PDA

View Full Version : UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51

Jimjamesak
02-15-2015, 03:59 PM
Actually, I felt a little guilty...but not that guilty.
Yeah we suck. We're definitely the worst team in the league.

And you lost to us.

Twice.

At home.

mmf
02-15-2015, 04:12 PM
We know. We're anxious. Don't cha just love this game.

Squarebanks
02-15-2015, 07:01 PM
Yeah we suck. We're definitely the worst team in the league.

And you lost to us.

Twice.

At home.

I can assure you just about all of us are still baffled by that weekend.

I normally hate playing UAA in Anchorage but I am legitimately intrigued by this matchup in a few weeks. I still think UAA comes away with the hardware since all they need to muster is at least one tie, but it will be interesting.

Squarebanks
02-15-2015, 07:02 PM
I hate it when both the Nooks and the Seaweed play at home on the same weekend. It makes it hard to watch or follow along since we play at the same time. How did you guys do this weekend?

Gold, Jerry, gold!!!

Seawolf Fan
02-15-2015, 08:41 PM
I hate it when both the Nooks and the Seaweed play at home on the same weekend. It makes it hard to watch or follow along since we play at the same time. How did you guys do this weekend?
If you're a UA_ person it's most likely beyond any of your mental abilities to simulcast.
Just think back to the last two head to head meetings between the two teams.
Oh, that's right that gives you an even worse headache.

mmf
02-15-2015, 09:45 PM
“Simulcast”?
Are kids now days using “simulcast” to mean something different than it really means?
That’s the bee’s knees. :)

Seawolf Fan
02-15-2015, 10:39 PM
“Simulcast”?
Are kids now days using “simulcast” to mean something different than it really means?
You're right thought maybe you could listen to one on the radio and the other on TV but correct that's not simulcast.
Should have known anyone who can post pictures on here would catch that.
Doesn't change the outcome of the last two series between the Mighty Seawolves and the dump bears.

Alaska Hockey
02-19-2015, 08:35 PM
“Simulcast”?

In _airbanks "Simulcast" means you picked up 2 TV’s at "the mall" one the picture works and the other only the sound works so ....................they Simulcast all programs. The northern's brain trust calls that innovation. ............... the Bee Sneeze.

Squarebanks
02-23-2015, 03:13 PM
Rumblings from Juneau today are that the UA system is looking at a $60+ million cut effective 7/1.

Brace yourselves.

Seawolf Fan
02-23-2015, 08:05 PM
Rumblings from Juneau today are that the UA system is looking at a $60+ million cut effective 7/1.

Brace yourselves.
Hard to say what the regents will do.
Next step will be endless guesses for the next several months.
Everyone with an ox to gore standing in a circle firing at everyone else.
Some will even shoot themselves in the foot.
Others will have better aim and be able to escape with nary a scratch.
Won't be fun but should be exciting.

Squarebanks
02-23-2015, 09:16 PM
Hard to say what the regents will do.
Next step will be endless guesses for the next several months.
Everyone with an ox to gore standing in a circle firing at everyone else.
Some will even shoot themselves in the foot.
Others will have better aim and be able to escape with nary a scratch.
Won't be fun but should be exciting.

If it really is $60 million then that is far and above what they were originally anticipating and told. It'll hurt everybody.

Jimjamesak
02-23-2015, 09:54 PM
If it really is $60 million then that is far and above what they were originally anticipating and told. It'll hurt everybody.
Yeesh, and they already announced the tuition raise. Yup, it's gonna hurt.

Seawolf Fan
02-23-2015, 11:25 PM
Yeesh, and they already announced the tuition raise. Yup, it's gonna hurt.

We keep getting what the majority of us people vote for.
And I guess that's the way it should be.
But how we can keep sending these clowns to Juneau even after they have proven themselves incompetent is unconscionable.
We get the best governance that big oil money can buy.

Seawolf Fan
02-23-2015, 11:31 PM
And the worst part of it is I can't even sports hate UA_ enough to hope bad things happen to them in this.
Unfortunately we're in this thing together in this battle.
Jeeezzz that tastes terrible!

Squarebanks
02-24-2015, 09:03 PM
Final House number is a $43 million UA system cut. One of the committee members introduced an amendment to basically gut both athletic departments on top of that but it was withdrawn.

Cross your fingers the Senate comes back with a better number.

Suze
02-24-2015, 09:08 PM
Final House number is a $43 million UA system cut. One of the committee members introduced a bill to basically gut both athletic departments on top of that but it was withdrawn.

Cross your fingers the Senate comes back with a better number.

Do you know which committee member? I wonder if that was done in an Executive Session?

Squarebanks
02-24-2015, 10:15 PM
Do you know which committee member? I wonder if that was done in an Executive Session?

Seaton.

It was done at the close out meeting, which was public.

Seawolf Fan
02-24-2015, 11:03 PM
Seaton.

It was done at the close out meeting, which was public.

Paul Seaton Republican Representative from Homer
UA_ graduate

http://www.housemajority.org/members/seaton/

Along with several other post graduate programs he's a commercial fisherman so he most likely is aware of the value of athletics to our institutions.
He doesn't appear to be Draconian so I'm hopeful he will be aware how much esteem athletics adds to our universities.
It never hurts to put forth our position on an issue.

mmf
02-24-2015, 11:46 PM
Rep Seaton's comments were more about cuts to "non-core" areas, including athletics as an example, but he didn't get into micro managing the cuts. Here is the 1 hour committee meeting. Others also commented on cuts to athletics.

http://www.360north.org/gavel-archives/?event_id=2147483647_2015021379

The House committee reduced their original recommended cut of $43m to $25m. I missed if that was replacing the Governors $9m cut or in addition to the Governors $9m cut. Some confusing comments but I didn't go back and listen. A summary should be in tomorrow's paper.

This is far, far, from over. The House action means little.

Suze
02-25-2015, 01:03 AM
Let's not forget that the state has very healthy reserves. Channel 2 news interviewed a UAA economist a month or so ago, and he said if the state budget remained level, we would have the money in our savings to pay the bills for the next 6 or 7 years. I believe the state has around 12 billion in savings (aside from the permanent fund of course).