PDA

View Full Version : WMU @ UND: Murray is preparing the Broncos for the series by having them watch Fargo.

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Tiggsy
03-06-2014, 12:29 PM
It doesn't matter what happens with SCSU on Friday. UND wins another conference championship? Yawn. What else is new?

Funny it took the Gophers leaving the conference for it to finally happen again.

willythekid
03-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Funny it took the Gophers leaving the conference for it to finally happen again.

You should lay off the dope... your memory is quite short.

Tiggsy
03-06-2014, 01:48 PM
You should lay off the dope... your memory is quite short.

ND's last was 3 years ago and MN had the last 2. Not sure what I'm missing.

edit: better mention that I do know MN shared one with SCSU so you don't nitpick that either.

burd
03-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Does the Ralph often see all 12,000 seats with butts in them? !

Don't know about this weekend, but you can always count on a lot of seats with azzholes in them when the gophers come to town.

Biddco
03-06-2014, 05:06 PM

Your trolling is weak.

Dirty
03-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Your trolling is weak.

It's almost as weak as the glue Barbaro was made into.

Goon
03-06-2014, 08:21 PM
So how does a post about WMU and UND get hi-jacked into a the Gophers and UND suck thread? :) Holy Cow!

MinnesotaNorthStar
03-06-2014, 11:08 PM
So how does a post about WMU and UND get hi-jacked into a the Gophers and UND suck thread? :) Holy Cow!
You must be new here....:p

MplsSioux
03-07-2014, 08:06 AM
Thanks everyone for the recommendations! After 8 hours of traveling through pitch black BADger territory... I find myself in Minneapolis. Almost there.

Hockey Talk - So my friend looked and it seems that the Ralph for the most part is completely sold out. I imagine if the Huskies lose on Friday that Saturdays game will be something to see... Does the Ralph often see all 12,000 seats with butts in them? I don't have very high hopes for the Broncos. Too much is on the line for UND to play anything but their best hockey of the season. I have no clue who will start in net for the Broncos. Halfner was in net for us for the last game in Lawson and he helped get us the W, that leads me to believe Murray will choose him. However, Sublowski has faced UND before... and lost everytime... but nonetheless faced them. Its a crap shoot who will decide to have a good game.

Go Broncos!

To try and answer your actual question(instead of flaming each other's fan base) yes the arena is generally sold out, especially with the Penrose Cup on the line. Have a fun drive from MPLS to GF.

SPOILER ALERT: It sucks

Biddco
03-07-2014, 08:22 AM
To try and answer your actual question(instead of flaming each other's fan base) yes the arena is generally sold out, especially with the Penrose Cup on the line. Have a fun drive from MPLS to GF.

SPOILER ALERT: It sucks

Hopefully they beat the ice and treacherous roads that are out there today. Drive safe!

Hope they already bought tickets too...

The best thing about North Dakotans is that they will buy you drinks. Make sure you take advantage of that.

Tiggsy
03-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Your trolling is weak.

I know, that's why I'm trying to practice. I need to live up to the stereotype of Gopher fans taking over threads as I only started trying recently.

Lawson_lunatic27
03-07-2014, 08:20 PM
First period over and i have to say I'm impressed with everything the Ralph has to offer. But the Lunatics are a WAY more active than the students here. The sioux have an impressive arena.... But Lawson has the crowd.

Biddco said something about free drinks... Send them to section 311!

Go Broncos!!!

willythekid
03-07-2014, 10:24 PM
First period over and i have to say I'm impressed with everything the Ralph has to offer. But the Lunatics are a WAY more active than the students here. The sioux have an impressive arena.... But Lawson has the crowd.

Biddco said something about free drinks... Send them to section 311!

Go Broncos!!!

1) It's a down year
2) This crop of students are much more lame than years past
3) We're playing western michigan

Tipsy McStagger
03-07-2014, 10:31 PM

Hasn't actually happened yet.

Lawson_lunatic27
03-07-2014, 10:39 PM
1) It's a down year
2) This crop of students are much more lame than years past
3) We're playing western michigan

1) Lunatics are always up even when the team is down.
2) Lunatics are always replenished with equally awesome lunatics
3) even more reason to be on your A game.

Husckey Domi Nation
03-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Hail to the Broncos!!!!

Thank yoUUUUUUU, KalamazOOOOOOO!

Lawson_lunatic27
03-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Judging from the lack of commentary on this thread after the series my guess is that the Sioux fans would like to just put this weekend behind them and act like it didn't happen. I know the feeling as a Bronco fan watching my team be swept by a pitiful ScUM team to destroy our chances at the last CCHA tournament championship and our NCAA at large bid last year.

I want to thank the Sioux, their fans, the University of North Dakota and Grand Forks for one of the best college hockey weekends ever. The people were pleasent, respectful and welcoming even after the upset. The Ralph is the finest sports venue I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. No expense was spared and it shows. Your fans (though painfully quiet) are great fans.... I didn't see a single person in the Ralph without a Sioux logo on their person. THAT is something I wish Western fans did more, wear the school logo, buy jerseys... don't come in just street clothes with a bronco hat. Grand Forks is a neat little town. I spent a lot of time in the Ralph this weekend. We had some connections that allowed us to take a tour of just about every part of the building that was wasn't occupied by the Sioux team. We even got to watch the broncos and Sioux practice. Played some bubble hockey. I really liked all of the photos placed around the arena and in the tunnels leading to the locker rooms, its great to see the rich history the Sioux have. What an experience.

All that being said, Lawson has the crowd the Ralph deserves. I didn't leave the Ralph either night with my ears ringing, leaving Lawson always has me questioning wether or not I have permanent hearing loss. I would guess that the place is pretty excited for a school with a bigger name than Western, but with a inaugural season championship on the line.... the fans NEEDED to feed the team. Too many fans worrying about their next beer rather than the Sioux giving up a shorty on a 5min major. The cheers and excitement of the fans are supposed to get the team going, not the other way around. Stop serving alcohol during the game and make people focus on the top 10 hockey team thats on the ice. With 12,000 fans that place should need to have the roof reconstructed after every game.

I look forward to future match-ups with the Sioux. I wish them well in the post season so long as they're not facing the Broncos. Good luck!

MplsSioux
03-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Judging from the lack of commentary on this thread after the series my guess is that the Sioux fans would like to just put this weekend behind them and act like it didn't happen. I know the feeling as a Bronco fan watching my team be swept by a pitiful ScUM team to destroy our chances at the last CCHA tournament championship and our NCAA at large bid last year.

I want to thank the Sioux, their fans, the University of North Dakota and Grand Forks for one of the best college hockey weekends ever. The people were pleasent, respectful and welcoming even after the upset. The Ralph is the finest sports venue I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. No expense was spared and it shows. Your fans (though painfully quiet) are great fans.... I didn't see a single person in the Ralph without a Sioux logo on their person. THAT is something I wish Western fans did more, wear the school logo, buy jerseys... don't come in just street clothes with a bronco hat. Grand Forks is a neat little town. I spent a lot of time in the Ralph this weekend. We had some connections that allowed us to take a tour of just about every part of the building that was wasn't occupied by the Sioux team. We even got to watch the broncos and Sioux practice. Played some bubble hockey. I really liked all of the photos placed around the arena and in the tunnels leading to the locker rooms, its great to see the rich history the Sioux have. What an experience.

All that being said, Lawson has the crowd the Ralph deserves. I didn't leave the Ralph either night with my ears ringing, leaving Lawson always has me questioning wether or not I have permanent hearing loss. I would guess that the place is pretty excited for a school with a bigger name than Western, but with a inaugural season championship on the line.... the fans NEEDED to feed the team. Too many fans worrying about their next beer rather than the Sioux giving up a shorty on a 5min major. The cheers and excitement of the fans are supposed to get the team going, not the other way around. Stop serving alcohol during the game and make people focus on the top 10 hockey team thats on the ice. With 12,000 fans that place should need to have the roof reconstructed after every game.

I look forward to future match-ups with the Sioux. I wish them well in the post season so long as they're not facing the Broncos. Good luck!

Spot on with the analysis except I don't think the alcohol is to blame for the weak crowds, it's been a weird year and crowds have been really tame. Ask Don Lucia and George "The Dasher Troll" Gwozdecky if they think the crowd needs to be crazier. Not sure if it's the new conference or the team's mediocre year but hopefully it's just an oddity, rather than a trend.

I give you exhibit A (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNumTfae7Z0) and exhibit B (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1_x1oo35L0)

I get chills watching the 2nd one because I was at the game and the noise was deafening... but like you said, The Ralph deserves that crowd.

Biddco
03-10-2014, 09:21 PM

Did anyone buy you a drink? :p

Your comments about the Ralph remind me of a thought I've had... are new rinks devoid of atmosphere of their old buildings because of how they are designed? Because they lack the history of the old buildings? Or because we as humans have a fondness for what once was and believe it better than it actually was?

I'd guess its a combination of all three things...but the biggest factor is history.

Lawson_lunatic27
03-11-2014, 11:22 AM
Did anyone buy you a drink? :p

Your comments about the Ralph remind me of a thought I've had... are new rinks devoid of atmosphere of their old buildings because of how they are designed? Because they lack the history of the old buildings? Or because we as humans have a fondness for what once was and believe it better than it actually was?

I'd guess its a combination of all three things...but the biggest factor is history.

Nope but thats okay!

I think there's a lot of things that go into killing an atmosphere. The biggest is charging students to attend games and sticking them in a less than desirable section. If it's money that causes you to do this then go find another way to generate revenue but don't put anymore burden on the students wallets. I honestly think this is why the Lawson Lunatics are as strong as they are, we give our students prime seating free of charge and let them create the atmosphere everyone enjoys.