PDA

View Full Version : UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51

Squarebanks
02-25-2015, 02:45 AM
Rep Seaton's comments were more about cuts to "non-core" areas, including athletics as an example, but he didn't get into micro managing the cuts. Here is the 1 hour committee meeting. Others also commented on cuts to athletics.

http://www.360north.org/gavel-archives/?event_id=2147483647_2015021379

The House committee reduced their original recommended cut of $43m to $25m. I missed if that was replacing the Governors $9m cut or in addition to the Governors $9m cut. Some confusing comments but I didn't go back and listen. A summary should be in tomorrow's paper.

This is far, far, from over. The House action means little.

As I understand it, it's $25 million on top of Walker's $18 million cut.

However, the Senate is more friendly to UA and will likely come back with a more reasonable number (relatively speaking).

Squarebanks
02-25-2015, 02:51 AM
Paul Seaton Republican Representative from Homer
UA_ graduate

http://www.housemajority.org/members/seaton/

Along with several other post graduate programs he's a commercial fisherman so he most likely is aware of the value of athletics to our institutions.
He doesn't appear to be Draconian so I'm hopeful he will be aware how much esteem athletics adds to our universities.
It never hurts to put forth our position on an issue.

Probably why he proposed taking more money from UAA. ;)

Joking aside, though, as much as we enjoy hating each other the fact is that we are in this mess together.

AKSWF
02-25-2015, 09:32 AM
Perhaps it's time to axe the pfd, it was made for future generations to account for loss of growth and jobs when the oil is gone (which was one-sided thinking once oil was found). Well oil production is going down, Alaska has so much space available we should be one of the world's leaders in renewable energy resources. I think it's only natural we graduate to that and something else after oil. Perhaps aviation, makes sense to me. I never really knew why us Alaskans got money from something that was in our land (do we get a pfd for our salmon!?). While I certainly have liked getting a bonus in my account every October, now is the time to look closely if we need the pfd. I know for lower income families this is the least likely option they want, but cuts have to made somewhere. Spending our saved up bank account seems like a even less likely option (truly last option, isn't that why when a natural disaster happens a state will declare a state of emergency, for a handout from the government instead of paying for everything from the natural disaster?)

Anyways, there is my solution I came up with at 5 in the morning because my apartment building gets too hot when it is above 25 outside. Also sorry for any mistakes, on the mobile phone!

Seawolf Fan
02-26-2015, 12:03 AM
"Look on the bright side, I am voting for UAA as "Friendliest Road Game Fans - 2015".
Ryan J "
quote from Johnson's Jerseys

So put that in your pipe UA_
Completely unbiased truth

mmf
02-26-2015, 01:58 AM
"Look on the bright side, I am voting for UAA as "Friendliest Road Game Fans - 2015".
Ryan J "
quote from Johnson's Jerseys

So put that in your pipe UA_
Completely unbiased truth

5-1, 10-0
…sounds like both the team and the fans were giving it away all weekend. :)

But shouldn’t you be directing this “unbiased truth” at LSSU, FSU, BSU, UAH, NMU, or some other team that MTU actually played on the road in 2014-2015? ;)

Seawolf Fan
03-01-2015, 02:48 AM
Heck of a promotion for next weekends Seawolf vs. dump bears at the Sully
4 tickets
4 hotdogs
4 sodas
for $40
Don't have all the details but the way I understand it it's only going to be available online through the Seawolf site.
Offer is even being extended to the UA_ fans.
That has to be the best deal ever for a UAA vs. UA_ tilt.

Alaska Hockey
03-01-2015, 03:58 PM
Well it's that time of the year for the UAA vs UA_ for the final showdown of the year. Alaska Pride is on the line. start churping.........

Squarebanks
03-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Well it's that time of the year for the UAA vs UA_ for the final showdown of the year. Alaska Pride is on the line. start churping.........

I hope ACC has been practicing their shootout skills.

Assuming UAF doesn't implode and take dumb penalties a la January, this should be a couple of great games.

Seawolf Fan
03-01-2015, 04:25 PM

Assuming UAF doesn't implode and take dumb penalties a la January, this should be a couple of great games.
UA?
Think you've got a typo there Squarebanks.
Or at least according to the powers that be you do.
I much prefer the UA_

Seawolf Fan
03-01-2015, 04:26 PM
Are you going to take advantage of the 4, 4, 4 for $40?
It doesn't take that super computer up there to figure out that's a heckof a deal.

Squarebanks
03-01-2015, 04:29 PM
UA?
Think you've got a typo there Squarebanks.
Or at least according to the powers that be you do.
I much prefer the UA_

We can be UA_ just like you are ACC. Just a nod to historical names.

Squarebanks
03-01-2015, 04:30 PM
Are you going to take advantage of the 4, 4, 4 for $40?
It doesn't take that super computer up there to figure out that's a heckof a deal.

My tickets are comped, my friend. I know some others that will though.

Squarebanks
03-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Heck of a promotion for next weekends Seawolf vs. dump bears at the Sully
4 tickets
4 hotdogs
4 sodas
for $40
Don't have all the details but the way I understand it it's only going to be available online through the Seawolf site.
Offer is even being extended to the UA_ fans.
That has to be the best deal ever for a UAA vs. UA_ tilt.

Is this on your website yet? I didn't see it...was going to do some free promotion for you.

Edit: Found it on the Ticketmaster site.

Seawolf Fan
03-01-2015, 04:49 PM
Is this on your website yet? I didn't see it...was going to do some free promotion for you.

Edit: Found it on the Ticketmaster site.
Was told it would be up "this week" on the Seawolf site.
Go with the jokes on that thinking.
Unfortunately we deserve it.
Happy to hear it's on Ticketmaster.

Squarebanks
03-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Was told it would be up "this week" on the Seawolf site.
Go with the jokes on that thinking.
Unfortunately we deserve it.
Happy to hear it's on Ticketmaster.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/university-of-alaska-anchorage-seawolves-vs-alaska-fairbanks-hockey-Anchorage-Alaska-3-6-2015/event/0F004CEACD30436B

Alaska Hockey
03-01-2015, 07:54 PM

I don't think they are going to need it.

GoNanooks
03-01-2015, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by :
Military personnel with a valid ID can purchase a $5 ticket to all remaining ‪#‎SeawolfHockey‬ games. Tickets can be purchased at ITT in the Arctic Oasis Activities Center or at the Sullivan Arena

Is this still the case for this weekend?

Alaska Hockey
03-01-2015, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by :
Military personnel with a valid ID can purchase a $5 ticket to all remaining ‪#‎SeawolfHockey‬ games. Tickets can be purchased at ITT in the Arctic Oasis Activities Center or at the Sullivan Arena

An Alaska Peace Makers Militia ID's will not be honored in Anchorage.

Suze
03-01-2015, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by :

I was told it was.

Seawolf Fan
03-01-2015, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by :

An Alaska Peace Makers Militia ID's will not be honored in Anchorage.

I was told it was.
I believe Alaska Hockey is correct.