PDA

View Full Version : UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Seawolf Fan
03-04-2014, 12:32 PM
It's great to see UAA taking a motor coach up north for the UAA students. It's about time something like this happened!! I hope they fill it up.
Great! Hope it works out well for our students.
Any idea of the schedule? Where they would spend the night, etc.?
How do the UA_ students do when they come here?
I know college age kids can get pretty inventive.

UAFHockeyFan314
03-04-2014, 01:39 PM

Glad to hear they're coming! Should make the atmosphere that much better. Alaska's effort was coordinated, including a block of rooms at one of the hotels in Anchorage, typically the Hilton Garden Inn or the Sheraton were the two locations when I was involved.

Jimjamesak
03-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Great! Hope it works out well for our students.
Any idea of the schedule? Where they would spend the night, etc.?
They have a discount set up at the Westmark for the travelers.

Seawolf Fan
03-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Glad to hear they're coming! Should make the atmosphere that much better. Alaska's effort was coordinated, including a block of rooms at one of the hotels in Anchorage, typically the Hilton Garden Inn or the Sheraton were the two locations when I was involved.
And I'm assuming the old register 2 people to a room and sneak the other 6 in?
Makes the trip almost affordable.

UAFHockeyFan314
03-04-2014, 04:33 PM
And I'm assuming the old register 2 people to a room and sneak the other 6 in?
Makes the trip almost affordable.

Depends. Students were left to their own devices to arrange accommodations. Transportation to/from Anchorage, and the sullivan, as well as game tickets and bus snacks were what was included with the $50 price tag.

Squarebanks
03-04-2014, 04:37 PM
It's great to see UAA taking a motor coach up north for the UAA students.

Copycats.

Suze
03-04-2014, 04:57 PM
Copycats.

Kinda like UA_ giving out cowbells to their fans?

Suze
03-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Depends. Students were left to their own devices to arrange accommodations. Transportation to/from Anchorage, and the sullivan, as well as game tickets and bus snacks were what was included with the $50 price tag.

What a rip off! It's costing UAA students $25.00, and they get a breakfast at Gorsuch Commons, a box lunch on the motor coach, tickets, and a shuttle to and from each game. :) What a deal! Wish it was for those who aren't students as well!!

Jimjamesak
03-04-2014, 05:00 PM
What a rip off! It's costing UAA students $25.00, and they get a breakfast at Gorsuch Commons, a box lunch on the motor coach, tickets, and a shuttle to and from each game. :) What a deal! Wish it was for those who aren't students as well!!
I wish it had been available when I was student. That drive in December suuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Suze
03-04-2014, 05:03 PM
I wish it had been available when I was student. That drive in December suuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Yes it does. It's great to see the renewed interest in hockey. Thanks Keith Hackett!

Alaska Hockey
03-04-2014, 05:43 PM
Depends. Students were left to their own devices to arrange accommodations. Transportation to/from Anchorage, and the sullivan, as well as game tickets and bus snacks were what was included with the $50 price tag. It cost so much most stayed at Bro.Fran.and ate at the soup kitchen ......cheap and a mini reunion with old freinds.

Squarebanks
03-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Kinda like UA_ giving out cowbells to their fans?

Copying who, the Aces? I guess promoting a community heart center foundation is frowned upon at UAA. To each their own.

Alaska Hockey
03-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Copying who, the Aces? I guess promoting a community heart center foundation is frowned upon at UAA. To each their own.
I hope they give out bells this weekend, then I will have something to chuck at the Chuckie Cheese Center Chuckfest.

Seawolf Fan
03-04-2014, 07:26 PM
The cowbells originated with the Seawolves and were copied by the Aces.
Look it up!
Now UA_ is ringing them??????
Hey if it's fun who cares?

Alaska Hockey
03-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Look it up!
some other crap they thought up in the square but UAA passed on.............
The 1 gallon milk jugs weighted with a few quarters ( put one in every time the dump bears scored),
or the 3 foot long "thug sticks" that UA_ clowns beat up the arena with every time they didn't get their way with a call.

Suze
03-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Look it up!

Erik should stay home this weekend. He's already made it clear how he hates the cowbells at UAA games ... and now they have them at the Carlson too. Poetic justice.

Squarebanks
03-04-2014, 08:27 PM
The 1 gallon milk jugs weighted with a few quarters ( put one in every time the dump bears scored),
or the 3 foot long "thug sticks" that UA_ clowns beat up the arena with every time they didn't get their way with a call.

You're really dating yourself.

Squarebanks
03-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Look it up!

Now it makes sense. The only noisemakers I've seen at UAA games are the guys in that drum circle who try their best to imitate the band Moop from South Park.

UAFIceAngel
03-04-2014, 08:46 PM
The milk jugs were used for a good cause and money in them were donated to the summer scholarship program for athletes. But I have to say I've never seen the milk jugs and rarely see the thunder sticks at the Sullivan in the past 10-ish years that I've gone to for the games against UAA. Only thing I've ever seen was the cowbells...and the Nanooks have used cowbells off and on for at least the past 17-18 years as I have some old ones from when I was like 10 or 11. But it just means you offer mediocre ideas and products and we just make it better ;).

Seawolf Fan
03-04-2014, 08:58 PM
You're really dating yourself.
We've just got a long memory. Not addled by wood smoke and oil refinery chemicals in the water.
And don't forget:
It's a new day and a great day to be a Seawolf!