PDA

View Full Version : ECAC Playoffs: Dartmouth @ RPI 3/7-9/14

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ralph Baer
03-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Discuss. ;)

If somehow I have the opponent wrong, I will delete this thread.

I used hawthr's spreadsheet and trusted my ability to use it correctly. :eek:

DeepRed72
03-01-2014, 08:32 PM
You've got it correct. Remember what Kermit said, "It isn't easy being Green." Now lets prove it. Go you Red!!!

hawthr
03-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Discuss. ;)

Thanks for the shoutout and assuming I figured out every breakdown correctly! :p

What color is the goal light? RED. Let's kick Dartmouth's Big Green ***.

ColSkate65
03-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Good luck to you guys in the first round. We may be meeting up with you down the road, based on early "intelligence" :)

Don't take the Green lightly. They were a beast to finish off tonight. Watch out for their slow motion PP.

RPI_2003
03-02-2014, 05:31 AM
We've gone 11-3 against Dartmouth this season: one game was back in nearly November when we were looking good and the other was in late January where we turned around a 4-game loosing streak.

engineerhockeyfan
03-02-2014, 11:27 AM
We've gone 11-3 against Dartmouth this season: one game was back in nearly November when we were looking good and the other was in late January where we turned around a 4-game loosing streak.
After our recent playoff losses to Brown, I would not put too much stock in our season statistics against anyone.
We know what we need to do, now lets just go out and do it.

lets go red!!!!!!!!!!!

John Cloninger RPI 96
03-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Discuss. ;)

Where might one be able to obtain this seemingly neat little spreadsheet?

FlagDUDE08
03-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Where might one be able to obtain this seemingly neat little spreadsheet?

He put up a dropbox link on the score thread.

John Cloninger RPI 96
03-02-2014, 11:42 AM
He put up a dropbox link on the score thread.

Cool! Thanks!

Kepler
03-02-2014, 11:46 AM

The Dartmouth we played Friday night was a much better team than the one from earlier in the year. In January they were just draped all over us and taking cheap shots (I know, who could imagine this from a Gaudet team?) but now they are actually playing with some cognizance of the ice and trying at least to open up time and space. I'd say they're probably the most dangerous of the road teams next weekend, especially since they are friggin' frustrating to play against and it's easy to get sucked into trading gloves and shoves and PIMs with them, which a skilled RPI team should avoid at all costs.

I still think RPI will win the series, though, unless Grant channels Ken Dryden twice.

JCrawford
03-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Tickets for this series apparently won't go on sale until Tuesday at the HFH box office.

Red Cloud
03-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Good luck to you guys in the first round. We may be meeting up with you down the road, based on early "intelligence" :)

Don't take the Green lightly. They were a beast to finish off tonight. Watch out for their slow motion PP.

Let's not kid ourselves, RPI is the underdogs this weekend for a plethora of reasons.

lugnut92
03-04-2014, 01:42 PM
So dead in here. It would be nice to get this one done in two. Prove (mostly to ourselves) that we can win a home playoff series. Take that confidence to Hamdiltonica and fight hard and just maybe break through. I want to go to Lake Placid, dammit.

FlagDUDE08
03-04-2014, 02:39 PM
According to RPI's game notes (e-mailed, but I'm sure there's a copy on rpiathletics.com somewhere), the EZ$$ is monopolizing video streaming, so you'd have to pay an exorbitant amount for ****ty quality on B2.

DrDemento
03-05-2014, 03:44 PM
According to RPI's game notes (e-mailed, but I'm sure there's a copy on rpiathletics.com somewhere), the EZ$$ is monopolizing video streaming, so you'd have to pay an exorbitant amount for ****ty quality on B2.

If it ain't on RPITV count me out completely. B2 has been just horrible for me and a complete waste of money. The money is better spent on Twinkies to mosh on while listening to WRPI's audio feed.

turk181
03-05-2014, 03:56 PM
If it ain't on RPITV count me out completely. B2 has been just horrible for me and a complete waste of money. The money is better spent on Twinkies to mosh on while listening to WRPI's audio feed.I've never watched on B2, America1.....whatever it's called but from everything I 've read by posters from ALL teams it's a horrible product. So my question is, does anyone know how much money the league makes off this contract? Maybe I'm naive but I have to think the League is aware it's a horrible venue but yet they're willing to subject it's fans to such a poor product.

FlagDUDE08
03-05-2014, 04:10 PM
I've never watched on B2, America1.....whatever it's called but from everything I 've read by posters from ALL teams it's a horrible product. So my question is, does anyone know how much money the league makes off this contract? Maybe I'm naive but I have to think the League is aware it's a horrible venue but yet they're willing to subject it's fans to such a poor product.

I've read in past years that it would cost $10,000 (I assume per game) for another stream, the same amount as was fined a few years ago for a ustream. No comment on any ustream or twitch shenanigans upcoming.

Ralph Baer
03-05-2014, 04:25 PM
I've never watched on B2, America1.....whatever it's called but from everything I 've read by posters from ALL teams it's a horrible product. So my question is, does anyone know how much money the league makes off this contract? Maybe I'm naive but I have to think the League is aware it's a horrible venue but yet they're willing to subject it's fans to such a poor product.

The league is also willing to make us suffer through horrible reffing. I suspect neither problem will be fixed soon. :(

Stay@homeDad
03-05-2014, 08:55 PM
If it ain't on RPITV count me out completely. B2 has been just horrible for me and a complete waste of money. The money is better spent on Twinkies to mosh on while listening to WRPI's audio feed.

It might not be on RPITV but I believe it will be the RPITV feed being viewed through America One. It is not like America One sends crews to the venues they stream.

lugnut92
03-05-2014, 10:38 PM
It might not be on RPITV but I believe it will be the RPITV feed being viewed through America One. It is not like America One sends crews to the venues they stream.

Maybe, but America One doesn't carry HD feeds (I'm pretty sure).