PDA

View Full Version : UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Seawolf Fan
08-11-2014, 09:54 PM
From the _airbanks News Miner:

FAIRBANKS — The Fairbanks housing market is one of the more unique in the country — including a much higher than average number of residents who live without basic amenities such as indoor plumbing or a full kitchen.

May explain some of the odd behavior we see from those folks on the edge of nowhere.

AKSWF
08-11-2014, 11:45 PM
From the SB Nation blog rating college hockey rivalry's:

1. Who wins in a mythical battle over Alaska?
Several states have two major college hockey programs. Rhode Island has Brown and Providence. New Hampshire has UNH and Dartmouth. Alaska, isolated and on its own, features the best of the two team battles with the dual hatred both Nanooks and Seawolves have for the other. Despite spending over 20 years in separate conferences until last season, both Alaska-Anchorage and Alaska made time to play one another for bragging rights over the Governor's Cup. The battle between the state's two largest cities mirrors the closeness of Pittsburgh-Philadelphia on the NHL map and is one that would be great to play out here.

We're number 1.

Hate to be that guy, but they did mention "in no particular order". Link. (http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014/8/7/5978683/college-hockey-hate-map-minnesota-boston-college-michigan-north-dakota)

AKSWF
08-11-2014, 11:46 PM
On that site they would bee really hurting for views to put us as number one in anything.

UAA08
08-12-2014, 12:13 AM

FAIRBANKS — The Fairbanks housing market is one of the more unique in the country — including a much higher than average number of residents who live without basic amenities such as indoor plumbing or a full kitchen.

May explain some of the odd behavior we see from those folks on the edge of nowhere.

That's why the bathroom stalls are always full at their barn. Everyone with no plumbing is taking a "Hot Carl".

uaafanblog
08-12-2014, 01:52 AM
Seeing the rivalry link above along with the announcement for the Soldier Field outdoor games makes me wonder if maybe there is some way that UAA and UA_ could be participants in 2015-2016. Would either school be willing to give up a single home date to play one of the Gov Cups games in that "event"? Would it generate any interest outside of Alaska? Some other venue? Is it just me wishful thinking for a game nearby?

Alaska Hockey
08-12-2014, 02:46 AM

"Edge of nowhere" it's more in the vein of ........... "358 miles northeast of normal".

birdman
08-15-2014, 07:51 PM
"Edge of nowhere" it's more in the vein of ........... "358 miles northeast of normal".

So now when we speak of normal Anchorage is the benchmark, I was hoping for more.

Squarebanks
08-15-2014, 08:51 PM
So now when we speak of normal Anchorage is the benchmark, I was hoping for more.

Consider the source.

Alaska Hockey
08-17-2014, 03:33 AM
So now when we speak of normal Anchorage is the benchmark,

That will work for me.

I was hoping for more.

It's coming ......

Alaska Hockey
09-22-2014, 03:36 PM
*shakes fist at clouds*

Everybody in _airbanks is glad the rain will stop Tuesday, as snow is in the forcast. They all can't wait for that beloved -40.

Squarebanks
09-22-2014, 04:14 PM
Everybody in _airbanks is glad the rain will stop Tuesday, as snow is in the forcast. They all can't wait for that beloved -40.

Yes, the forecast high of 46 should lead to some real significant accumulation.

I also guess you forgot Anchorage recorded snow a year ago tomorrow.

mmf
09-22-2014, 05:31 PM
Alaska Hockey is checking right now to see if he forgot to put his pants on this morning.
Don't ask him about stuff over a year ago.

:) - just kidding A.H.
See you at the Kendall.

Alaska Hockey
09-22-2014, 05:51 PM
Yes, the forecast high of 46 should lead to some real significant accumulation.

I also guess you forgot Anchorage recorded snow a year ago tomorrow.

Dude..speaking of Anchorage....... the tours have a "New Hot Stop".........the Palin Brawl yard...... retake control your Valley Trash Girls Anchorage isn't Jim creek.

Squarebanks
09-23-2014, 12:58 AM
Dude..speaking of Anchorage....... the tours have a "New Hot Stop".........the Palin Brawl yard...... retake control your Valley Trash Girls Anchorage isn't Jim creek.

Does the tour use a Hummer stretch limo?

Alaska Hockey
09-25-2014, 02:12 AM
Alaska Hockey is checking right now to see if he forgot to put his pants on this morning.
Don't ask him about stuff over a year ago.

:) - just kidding A.H.
See you at the Kendall.

who in the hell are you ?

Alaska Hockey
11-06-2014, 02:04 PM
I asked Karr if he's going to travel with the team to _airbanks in November. He said he was booked for the trip but remembered later he forgot about hosting a Mary Kay party. He is very sorry, but he has to cancel the trip to _airbanks. He hopes they understand.

Squarebanks
11-06-2014, 04:38 PM
I asked Karr if he's going to travel with the team to _airbanks in November. He said he was booked for the trip but remembered later he forgot about hosting a Mary Kay party. He is very sorry, but he has to cancel the trip to _airbanks. He hopes they understand.

Karr isn't the only one. His boss, who has since retired, is on the hook too as far as I'm concerned.

Alaska Hockey
11-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Karr isn't the only one. His boss, who has since retired, is on the hook too as far as I'm concerned.

I've forgotten his name, was it Moe, Curley or Larry?

Seawolf Fan
11-06-2014, 08:58 PM
MMF
"Who got the Cup?"
UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA NCAA NCAA NCAA UAF UAF

Just curious if you're going to man up and put UAA where they rightfully belong or if you're going to wimp out and trivialize the use of ineligible players? Administrative errors? These guys didn't know that the tiddlywinks course would not count towards whatever major they might maybe sometime when they got around to it declare? Those cheaters got caught and the current guys pay for it.
And while you're trying to fathom the very deep moral issue of what's the right thing to do maybe consider it's UA_. Or if I remember it correctly your school was the one that was ashamed to be associated with the town on the edge of nowhere so dropped it's name. But to be fair it should be UAF up until the time they decided to drop the _.

mmf
11-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Just curious...

Pardon me ma’am, your ignorance is showing…