PDA

View Full Version : UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Suze
03-03-2014, 02:07 AM
Does anyone know what the UAA/UA_ series record is?
Not the number of water bottles thrown...UAA is up one to zip on ya there.
I'm trying to remember what the game series totals are.
Skip all the baloney and help me out with the series record.

UAA leads 83-55-11

GoNanooks
03-03-2014, 02:07 AM
Speaking of rules, why didn't Larson get a penalty shot from that play?

I don't think the refs were used to that situation. Tripping a player that is going in on a breakaway should be a penalty shot. Though we would have got the goal anyway if Motte didnt lose his helmet. Which was his own fault and the way he went down into Larsen there not a good chance his goalie helmet would ever stay on. He could have received a delay of game penalty for that.

Jimjamesak
03-03-2014, 02:08 AM
Does anyone know what the UAA/UA_ series record is?
Not the number of water bottles thrown...UAA is up one to zip on ya there.
I'm trying to remember what the game series totals are.
Skip all the baloney and help me out with the series record.
Careful, it's a touchy subject up north. ;)

Suze
03-03-2014, 02:08 AM
Also, we were wearing camo jerseys both nights. Clearly Ferris couldn't see our players, otherwise they would have easily swept.

And for the record, this coming weekend is going to be a dogfight. UAA is going to throw the kitchen sink to try and get that trophy.

Those were the ugliest jerseys I have EVER seen. Yuck. I guess you guys didn't have military appreciation night, you had military appreciation weekend, and special Olympics weekend, and ...

Suze
03-03-2014, 02:11 AM
I don't think the refs were used to that situation. Tripping a player that is going in on a breakaway should be a penalty shot. Though we would have got the goal anyway if Motte didnt lose his helmet. Which was his own fault and the way he went down into Larsen there not a good chance his goalie helmet would ever stay on. He could have received a delay of game penalty for that.

Because there is a rule that the whistle blows, stopping play, if a players helmet comes off, there are some goalies who have made a habit of losing their helmet at just the "right" time.

Jimjamesak
03-03-2014, 02:16 AM
Because there is a rule that the whistle blows, stopping play, if a players helmet comes off, there are some goalies who have made a habit of losing their helmet at just the "right" time.
I wonder who would do that? Because I can tell you no UAA goalie would ever do such a thing!

Alaska Hockey
03-03-2014, 02:47 AM
Soooo every goalie should start charging towards an oncoming player that results in losing their helmet?

Goalies can skate all the way to the redline. ................... and QUIT whining about about losing a helmet......... the boys shaved their heads today ...will have to keep them well greased and shave them again Thursday but a little grease and sweat......no hair.........chin strap a little loose.........no adjustment for hair loss......we will be slinging helmets all weekend. Just want to see how good your faceoff guys are….

you know the drill ............ all for safety.

UAFIceAngel
03-03-2014, 02:56 AM
Goalies can skate all the way to the redline. ................... and QUIT whining about about losing a helmet......... the boys shaved their heads today ...will have to keep them well greased and shave them again Thursday but a little grease and sweat......no hair.........chin strap a little loose.........no adjustment for hair loss......we will be slinging helmets all weekend. Just want to see how good your faceoff guys are….
you know the drill ............ all for safety.

Just because you UAA fans are used to hearing each other whine all the time doesn't mean what other people say automatically translates in to whining. I was simply asking the question if that's what people think is an acceptable way to play as a goalie.

mmf
03-03-2014, 03:56 AM
UAA leads 83-55-11

...I like UAA's all time record, but it is really meaningless at this point.

Truer words were never spoken.

UAFHockeyFan314
03-03-2014, 04:47 AM

The officials told me that Larson did not have control of the puck at the time of contact. I rewound that video a dozen times or so and I'm still not 100%, but it looks as if Larson sees the hit coming a split second before and "shoots".

And yes, play stops the instant a helmet comes off ever. Regardless if the whistle was blown immediately or not. If the official called it a goal and went to review, it would have been overturned anyway for that same reason.

Squarebanks
03-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Careful, it's a touchy subject up north. ;)

Not really.

Suze
03-03-2014, 10:31 AM
I'm an idiot. I must be crazy to live in Fairbanks!!

Truer words were never spoken.

mmf
03-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Boy, talk about touchy…

I was just deferring to a greater hockey mind.
Did you want to see the full post from #9: NMU @ Anchorage: We're Going Up North Again, Eh?

I well remember the games between these two teams before Northern jumped to the CCHA. It's nice to have them back in the WCHA. I like UAA's all time record, but it is really meaningless at this point.

Word for word. On point.

Hal9K
03-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Looks like Aces #1 homer Woody was spot on. We want home ice, we have to earn it. Getting swept at FSU was critical. Like it or not UAF playing great hockey at home. Looking forward to a tense 2 games. What's all this helmet on or off bull poop? It's over move on. Reminds me of a friend I used to play cribbage with. Peg out and beat him but his great line was "and if we kept playing"...my come back never wavered, "yeah but you lost"
Let's go UAA show up with them domes and get some points this weekend.

GoNanooks
03-03-2014, 12:22 PM
The officials told me that Larson did not have control of the puck at the time of contact. I rewound that video a dozen times or so and I'm still not 100%, but it looks as if Larson sees the hit coming a split second before and "shoots".

And yes, play stops the instant a helmet comes off ever. Regardless if the whistle was blown immediately or not. If the official called it a goal and went to review, it would have been overturned anyway for that same reason.
I don't have a problem with the officials decision. It was a judgement call and they don't have time to review every play. It is nice to know after the game what the calls were that they made. Any time a team scores and they wave it off fans won't be happy, even if they know that's the rule. Thankfully it didnt affect the outcome of the game, we didn't need that score. The Nanooks took care of buisness, now let's keep it going!!

AKSWF
03-03-2014, 04:33 PM
Records mean absolutely nothing in a rivalry game. Anything and everything will happen this weekend. Game on!

Jimjamesak
03-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Records mean absolutely nothing in a rivalry game. Anything and everything will happen this weekend. Game on!
Truth about anything can happen, Shane Lovdahl once had a 4-point game against UAF.

AKSWF
03-04-2014, 03:45 AM
Truth about anything can happen, Shane Lovdahl once had a 4-point game against UAF.

I got no problem with saving your best stuff for those yahoo's up north. I seem to only remember the house of horrors that barn is becoming for us. Perfect time to stop this is now, I wonder who will get the starts for us? Kamal and Gundy both weren't stellar last weekend, nor were they bad enough to not get a start this weekend. This might be the last chance our senior goaltenders play against UA_, or do you throw Mattyice, (See what I did there, I know you Atlanta Falcons fans will get it) the young kid into the fire and see what he can do?

Jimjamesak
03-04-2014, 01:03 PM
I got no problem with saving your best stuff for those yahoo's up north. I seem to only remember the house of horrors that barn is becoming for us. Perfect time to stop this is now, I wonder who will get the starts for us? Kamal and Gundy both weren't stellar last weekend, nor were they bad enough to not get a start this weekend. This might be the last chance our senior goaltenders play against UA_, or do you throw Mattyice, (See what I did there, I know you Atlanta Falcons fans will get it) the young kid into the fire and see what he can do?
I would consider the Carlson Center anything but a "House of Horrors". I mean, it is horrible, just not a horror.

Suze
03-04-2014, 01:07 PM

I'd personally go with Kamal ... he has had more of the hot hand this season. It's great to see UAA taking a motor coach up north for the UAA students. It's about time something like this happened!! I hope they fill it up.