X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Does anyone know what the UAA/UA_ series record is?
    Not the number of water bottles thrown...UAA is up one to zip on ya there.
    I'm trying to remember what the game series totals are.
    Skip all the baloney and help me out with the series record.
    UAA leads 83-55-11
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      Speaking of rules, why didn't Larson get a penalty shot from that play?
      I don't think the refs were used to that situation. Tripping a player that is going in on a breakaway should be a penalty shot. Though we would have got the goal anyway if Motte didnt lose his helmet. Which was his own fault and the way he went down into Larsen there not a good chance his goalie helmet would ever stay on. He could have received a delay of game penalty for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
        Does anyone know what the UAA/UA_ series record is?
        Not the number of water bottles thrown...UAA is up one to zip on ya there.
        I'm trying to remember what the game series totals are.
        Skip all the baloney and help me out with the series record.
        Careful, it's a touchy subject up north.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
          Also, we were wearing camo jerseys both nights. Clearly Ferris couldn't see our players, otherwise they would have easily swept.

And for the record, this coming weekend is going to be a dogfight. UAA is going to throw the kitchen sink to try and get that trophy.
          Those were the ugliest jerseys I have EVER seen. Yuck. I guess you guys didn't have military appreciation night, you had military appreciation weekend, and special Olympics weekend, and ...
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
            I don't think the refs were used to that situation. Tripping a player that is going in on a breakaway should be a penalty shot. Though we would have got the goal anyway if Motte didnt lose his helmet. Which was his own fault and the way he went down into Larsen there not a good chance his goalie helmet would ever stay on. He could have received a delay of game penalty for that.
            Because there is a rule that the whistle blows, stopping play, if a players helmet comes off, there are some goalies who have made a habit of losing their helmet at just the "right" time.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              Because there is a rule that the whistle blows, stopping play, if a players helmet comes off, there are some goalies who have made a habit of losing their helmet at just the "right" time.
              I wonder who would do that? Because I can tell you no UAA goalie would ever do such a thing!
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                Soooo every goalie should start charging towards an oncoming player that results in losing their helmet?
                Goalies can skate all the way to the redline. ................... and QUIT whining about about losing a helmet......... the boys shaved their heads today ...will have to keep them well greased and shave them again Thursday but a little grease and sweat......no hair.........chin strap a little loose.........no adjustment for hair loss......we will be slinging helmets all weekend. Just want to see how good your faceoff guys are….

you know the drill ............ all for safety.
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                  Goalies can skate all the way to the redline. ................... and QUIT whining about about losing a helmet......... the boys shaved their heads today ...will have to keep them well greased and shave them again Thursday but a little grease and sweat......no hair.........chin strap a little loose.........no adjustment for hair loss......we will be slinging helmets all weekend. Just want to see how good your faceoff guys are….
                  you know the drill ............ all for safety.
                  Just because you UAA fans are used to hearing each other whine all the time doesn't mean what other people say automatically translates in to whining. I was simply asking the question if that's what people think is an acceptable way to play as a goalie.

Comment

UAA leads 83-55-11
                    ...I like UAA's all time record, but it is really meaningless at this point.
                    Truer words were never spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                      The officials told me that Larson did not have control of the puck at the time of contact. I rewound that video a dozen times or so and I'm still not 100%, but it looks as if Larson sees the hit coming a split second before and "shoots".

And yes, play stops the instant a helmet comes off ever. Regardless if the whistle was blown immediately or not. If the official called it a goal and went to review, it would have been overturned anyway for that same reason.
                      Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Careful, it's a touchy subject up north.
                        Not really.
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                          I'm an idiot. I must be crazy to live in Fairbanks!!
                          Truer words were never spoken.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Boy, talk about touchy…

I was just deferring to a greater hockey mind.
                            Did you want to see the full post from #9: NMU @ Anchorage: We're Going Up North Again, Eh?

I well remember the games between these two teams before Northern jumped to the CCHA. It's nice to have them back in the WCHA. I like UAA's all time record, but it is really meaningless at this point.
                            Word for word. On point.

Comment

Looks like Aces #1 homer Woody was spot on. We want home ice, we have to earn it. Getting swept at FSU was critical. Like it or not UAF playing great hockey at home. Looking forward to a tense 2 games. What's all this helmet on or off bull poop? It's over move on. Reminds me of a friend I used to play cribbage with. Peg out and beat him but his great line was "and if we kept playing"...my come back never wavered, "yeah but you lost"
                              Let's go UAA show up with them domes and get some points this weekend.
                              If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                                The officials told me that Larson did not have control of the puck at the time of contact. I rewound that video a dozen times or so and I'm still not 100%, but it looks as if Larson sees the hit coming a split second before and "shoots".

And yes, play stops the instant a helmet comes off ever. Regardless if the whistle was blown immediately or not. If the official called it a goal and went to review, it would have been overturned anyway for that same reason.
                                I don't have a problem with the officials decision. It was a judgement call and they don't have time to review every play. It is nice to know after the game what the calls were that they made. Any time a team scores and they wave it off fans won't be happy, even if they know that's the rule. Thankfully it didnt affect the outcome of the game, we didn't need that score. The Nanooks took care of buisness, now let's keep it going!!

Comment

Working...
                                X