple cold ones in him-- such a great guy.)

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
            Is tuch really that high end or does his stat sheet reflect him plying on a line with Milano and eichel? Be interesting to see how that translates at BC
            Good question. We sometimes have to wait for some of those bigger forwards, at BC, to get going-- Brian Boyle, Jimmy Hayes, Kevin Hayes.
            Last edited by Boston22; 03-06-2014, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              false. not close to the same hockey smarts. 70% of hayes at best. not as big as Hayes either
              Thank GOD Mark came back to fill us with his hockey knowledge!
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

it's not like tuch is ryan duncan here. he's very highly regarded on his own.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Gaudreau isn't ready. He needs to develop his ability to... well, I'm sure there are some things.
                  If JG doesn't sign with the Flames this year Calgary will probably implode.. it is a hot topic around the city, very touchy for Flames fans.

At this point he has nothing left to prove at the college level, lots of kids have left the minors 'under sized' by NHL standards and have done fine. Yea sure, he isn't as beefy as we groom them up here in the CHL, but the Flames nutrition staff can help him with that.

Burke will be throwing a max rookie contract at him as soon as BC finishes their season. After going from earning 0 dollars (how the hell does the NCAA get away with that anyway? LoL. I keep thinking of that South Park episode about "student athletes") to the possibility of earning in the hundreds of thousands to millions.. well lets just say it might be hard to turn down :P I know that JG has said his college education is very important to him, but we had a few college guys come up over the past few years and the Flames were very accommodating in helping them finish their degrees. Hanowski is an example of that from last year. On top of that he has Sieloff (who sadly missed a lot of time this year due to a staff infection) his former WJC teammate to answer his questions and talk up the 'experience' of being a celebrity in Cowtown. To a young kid that is fairly alluring JG will be a rock star here, no doubt about it, even if he doesn't play a NHL game until next season. He is already very well known by the city. And after seeing Sieloff and Monahan running around the city like bats out of hell I would say Patrick has a few nice things to say about the ... ummm.. scenery

I am definitely pumped that I will get to see him at Conte on the 15th though, can't wait.
                  Last edited by GreenLantern; 03-07-2014, 06:31 AM.

Comment

I would've agreed with that, as the net impact on Comm Ave is large, but he went on to call him "the best recruit in the country", when any sane person likely doesn't even have him in the top 3 in BC's incoming class (Tuch, Milano, Hanifin). If this keeps up Pineault may become jealous of how overrated Wood gets.
                    Wood isn't the best recruit coming next year (or the year after), but he was the top uncommitted player available for next year. Just playing devil's advocate

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                      Usually we let BU get the bum off a good line:
                      Collier (Fitzgerald, Vecchione)
                      Jason Lawrence (Gerbe, Kessel)

Hope Eichel pans out for them!!
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                        I like "The Kid," but he tends to pump things up quite a bit. I have to take everything he says with a grain of salt. The title of the article on November 17, 2013 read: "Eagles Land Biggest Recruit in Years." It was in reference to Sonny Milano. It's hard to believe Miles Wood is in the same class as many other players Coach York has landed in his time at Chestnut Hill.
                        Will the next player to commit to BC be the third straight best recruit in years?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Usually we let BU get the bum off a good line:
                          Collier (Fitzgerald, Vecchione)
                          Jason Lawrence (Gerbe, Kessel)

Hope Eichel pans out for them!!

Jason Lawrence had close to 100 points and was a great teammate and a very good player. Not sure how 97 points translates into a bum...

Was the leading goal scorer on the natl championship team with 25 in 2008/2009

Next behind him was Yip with 20, Bonino with 18, Wilson with 17 and Higgins with 14

Not bad for a bum

National champions, 3 Beanpots.

2008/2009

Led team with 25 goals,the most by a Terrier in a season since Chris Drury scored 28 as a senior in 1997-98 ... Ranked tied for first in nation in power-play goals (14) ... Named Most Outstanding Player of NCAA Northeast Regional after tallying three goals in two games, including game-winner in 2-1 win over UNH ... Recorded first career hat trick in 6-3 win at UMass on Feb. 27 ... Three-time Hockey East Player of the Week (10/27, 3/2, 3/30) ... Denver Cup All-Tournament Team ... Inside Hockey Player of the Week (3/2) ... NEHJ Hockey East Player of the Week (3/5) ... Runner-up, INCH National Player of the Week (3/3) ... Runner-up, Hockey East Player of the Month (Jan.) ... Named to Hockey East Honor Roll three times (1/26, 2/9, 2/16).
                          Last edited by Hokydad; 03-06-2014, 12:57 PM.

Comment

looks like we found another one of hoky's bobos

Comment

Will the next player to commit to BC be the third straight best recruit in years?
                              That depends, has Eichel signed his LOI yet?

Comment

Wow, hoky took the wrong bait and let me off the hook for calling Collier a bum. Huh. A little surprised. I guess you must agree with that, hoky. Then again, not the first kid from Malden Catholic to recently play in this league to be a bum.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X