PDA

View Full Version : UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Nanookfan24
03-16-2014, 03:20 AM
Im proud of the nooks for the way they kept battling through out the game. It was tough to see all the injuries but they fought through them. In the end it's the scoreboard that matters and unfortunately it is uaa who gets to continue playing. But I have a lot of respect for coach Tomas for talking to our players after the game and asking about injuries and wishing the seniors luck for the rest of their hockey careers.

Jimjamesak
03-16-2014, 03:40 AM
Im proud of the nooks for the way they kept battling through out the game. It was tough to see all the injuries but they fought through them. In the end it's the scoreboard that matters and unfortunately it is uaa who gets to continue playing. But I have a lot of respect for coach Tomas for talking to our players after the game and asking about injuries and wishing the seniors luck for the rest of their hockey careers.
Respectfully, that was a heck of a series both teams. 3 one goal games! You guys played well for the most part but much respect to you guys. I don't like UAF, but I do respect you guys.

Alaska Hockey
03-16-2014, 03:59 AM
Respectfully, that was a heck of a series both teams. 3 one goal games! You guys played well for the most part but much respect to you guys. I don't like UAF, but I do respect you guys.

Ditto

revfnb
03-16-2014, 09:08 AM
Expect to hear of some UAF seniors signing pro contracts in the next few days - if not today. Congrats to UAF and GO SEAWOLVES!

Squarebanks
03-16-2014, 10:32 AM
It's University of Average Achievers thank you very much.

I've been giving you guys that one for years and yet you guys still don't take it...

Either one works. ;)

Squarebanks
03-16-2014, 10:40 AM

That it was. I wish we had been full strength, but it is what is and you play the cards you're dealt with this time of year. Proud of our guys for not giving up.

Nanookfan24
03-16-2014, 11:08 AM
How many injuries do the seawolves have going into next week?

Suze
03-16-2014, 12:35 PM
How many injuries do the seawolves have going into next week?

Not exactly sure. There are a couple guys, one is finished for the season.

Suze
03-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Wait, when? Sure as heck wasn't this season.

Wait, what? Three out of five wins in your barn isn't considered "finding a way to win" in _airbanks? Nutty girl.

Wolfman
03-16-2014, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=Suze;5919881]Wait, what? Three out of five wins in your barn isn't considered "finding a way to win" in _airbanks? Nutty girl.[QUOTE]

I just want to wish comgrats to Nanooks for a solid season! I am so happy my Seawolves won, but I know it could have easily been Alaska. I know nook fans it was a hard pill to swollow, so I am not going to kick you while you are down.

Hoping we beat Ferris on Friday!

Suze
03-16-2014, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=Suze;5919881]Wait, what? Three out of five wins in your barn isn't considered "finding a way to win" in _airbanks? Nutty girl.[QUOTE]

I just want to wish comgrats to Nanooks for a solid season! I am so happy my Seawolves won, but I know it could have easily been Alaska. I know nook fans it was a hard pill to swollow, so I am not going to kick you while you are down.

Hoping we beat Ferris on Friday!

It could have been UA_, but I am very pleased that for the majority of all the games, UAA was in the lead and UA_ was playing catch up. The boys were very focused and we got solid goal tending three nights in a row. Considering how the Saturday game against Ferris could have easily gone our way, I am encouraged for this weekend.

UAFIceAngel
03-16-2014, 05:37 PM
Wait, what? Three out of five wins in your barn isn't considered "finding a way to win" in _airbanks? Nutty girl.

I just assumed when someone says FU they must have made the typo in forgetting the S in FSU or that person thought it was Ferrisstate University because like I said before, the whole FU thing just isn't clever/funny/insulting. Even the UA_ is better than FU. So that was the reason for my comment about it not happening this season, because UAA did not beat FSU this season. I didn't see it as being someones attempt to be insulting.

UAA08
03-16-2014, 06:30 PM
Congrats to Kunyk. Now, he can move down to Anchorage, rent a place right by the arena in Fairview with Taranto, and suit up for dump bears South as early as next weekend. _airbanks fans should bring their cowbells this weekend to get him ready for next weekend.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/apa/4375464146.html

Alaska Hockey
03-16-2014, 06:52 PM
2014 Bottom line
Heads up Victories................UAA......UA_
Basketball Mení....................1..........1
Basketball Womenís..............2..........0
Volleyball............................2..........0
Hockey..............................4..........3
Hockey Alum........................1.........0
Great day to be a Seawolf....10..........4

uaafanblog
03-16-2014, 07:48 PM
Regardless of anything else; a stop must be made to the horrendous UAF broadcasts. Nope, Bruce and Erik are fine (Erik does hellaciously less "Umm" "Uhhh" than he used to) but what/whoever is responsible for making viewers watch AND listen to every single piece of university PR and crowd promotions MUST be stopped. Having to listen to their rink announcer be a cheerleader is equally unacceptable (also patently offensive to the milieux of college hockey).

This crap must stop. Look, I understand we are watching the same "Feed" as is used in the barn ... but that's just not acceptable. It might have been fine for the CCHA bus league but this isn't that league and a continuation is indefensible.

Suze
03-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Regardless of anything else; a stop must be made to the horrendous UAF broadcasts. Nope, Bruce and Erik are fine (Erik does hellaciously less "Umm" "Uhhh" than he used to) but what/whoever is responsible for making viewers watch AND listen to every single piece of university PR and crowd promotions MUST be stopped. Having to listen to their rink announcer be a cheerleader is equally unacceptable (also patently offensive to the milieux of college hockey).

This crap must stop. Look, I understand we are watching the same "Feed" as is used in the barn ... but that's just not acceptable. It might have been fine for the CCHA bus league but this isn't that league and a continuation is indefensible.

I totally agree with you ... gasp! Their camera guys also need to do a better job. I didn't even get to see our goal that was waived off because the camera didn't follow the puck. That happened a lot. And it sure would be nice to hear player and coach interviews between periods and after the game as well.

Wondering
03-16-2014, 08:12 PM
Congratulations to UAA, and good luck this weekend. I hate that you beat us, but a rivalry where both teams are strong benefits us both. A good enemy makes a team more interesting to recruits.

Squarebanks
03-16-2014, 08:20 PM
I totally agree with you ... gasp! Their camera guys also need to do a better job. I didn't even get to see our goal that was waived off because the camera didn't follow the puck. That happened a lot. And it sure would be nice to hear player and coach interviews between periods and after the game as well.

The radio broadcast has a coaches interview before the game. It used to be that the post game presser was part of the overall broadcast but that seems to have gone away. Plans are afoot to move to a more traditional TV broadcast, from what I am told.

Squarebanks
03-16-2014, 08:22 PM
Congratulations to UAA, and good luck this weekend. I hate that you beat us, but a rivalry where both teams are strong benefits us both. A good enemy makes a team more interesting to recruits.

I would echo this sentiment. I'd be all for a world where we were 1-2 in the WCHA every year.

Seawolf Fan
03-16-2014, 08:24 PM
I would echo this sentiment. I'd be all for a world where we were 1-2 in the WCHA every year.
UAA 1st
UA_ 2nd
Couldn't agree more!