PDA

View Full Version : UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

GoNanooks
03-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Hey there is a hockey game tomorrow. In case you all forgot and need to be reminded. Lets go nanooks! Kick the seawolves butts, or ummm fins, tails? Well whatever those creatures have. Looking forward to a full house tomorrow night. And for those of you who wouldn't wanna see the horribly engineered airport way you can always drive down first avenue and miss that sight. Go Nanooks.

Squarebanks
03-06-2014, 11:16 PM
Cos Airpot Ways two frontage roads and fencing isn't the absolutely most absurd bit of road engineering for all of human history?

Not even close.

Jimjamesak
03-07-2014, 12:01 AM
Hey there is a hockey game tomorrow. In case you all forgot and need to be reminded. Lets go nanooks! Kick the seawolves butts, or ummm fins, tails? Well whatever those creatures have. Looking forward to a full house tomorrow night. And for those of you who wouldn't wanna see the horribly engineered airport way you can always drive down first avenue and miss that sight. Go Nanooks.
Unfortunately everything in Fairbanks is off Airport Way. Carlson Center, Growden, hotel, soccer fields, Big Dipper, airport, entrance to the highway. Pretty much everything you do in Fairbanks.

Alaska Hockey
03-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Also that stupid hill that backs up traffic every day.
You knew that when you moved to the valley. It's not a stupid hill ...maybe unintelligent commuterís carpet bagging jobs in Anchorage is the dilemma.

Alaska Hockey
03-07-2014, 01:07 AM
Dude........ UA_ Engineer's designed that road and were told that it's one of their best efforts ever to come out of that school.

GoNanooks
03-07-2014, 01:27 AM
Unfortunately everything in Fairbanks is off Airport Way. Carlson Center, Growden, hotel, soccer fields, Big Dipper, airport, entrance to the highway. Pretty much everything you do in Fairbanks.

Everything I do? Crazy, I must not be paying attention when I am driving. I'm pretty sure I only drive on airport way once or twice a week. But I know you people down south need something to try and make yourselves feel better about. Apparently the hockey team doesn't do that for you. So just keep on complaining about the one road there is in fairbanks. While UAF celebrates 5 governors cups in a row

uaafanblog
03-07-2014, 01:37 AM
Not even close.Show me a modern road system that covers a couple of miles that is more obtusely designed somewhere on planet earth. Please.

UAA08
03-07-2014, 03:13 AM
Yes the "richer" side of town...there are parts of town in every city that are more wealthy than other parts...or I don't know, maybe anchorage doesn't have that. But there is a transfer site at an area of town where houses are $350,000+ so leftovers there are probably gonna be better quality of the the things found at transfer sites out by gold stream or farmers loop.

Thanks for sharing your experience from before Alaska was a state, good to know a creepy bar lady likes the color green.

Directions please, for the high class dump. And don't let the usuals know that we're coming. I want "dibs".

Suze
03-07-2014, 11:43 AM
I see GCI is showing the game at 10PM tonight. Didnt check to see what time on Saturday. Looking for 2 close battles. We need some points this weekend. Hope coach has them ready to go.

That happened before, and the game came on at 7:00. I am hoping it's just another GCI screw up.

Hal9K
03-07-2014, 12:31 PM
It looks like they are showing some kind of basketball tourney live so I don't hold out hope that it's going to be live. Same for Saturday night. Oh well.

Suze
03-07-2014, 01:19 PM
It looks like they are showing some kind of basketball tourney live so I don't hold out hope that it's going to be live. Same for Saturday night. Oh well.

I think there is a high school tourney going on - it's really sad if that trumps DI hockey ... and the Gov Cup to boot!

hop-less
03-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Does anybody know if The Cross Bar will be playing the game live?

Seawolf Fan
03-07-2014, 02:44 PM
I think there is a high school tourney going on - it's really sad if that trumps DI hockey ... and the Gov Cup to boot!
Dallas says it will be live GCI channel 1
She's usually in the know on that stuff but yeah GCI???????????

seawolfpunk
03-07-2014, 04:19 PM
GCI is not showing the game live, they are showing the replay at 10.

Suze
03-07-2014, 06:55 PM
GCI is not showing the game live, they are showing the replay at 10.

According to GCI, that's because the game isn't sold out. So it's all _airbanks fault. :p

seawolfpunk
03-07-2014, 07:08 PM
According to GCI, that's because the game isn't sold out. So it's all _airbanks fault. :p

If that was the reason then they wouldn't have shown any of uafs previous games live in ANC or matsu.

Suze
03-07-2014, 07:21 PM
If that was the reason then they wouldn't have shown any of uafs previous games live in ANC or matsu.

Like I said, IF you can believe what they tell you. When she said that I asked her how they knew the game wasn't sold out. She said if it were the University would have contacted them. *rollingmyeyessmileymoment*

UAA Fan in Florida
03-07-2014, 08:15 PM
The Crossbar is supposed to have it live.

Suze
03-07-2014, 08:44 PM
The Crossbar is supposed to have it live.

I think I'll watch it on America One. We have our granddaughter again, until Sunday afternoon.

Seawolf Fan
03-07-2014, 09:42 PM
I think I'll watch it on America One. We have our granddaughter again, until Sunday afternoon.
Has anyone heard from Alaskana on the chat?
Did I miss it?