This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Squarebanks, your family and Alaska Hockey staying at Pike's I'm sure you'll get together for a couple.
    If I was there I'd invite UA_IceAngel and her husband to join us.
    Along with Suze and her spouse it'd be an interesting and fun group.
    Genuinely am envious.
    Those outsiders don't understand.
    How could they? Good people but they aren't Alaskan.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      And good on ya for that!
      But they sure were annoying.
      But effective, those things were very loud. Mr. Suze still has the can filled with beans (or pebbles?) - with the Seawolf "label" on it. Remember those cans? They were loud too, but they never took off like the bells did. That dang can has a few dents from being thrown onto the cement floor of the Sully a few times.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
        Don’t get Alaska Hockey started. He’ll reflect back to the days when the Seawolves invented ice, used baleen as hockey sticks, frozen bear scat as a hockey pucks, and got this whole “college hockey” thing going.

Forget the cowbells, the Seawolves invented the cow. She later became ACC homecoming queen but that’s a whole udder story. He remembers the great Alaska quake and how all the Seawolve players fell to the ice clutching and grabbing on their way down. To this day they commemorate that event with reenactments every Friday & Saturday night.

Yes, we all owe a lot to the Seawolves. Without them we wouldn’t have...ummm…let’s see…well, the Nooks wouldn’t have 32 points when we all wake up Sunday morning. Thank you Seawolves.

Go Nooks!
        GEEZ...... WOW you don't forget a lot of things do you, pretty much how it went down according to someone who was there and said the same thing but added a few small minor items you overlooked.. UAA sports teams do their fair share of wilting on Thursday, Friday, & Saturday but Bethels Big Brother wilts over twice as many as they win with their little brother accept men B Ball uaa lets them win only once every eight years here lately. Also The Alums now have a little scrap rolling the last Saturday of the Gov. Cup and as a one of the longest ongoing college traditions going on in the state of Alaska and the Slough Drunks lost like it was scripted. So If you are in the frozen Tijuana stagger over to the Chuckie Cheese Center sat afternoon and watch Butterbean and every other former polar bear who is not in jail attempt to even the score .
        Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 03-05-2014, 02:27 AM.
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Alaska Hockey,
          Are you making the trip North? If you guys bring a bus load it should be good crowd and make for a great atmosphere.

Comment

Alaska Hockey,
            Are you making the trip North? If you guys bring a bus load it should be good crowd and make for a great atmosphere.
            See you at the pregame training table driving up late Friday afternoon.
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Count me in.
              Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                Count me in.
                Excellent a new guy...I am in no doubt the last new guy is geared up for a replacement now that his probation is over and he is a full member to the table. There are rituals you will have to endure to stay. Good Luck,we hope you make it.

Comment

Just over 1,000 tickets left for Saturday, about 1,300 for Friday.

Usually have about 800 walkups, so wouldn't be surprised to see a sell out, or very close to it...
                  Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

So with the teams switching ends from how it's normally been at the Carlson Center, and UAA's locker room being next to the UAF student section, are they taking any precautions against an incident? In the past the locker room was next to the UAA section and that provided a buffer.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      So with the teams switching ends from how it's normally been at the Carlson Center, and UAA's locker room being next to the UAF student section, are they taking any precautions against an incident? In the past the locker room was next to the UAA section and that provided a buffer.
                      I have invited 3 former bouncers from RumRunners to sit with me who are itching to have fun.......let's dance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        I have invited 3 former bouncers from RumRunners to sit with me who are itching to have fun.......let's dance.
                        I'm also wondering if the Carlson Center knows there will be a large contingent of UAA fans. Both arenas are bad at dealing with things like this.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                          After the way UA_IceAngel made such a to-do over the way their overly aggressive, pathetic, mascot was welcomed at the Sully I'm sure she will be there to insure there is no such incident at the Chucky Cheese.

Comment

Hopefully everyone behaves and no nonsense is put up with from either side. There is never any excuse for aggressive or intimidating behavior towards visiting fans. While “by definition” Seawolve fans suck, they are in most part pretty decent folks and die hard hockey fans. I personally applaud all players during introductions, but I can almost guarantee that you’ll hear a loud chorus of boos for the Seawolves from the students and half the adults. Such is college hockey.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Hopefully everyone behaves and no nonsense is put up with from either side. There is never any excuse for aggressive or intimidating behavior towards visiting fans. While “by definition” Seawolve fans suck, they are in most part pretty decent folks and die hard hockey fans. I personally applaud all players during introductions, but I can almost guarantee that you’ll hear a loud chorus of boos for the Seawolves from the students and half the adults. Such is college hockey.

Go Nooks!
                              For the fan part I don't expect any less, let's drop the puck already!
                              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                                After the way UA_IceAngel made such a to-do over the way their overly aggressive, pathetic, mascot was welcomed at the Sully I'm sure she will be there to insure there is no such incident at the Chucky Cheese.
                                I would hope precautions are taken to avoid any possible conflict or minimize it as much as possible. As much as I am an eye for an eye person, I hope that UAF fans won't stoop to the same low as the UAA fans did and not jump the Sea-creaturethingymajig.

Comment

Working...
                                X