Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NMU travels to Alabama-Huntsville, March 7&8: Break Out the Shorts and Flip-Flops!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NMU travels to Alabama-Huntsville, March 7&8: Break Out the Shorts and Flip-Flops

4-1 is what I expected. Now to do it again tomorrow night.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Re: NMU travels to Alabama-Huntsville, March 7&8: Break Out the Shorts and Flip-Flops

Good win last night. One more win coupled with a UA win and we're off to Alaska for a third time. With a Thursday start in Fairbanks it would be a logistical nightmare especially for NMU coming off the flight from Huntsville.

Comment

Would NMU have to foot the entire bill for last minute airfare for Fairbanks?

Comment

We're in... now we wait to see if we're going to Fairbanks.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            We're in... now we wait to see if we're going to Fairbanks.
            It's very early, but with six minutes to go in the first, UAA is up on UA_ 1-0.

*edit*

"@UAAHockey: Make that 2-0 UAA! Goal by Scott Allen! @scallen15 5:51 left in the 1st. #GovCup #WCHA Assist to Bailey"
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

We're going to Mankato instead.

Comment

Hey, none of us hopped over here because, well, because we've been so bad and lonely as an independent that we stopped looking for these kind of threads. Also, the CHA really didn't do them, preferring an omnibus thread (which was fun with all of the BSU-UAH sniping, which is generally fun because the worst perpetrators really like each other). Sorry to have missed this. I got to meet potternmu, which was cool. Hopefully more of you can make the trip the next time the Wildcats come to Huntsville. I really like our little city, and it is the biggest metro area in the conference (and a darn sight more accessible than Anchorage).

I just wish that we hadn't been so hospitable on the ice. 3-2 after two on Saturday, and then that turnover, ... ay yi yi. I had hopes for 1) a Jack Prince hat trick and 2) not setting the NCAA record for losses in a season, but I got neither. But I did like that the UAH I saw play NMU back in November was a far sight different than the one on the ice this past weekend. We're really bad this year, but I'm happy to see that the guys got better in spite of all the losing.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                  Hey, none of us hopped over here because, well, because we've been so bad and lonely as an independent that we stopped looking for these kind of threads. Also, the CHA really didn't do them, preferring an omnibus thread (which was fun with all of the BSU-UAH sniping, which is generally fun because the worst perpetrators really like each other). Sorry to have missed this. I got to meet potternmu, which was cool. Hopefully more of you can make the trip the next time the Wildcats come to Huntsville. I really like our little city, and it is the biggest metro area in the conference (and a darn sight more accessible than Anchorage).

I just wish that we hadn't been so hospitable on the ice. 3-2 after two on Saturday, and then that turnover, ... ay yi yi. I had hopes for 1) a Jack Prince hat trick and 2) not setting the NCAA record for losses in a season, but I got neither. But I did like that the UAH I saw play NMU back in November was a far sight different than the one on the ice this past weekend. We're really bad this year, but I'm happy to see that the guys got better in spite of all the losing.

GFM
                  You guys are going to be major players in this league sooner than many people think.

I watched the Friday game on America One. Though the single camera view left a little to be desired, I did enjoy your play by play call.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                    You guys are going to be major players in this league sooner than many people think.

I watched the Friday game on America One. Though the single camera view left a little to be desired, I did enjoy your play by play call.
                    That's kind of you to say, because I was absolutely brutal all weekend. I realllllly don't want to be doing that next year. I wouldn't mind doing color, especially if I give myself time to watch film before games. I suck at PBP, and I always have, and doing it the last 2/3 of the season didn't see me markedly improve. Ah well.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                      That's kind of you to say, because I was absolutely brutal all weekend. I realllllly don't want to be doing that next year. I wouldn't mind doing color, especially if I give myself time to watch film before games. I suck at PBP, and I always have, and doing it the last 2/3 of the season didn't see me markedly improve. Ah well.

GFM
                      You weren't be any worse than Ashley Scharge. That guy was brutal!
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        You weren't be any worse than Ashley Scharge. That guy was brutal!
                        Him and John Focke... both turrible announcers.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          Him and John Focke... both turrible announcers.
                          The dark ages of NMU announcers.

Comment

Working...
                          X