Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech @ Minnesota State let's wrap this up........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech @ Minnesota State let's wrap this up........

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    They have some speed, yes, but they're a middling WCHA team on the road. If the Mavericks can't sweep the Huskies with what's on the line this weekend, they don't deserve to hoist the MacNaughton.
    hefty sandbagging here I see...
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

With spring break starting, there should be plenty of good seats available.
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Both of these teams are going to be pretty amped up. I don't see an easy sweep for Kato unless Tech gets bad goaltending.
        I do think Kato's the stronger team statistically, but the top half of the WCHA are all really very close in skill. Any of these teams can beat each other on any given night.
        I'm predicting a split, with Tech winning the first night.

Comment

I feel a little bad that Tech's success will likely hand a CCHA team the first nWCHA Cup, but so be it.
          We've waited long enough for a taste of the top.
          GAME DAY! Let's do this Huskies!
          Beat those Purple Cows!
          Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            I feel a little bad that Tech's success will likely hand a CCHA team the first nWCHA Cup, but so be it.
            We've waited long enough for a taste of the top.
            GAME DAY! Let's do this Huskies!
            Beat those Purple Cows!
            Ryan J

Wait a minute...Those are Gopher gloves he's wearing! I say "Fake!"

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
              Aren't you all legally required to be closet Gopher fans over there anyways? Everyone seems to think I'm a U of M (the real one) fan because of where I'm from....
              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                Aren't you all legally required to be closet Gopher fans over there anyways? Everyone seems to think I'm a U of M (the real one) fan because of where I'm from....
                You're from Maine?
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                  It must be Viking. Or State of Hockey.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Casual observation about an intangible in this series from a non-partisan 3rd party.

Mike Hastings has a monstrous amount of experience as a head coach in a series such as this one and what it represents. And a track record in those situations that is stellar, to say the least.

Mel Pearson does not (as a head coach, anyway).

I don't know for sure if this is, or, might be a factor, but it is worth thinking about.

Part of belonging is being able to look and act the part. A lot easier if you have done it before.

Comment

Tech has had disappointing letdowns in a lot of big games this year while padding their stats in low-stress series. I'm trying not to "expect" anything different this weekend. They have not shown that ability to take command when it matters. Please prove me wrong Huskies.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        It must be Viking. Or State of Hockey.
                        Could also be gloves from Minnesota-Crookston, or Minnesota-Morris.
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

BG says Go Mavericks.
                          Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Looks like Tech battled hard last night, one bounce before the last 5 minutes and it is a different story.
                            Need Pietila, Petan, Kero, D. Johnstone to have something to say about the outcome tonight.
                            Go Tech, we still believe.
                            Last edited by Huskiefan906; 03-08-2014, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                              Looks like Tech battled hard last night, one bounce before the last 5 minutes and it is a different story.
                              Need Pietila, Petan, Kero, D. Johnstone to have something to say about the outcome tonight.
                              Go Tech, we still believe.
                              Glad to see a number of Tech fans at the game last night. Travel ain't easy in this league, but you guys represented well. And brought your own Cowbell Guy!

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                Could also be gloves from Minnesota-Crookston, or Minnesota-Morris.
                                If it matters to anyone, they are actually "W"s.
                                The Williams Purple Cow was the first D-III mascot to be shown in an ESPN commercial back in 2010.
                                Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X