This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Ok, so normally in a Game 3 the WCHA would send new referees. Do we think that'll happen on this short notice?
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Well, it's a possibility. It's not like Thomas has no experience in winning in long series' such as these.
      After we got squashed 7-2, he turned, twisted, and got into their minds... UAA has outplayed UA_ the last 3 games... Shut them down... UA_ benefitted from a shootout, and an OT goal...

I believe the turning point has come...
      Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post
        After we got squashed 7-2, he turned, twisted, and got into their minds... UAA has outplayed UA_ the last 3 games... Shut them down... UA_ benefitted from a shootout, and an OT goal...

We still got one more game.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          We still got one more game.
          Doesn't really matter.
          Win or lose we've turned the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post

You've hit the nail on the head!
            Of course we want a Seawolf victory Saturday night.
            However no matter the outcome the Seawolves have proven that over time they will be the prevailing team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              Doesn't really matter.
              Win or lose we've turned the corner.
              Doesn't matter?!? This next game doesn't matter? WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot are you talking about?!? This game means a lot! Can this program finally win a big game? Can this team finally eliminate Fairbanks? Is this program really a losing program or a winning one?
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Game 5? This is Game 7!
                Oh yeah duh, I've lost count haha
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Well, it's a possibility. It's not like Thomas has no experience in winning in long series' such as these.
                  Very good point, this is essentially an elimination game in a best of 7 game series. Albeit stretched out a bit, which I can only assume favors Thomas even more.
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                    Very good point, this is essentially an elimination game in a best of 7 game series. Albeit stretched out a bit, which I can only assume favors Thomas even more.
                    Yeah, there's no secrets now. This series, as it goes on, heads right into Thomas' wheelhouse.

One big thing is that Butterbean has been his top 5 a lot. It may be because of injuries and such but he's having to rely on them too much. Especially in the third last night they looked gassed. With the series being so physical you can't be playing the same guys 35-40 minutes a night. I know you shorten the bench and rely on your top guys in the playoffs but, not that much.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Yeah, there's no secrets now. This series, as it goes on, heads right into Thomas' wheelhouse.

One big thing is that Butterbean has been his top 5 a lot. It may be because of injuries and such but he's having to rely on them too much. Especially in the third last night they looked gassed. With the series being so physical you can't be playing the same guys 35-40 minutes a night. I know you shorten the bench and rely on your top guys in the playoffs but, not that much.
                      Part of their downfall could bee self inflicted.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                        Part of their downfall could bee self inflicted.
                        What's with the "bee"?
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

One and done, let's move on boys. D up again tonight and play again next weekend.
                          If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                            Butterbean had his best players out for most of the third period they were double and triple shifting. They will be tanking early.............. and puking local.....
                            This is my concern. We were basically using four D last night. Colton Parayko showed amazing endurance, but a lot of the other guys (not just defensemen, forwards too} looked exhausted by the third period. I don't remember the last time we used such a short bench.

I was surprised that J.D. Peterson wasn't on the ice. Is he injured too?

Comment

Originally posted by Wondering View Post
                              This is my concern. We were basically using four D last night. Colton Parayko showed amazing endurance, but a lot of the other guys (not just defensemen, forwards too} looked exhausted by the third period. I don't remember the last time we used such a short bench.

I was surprised that J.D. Peterson wasn't on the ice. Is he injured too?
                              Gee, how many guys do you have who are injured? I saw one of your guys having a hard time getting up after blocking a shot, but didn't catch his number and don't know if he returned to the game or not.
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                Gee, how many guys do you have who are injured? I saw one of your guys having a hard time getting up after blocking a shot, but didn't catch his number and don't know if he returned to the game or not.
                                That was Garrick Perry. He did get back on the ice a little later, but it was near the end of the game so it might not have been much of a test. I really hope he's not too banged up -- he's one of the Nanooks' key players. Very fast and energetic and motivated.

Comment

Working...
                                X